Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540150 times)

Offline FinBear

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #4620 on: Jan 02, 2023, 03:51 PM »
Fished Mirror today 1/2/23
4-6inch solid with a 2 inch slush layer then a 1-2 inch ice layer on top. Was there 9-noon I caught 2 cokes and 1 trout, buddy's got another 10 total split between cokes and trout.
 :icefish:

Offline nICE!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4621 on: Jan 02, 2023, 03:56 PM »
If anyone in North Idaho is looking for an ice fishing buddy this week shoot me a PM. I'll be around most of the week, doesn't matter the species or lake. I find that going out alone during the week to be a bit sketchy

Offline aza10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4622 on: Jan 02, 2023, 10:07 PM »
Anyone fish or drive by cocolalla today? Thinking I’ll give it a shot in the morning

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4623 on: Jan 02, 2023, 11:32 PM »
Yep drove by today. Again,  not a person out there.  Guessing it's not safe.

Anyone fish or drive by cocolalla today? Thinking I’ll give it a shot in the morning

Offline Ratso-jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4624 on: Jan 03, 2023, 08:46 AM »
Fished round Blake a couple hours yesterday.  Was going to stop by cocollola but didn't.. figured park lot was sheet ice.  Drove by spirit.  Between ice and snow pack 10 inches end of dock.     Drove around to bronze bay and shore line was gone. 

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4625 on: Jan 03, 2023, 11:47 AM »
Fished round Blake a couple hours yesterday.  Was going to stop by cocollola but didn't.. figured park lot was sheet ice.  Drove by spirit.  Between ice and snow pack 10 inches end of dock.     Drove around to bronze bay and shore line was gone.
Could a board be put out to access the ice? And was the other place you checked Maiden Rock?

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4626 on: Jan 03, 2023, 04:36 PM »
I was asking about Spirit Lake not Round Lake

Offline nICE!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4627 on: Jan 03, 2023, 06:17 PM »
This afternoon,  I went to Avondale to kill a few hours before dark and couldn't get out on the ice. The first 10-15' from shore around the waters edge was very thin, maybe 1-2" tops. Be careful out there

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4628 on: Jan 03, 2023, 07:02 PM »
Fished Round lake today.  3 or 4" of good ice with 5" of frozen slush on top of that.  I had the lake to myself.  Slow fishing.  4 trout in a little over 2 hours.   Driving by Cocolalla I saw one ice shelter out there.

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4629 on: Jan 03, 2023, 07:13 PM »
Is Hauser still fishing well? I'd like to get my girls out this week.

Offline Davedb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4630 on: Jan 03, 2023, 07:17 PM »
Thank You BlueDuck, for the report I was looking for.

Offline Ratso-jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4631 on: Jan 03, 2023, 07:41 PM »
Jim.  Maiden rock was froze as far as I can see down it.  Lots of foot prints.   Bronze bay at end don't know if you could put a board out there.  No foot prints on that end

Offline shawdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4632 on: Jan 03, 2023, 07:49 PM »

Ice was fine but we had a tough day today.  Fished daylight til 1130 and caught 18, cleaned 10 and most of those were marginal.  Myself and 2 kids. Didn't mark lots of fish and more than half looked and moved off.

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4633 on: Jan 03, 2023, 08:05 PM »
Wow! Were you straight out from the boat launch?  I was there last week and once I figured them out, it was a fish every time I dropped it down.  Yes, not a lot of size to them but would have been fun for the kids.  They were 18" off the bottom in approx. 28 FOW. They were picky though.  I had a fire tiger colored Hali Sukkula type thing on one rod and a white Lindy Perch Talker on the other.  They wouldn't touch the Lindy for some reason.  I ended up bringing 13 home in an hour.  Caught the first one with a mealworm and switched to perch eye once I caught one.

Ice was fine but we had a tough day today.  Fished daylight til 1130 and caught 18, cleaned 10 and most of those were marginal.  Myself and 2 kids. Didn't mark lots of fish and more than half looked and moved off.

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4634 on: Jan 04, 2023, 02:09 AM »
Yes it is good, morning is good. About 250-300 yards straight out from the ramp or 1-2 o'clock same distance 

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4635 on: Jan 04, 2023, 02:13 AM »
Jim.  Maiden rock was froze as far as I can see down it.  Lots of foot prints.   Bronze bay at end don't know if you could put a board out there.  No foot prints on that end
Thanks for the info Ratso

Offline NIdahoFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4636 on: Jan 04, 2023, 11:52 AM »
Does anyone have an ice report for gamlin lake? I saw a post not too long ago but was wondering if anyone had been out there more recently. It is a couple hour drive for me otherwise I would check myself. Thanks!

Offline FinBear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4637 on: Jan 04, 2023, 01:00 PM »
Anyone had success on Spirit lake? I'm still trying to figure out which lake closest to me is good for a fast trip. I live in Rathdrum and sometimes only have an hour or two so the drive to some lakes like Cocolalla and Mirror makes it not possible to fish. Thanks for any advice.

PS I don't want your honey hole just which lakes are worth trying and which might be a waste of time. Its only my second season on the ice.

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4638 on: Jan 04, 2023, 01:18 PM »
Anyone had success on Spirit lake? I'm still trying to figure out which lake closest to me is good for a fast trip. I live in Rathdrum and sometimes only have an hour or two so the drive to some lakes like Cocolalla and Mirror makes it not possible to fish. Thanks for any advice.

PS I don't want your honey hole just which lakes are worth trying and which might be a waste of time. Its only my second season on the ice.

Avondale might be good for you. Especially if you work in CDA and are coming through Hayden. It normally has decent ice before the larger lakes tighten up.

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4639 on: Jan 04, 2023, 03:21 PM »
8-9" on Gamlin, Mirror and Kelso.  Hit all 3 yesterday

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4640 on: Jan 04, 2023, 03:25 PM »
8-9" on Gamlin, Mirror and Kelso.  Hit all 3 yesterday

Awesome! Thanks for that. How's the slush situation looking?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4641 on: Jan 04, 2023, 06:31 PM »
Definitely be careful on Avondale if you haven't already seen nICE said 10-15' out its rotten ice
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4642 on: Jan 04, 2023, 11:31 PM »

Hauser is close Twin Lakes is a little closer.

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4643 on: Jan 05, 2023, 02:03 PM »
0" slush on Gamlin, Mirror, Kelso as of tuesday-everything was completely frozen

Offline JumboC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4644 on: Jan 05, 2023, 10:39 PM »
Fished Hauser for a couple hours today. The ice was good but very slick. 2" of black with 2"/3" of white on top of it. I would use ice cleats if going out there. The perch were a little deeper at ~30' and favored the smaller baits.
Rip some lips!
- Connor

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4645 on: Jan 06, 2023, 06:01 PM »
0" slush on Gamlin, Mirror, Kelso as of tuesday-everything was completely frozen

Thanks!

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4646 on: Jan 06, 2023, 07:48 PM »
Any news on upper twin lake want to target some night time fish
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline BrockW

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4647 on: Jan 08, 2023, 07:11 PM »
Anyone fished Hayden Lake lately?

Offline aza10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4648 on: Jan 09, 2023, 07:57 PM »
Fished cocolalla this morning. Had anywhere from 5-7 inches of ice. Perch bite was steady in the am.

Offline Ratso-jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4649 on: Jan 12, 2023, 09:22 PM »
Memories

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.