Author Topic: Clam Nanook runner kit ideas  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Jiffyjerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam Nanook runner kit ideas
« on: Dec 02, 2017, 10:57 AM »
Hello, I seen the runner kits for around $45 or so, has anyone just mounted cut down skis to the 2 sections on the bottom? Mine is the 2 man flip nanook. Would you think putting silicone around the bolts and or screws is a good idea as well? thank much, Al.
Got Bugs?

Offline Jiffyjerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clam Nanook runner kit ideas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Wow, I'm trying the skis.
Got Bugs?

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2017, 06:40 AM »
Nice Idea. I have the Clam Nanook also, but decided to get some "Hyfax Runners" from a local Plastics Manufacturing Plant a few years ago.  Sofar, I've been happy with their performance.

Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2017, 07:19 AM »
I have the hyfax runners on my clam. They are great on ice and a little snow and protect my tub when I drag it across a parking lot or down a concrete launch or over rocks. If there's more snow than the runners can handle, I break out the Smitty sled and I'm off to the races!

Offline Jiffyjerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Thanks, I'm going to fiddle with mounting skis to the bottom with stainless hardware. I have a smitty for deeper snow also.
Got Bugs?

Offline wranglerdrvr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:50 PM »
I have the same hut and havnt done runner yet but actually contemplated the ski idea. Let us know how it works out.

Not the hijack but -
Along the same lines and since you have the same sled, have you done any mods to the seating? I’ve been tossing around the idea of making it a bench seat, i love the swivels but sometimes think they limit storage; actually took out one of them for weight reasons last year. Getting the urge to trick it out before we get ice

Offline ErieIce33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2017, 07:20 PM »
I have the same hut and havnt done runner yet but actually contemplated the ski idea. Let us know how it works out.

Not the hijack but -
Along the same lines and since you have the same sled, have you done any mods to the seating? I’ve been tossing around the idea of making it a bench seat, i love the swivels but sometimes think they limit storage; actually took out one of them for weight reasons last year. Getting the urge to trick it out before we get ice
I'm currently working on changing my seating , the bases for my seats on my nanook are extremely heavy and offer no storage. Found coolers by igloo that are perfect height, a fraction of the weight and they will be great for storage and will keep stuff dry. Planing on mounting my swivel seats to them... Also will be putting in a console that is lightweight, I always pull my shanty so weight is a big issue. Will post pics in a separate thread soon.

Offline paramedicjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2017, 08:47 PM »
Smitty sled plans , search the site . Also check out my mods of my nanook . The  smitty sled is the best way I have found to move mine .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.