Author Topic: fish trap seat  (Read 2354 times)

Offline MBurke

• IceShanty Rookie
fish trap seat
« on: Jul 16, 2005, 08:21 AM »
I am looking for a used one of these. An older style flip/folding seat for my fish trap pro.
http://www.clamcorp.com/acc_foldingseat.html

Thanks
Mike

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: fish trap seat
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2005, 05:43 PM »
I saw a guy who used nice big cushioned folding bass boat seats and they worked great.
Better for your tush on those long cold days out there on the ice, and less money too.
Good luck.
Mac

I've been thinking the same thing!  But the more I look, the more expensive the nice cooshey seats are.  What do you think the weight difference is, enough to worry about?
Follow the bubbles...

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2005, 06:48 AM »
That's a good idea Mac, I was going to get seat's just for my otter but I think I'll do some modifying to the sled and use my existing cushy boat seat's.
      Jim

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2005, 07:13 AM »
I did the same thing with my Trap Guide for this upcoming winter.  I bought some cushioned seats from Bass Pro that they had on sale this spring.  http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=58526&hvarDept=200&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=4&hvarSubCode=8&hvarTarget=browse

They were only $20.00 each.  Since I have a shelter cover that I use I bought the low back seats instead of the high back being afraid the cover would not fit.  The low back seats were the same height as the old trap seats when folded and are actually much lighter.  I may actually put some swivels on them now. 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Here is a pick of the low back seats I installed.  I also installed a cup holder in the middle to hold soda, bait and pliers.  I was always serching for my pliers when I needed them.

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Looks sweet, colored to match too! Nice job.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2005, 07:40 AM »
Good looking set-up Russ. That one seat looks like it would fit my but pretty well ;D Mac, I'm guessing by your post that you may have invested it more than one set of plier's in your fishing carrear ;). I would bet that you are the only one to ever loose plier's down an ice hole ::)
          Jim

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2005, 03:38 PM »
That looks awesome icenutter!  Same shanty as mine, Clam Guide?  Those seats look awful comfy, I'd have to hook my flasher battery up to a timer to give me a wake up jolt.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Hay Icenutter, where did you find that cup holder?  All the ones I see like that have suction cups to hold them on, not that little shelf in the back to screw it on with.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2005, 02:11 PM »
Otis, sorry I took so long, I didn't see your question.  I actually picked them up at Wal-mart.  He is a link from Bass Pro with the same holders.  They are actually made to fit on the side of the gray seats that came with the Traps from 2003. 

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=37969&hvarDept=200&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=4&hvarSubCode=8&hvarTarget=browse

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Cool thanks.  What are the PVC pieces at the corners of the shanty, rod holders?
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2005, 01:17 PM »
Yeah they're rod holders.  I just took a small piece of 2 inch PVC and cut a slot into it so the reel will slide down inside it.  I will take a closer pic tonight if I get a chance. 

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Aug 18, 2005, 07:01 AM »
Thanks!
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Aug 20, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Otis here a couple pics of those rod holders.  Sorry I took so long.  I used a stainless screw and wing nut so you can adjust the holder how you want it. 

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Aug 21, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Sweet, thanks for the help.  I'm definitely putting the rod holders and cup holder on this winter.
Follow the bubbles...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.