Author Topic: Eskimo fish shanties...  (Read 1760 times)

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Eskimo fish shanties...
« on: Nov 05, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Any pros or cons? How is the quality? Easy to transport/move across the snow and ice?

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Eskimo fish shanties...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2005, 08:54 PM »
i have an eskimo lodge. it is a 4 man shelter and weighs a hundred lbs. its a bear to tow in deep snow if you are haling it by hand but any 4 man would be. the quality of the canvas is first rate. its thick and keeps the weather out and the heat in. soaks up the sun pretty good too. it sets up and back down in less than a minute everytime. overall i am very happy with this portable.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2005, 10:14 PM »
I was also looking into buying one of the lodges and i have heard good things about them and they seem very nice.

Offline mnfishman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I have the Eskimo Flip II and it is a great flip over for the money.  I got it at Fleet Farm in Dec of 03 on sale for $275.  It is put together really well the only complaint that I have is the sled is a little weak in my opinion.  The otter sleds are made with thicker plastic but I guess that is why the otter's are $400-$500.  As for the canvas and windows they are all good.  The door in the front is nice so you don't have to lift the top and let all the heat out.  The built in bench is real comfortable.

For this year I am going to buy me some snowmobile hyfax and put three of them on the bottom so that I don't wear out the sled pulling it across the parking lot. 

All in all they are a great buy and they don't weigh very much either.

Offline woodyjdh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!-Certified!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2005, 12:45 AM »
I too have the QFII.  I haven't had her out yet, but plan to make it out as much as possible this year.  (Although the way the weather is going, I'm thinkin of adding pontoons to it)  ::) One of the features I like about the Eskimo is: Removable (velcro'd) windows.  I read time and time again how people's windows crack and break.  This would surely make it easier to replace!  My only complaint is trying to get someone at Eskimo to reply to me.  I've had some suggestions for some time, and e-mailed them numerous times-to no avail.  One day I'll remember to call them after work.  That is my only complaint as of now.
Where there's a Woody, there's a way!
I don't suffer from insanity-I enjoy every minute of it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.