Author Topic: Going Round  (Read 1195 times)

grumpymoe

Going Round
« on: Oct 21, 2005, 10:58 AM »
I posted a pic of this somewhere here last year but where???.....snapped a pic of this great shanty idea........salvaged an aluminum satellite dish for the roof........2 round bale feeders for the framework......light plywood for sheeting and a solid floor......it was amazing just how much room inside with a couple of old bus seats to sit on.....Grump                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Offline DRabbit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Going Round
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Thats a pretty cool idea and a nice looking shanty. One of a kind thats for sure.

Offline Yellow Belly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't horse 'em
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2005, 12:00 PM »
We see a few round shanties like that in our area.

I think they use old poly water tanks. They look pretty light but kind of akward when they are getting towed out on the ice.

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Mac......from what I observed, the wind effects were definetely a positive as far as drifting aound a rectangular shanty.....relatively light....but VERY impressed with the amount of room inside.......round bale feeders aren't cheap, and it would be interesting to see someone use 2x2's for the framework....Hmmmmm... .sounds like another shanty.....Grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.