Author Topic: Some Bayrunner Mods  (Read 35382 times)

Offline maximus4444

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Some Bayrunner Mods
« Reply #90 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Just picked up a Bay Runner and looking for inspiration.  But Photobucket is killing me!

Any one interested in re-uploading their photos??? 

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Just picked up a Bay Runner and looking for inspiration.  But Photobucket is killing me!

Any one interested in re-uploading their photos??? 
I'll see what I can do this weekend...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline maximus4444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Jan 12, 2018, 11:26 AM »
I'll see what I can do this weekend...

Thank you!

Offline Beeler

« Reply #93 on: Jan 13, 2018, 11:51 AM »
Here are the mods I made to my Bay Runner. Rubber band around the reel holds the poles in place. The rack behind the seat really comes in handy and the entertainment center is a must. Everything is fasten down so, I only have to remove my lines and camera or transducer if I want to move to another fishing spot. No need to fold the shack down. Great hole hopper! I did put plastic runners on the bottom of the shack.     

Offline maximus4444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 15, 2018, 01:07 PM »
Cool!  I like!  Thanks for sharing.

What kind of flooring is in the bottom of your sled?

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:33 AM »
Ok guys and gals, I've received a ton of PMs saying a lot of people cant see the photobucket pics of my BayRunner build so I went through my old laptop and found some to upload... I know I've got a bunch more of the build but I need to find the folder or thumb drive they are on. As I find them I'll put them up, I'll try to remember to take some current ones on the ice but my runner hasn't changed much in the last couple years. If you have any questions just ask...

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline maximus4444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Jan 24, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Thanks!!! That's fantastic

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #97 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:11 PM »
Finally got the Bayrunner out this year. No ice last year. I was able to open your modification pics last month. Just more of a pain.

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #98 on: Jan 28, 2018, 07:18 PM »
Went back through the thread, and some of the pics don`t open, or lot`s of pop ups now. Only complaint with the Bayrunner is getting it back in the truck by myself. Got ram 2500 which is pretty tall.

Offline Beeler

« Reply #99 on: Jan 29, 2018, 03:42 PM »
I have a Ford Ranger and I use this ramp to unload my Bay Runner and then I use the winch to load it. I have a separate battery just for the winch and its has a wireless remote. When it's glare ice and you can't get good footing to push the shack up the ramp the winch is a back saver.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Jan 30, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Yup, they can be tough to load. Looks like Beeler has it beat though... I have a lifted step side chevy and with the back bumper being a little over waist high I usually just stand the BR on its tail (it will balance there if not too windy) and back up to it, then lift and slide but I rarely use my truck ice fishing, I have a winter beater Rav4 that handles most fishing trips... I had to remove the back seats and modify (smash and break) some of the interior panels and remove the hinge limiter for the back door but I can manage to stuff the 44" wide BR though the 42" opening with enough twisting and swearing and it always dries nicely in the car with the heat cranked.
Its the price we pay for being able to sit in the bayrunner off the ice as opposed to a standard flp that loads and fits easier but your feet and some of your gear is on the ice...

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jul 25, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Fantastic thread!  I am on the fence about getting a bay runner or an eskimo inferno one man.  Love not having to put everything away if I want to move and considering I will be pulling it with a wheeler, it would make things a whole lot easier!
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline Beeler

« Reply #102 on: Jul 26, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Not pulling everything out of shanty to move is a big plus. I have my Bayrunner modified so that I don't have to remove anything if I have to move. I had 2 flip shanties and the Bayrunner is so user friendly once you make the mods. It's great for hole hopping! Also your feet are not on the ice and I have a rubber mat on the floor.

Offline rob1680

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Jan 30, 2019, 12:06 PM »
Really like the Bay runner.  Is it possible to fish two average sixe 200# guys?  I normally fish alone, but want the option from time to time.

Offline Elrik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Jan 30, 2019, 02:59 PM »
Really like the Bay runner.  Is it possible to fish two average sixe 200# guys?  I normally fish alone, but want the option from time to time.

I can't speak for the 200, but the original bayrunner was a tight squeeze for adult and small child, no way you would get two 200lb + guys in one.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:39 PM »

I guess you could squeeze two guys in a runner to warm up in while waiting for flags but you'd be shoulder to shoulder and jigging would be really tough in my opinion...

Offline rob1680

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Thank you.  Such a cool concept, I really wanted one, but need a 2 man.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Jan 31, 2019, 05:26 PM »
very nice job

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.