New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Great Sacandaga Lake (BS)  (Read 220856 times)

Offline thor94

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Great Sacandaga Lake (BS)
« Reply #1050 on: Feb 17, 2020, 09:17 PM »
So I herd from a gentleman an a reliable guy so.eone caut a 10lb and 13lb eye in this amazing place . And he put them back for our future generations to enjoy . I am proud and grateful to be on these waters with anglers like that. If anyone has a pic to show what giving back looks like please please please please. Let everyone see what the "Dead sea" looks like .. or just send me a pm

43” Sacandaga Northern released to fight again.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1051 on: Feb 18, 2020, 05:23 AM »
Congrats, nice fish. Thanks for releasing it....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1052 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:18 AM »
43” Sacandaga Northern released to fight again.

Nice job on the release. It’s nice to see people actually care about the future of the lake!
Sometimes ya gotta push the sheep through the fence

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1053 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:22 AM »
44” caught and released by a 7 year old.

Offline jmirabs31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1054 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:43 AM »
A lot of nice pikes this weekend. My dad got a 40 incher and released it.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1055 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Congrats, some very nice pike....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1056 on: Feb 18, 2020, 01:18 PM »
44” caught and released by a 7 year old.

Isn’t that a old pic? I swear that was going around last year.

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1057 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:31 PM »
H2L between me and you alot of years i didnt lie and i know u didnt either.Not  a easy pond to fish!

fordman

« Reply #1058 on: Feb 18, 2020, 05:07 PM »
Isn’t that a old pic? I swear that was going around last year.
I've seen 44s a foot bigger than a 34 inch kid

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1059 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:20 PM »
So I herd from a gentleman an a reliable guy so.eone caut a 10lb and 13lb eye in this amazing place . And he put them back for our future generations to enjoy . I am proud and grateful to be on these waters with anglers like that. If anyone has a pic to show what giving back looks like please please please please. Let everyone see what the "Dead sea" looks like .. or just send me a pm

Yes it was last year. Didn’t see where it said post this years pics of giving back.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1060 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:51 PM »
I've seen 44s a foot bigger than a 34 inch kid

Yeah, and I have caught 44’s... but that wasn’t my question. I thought the same exact pic was going around last year?

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1061 on: Feb 19, 2020, 09:10 AM »
Once you guys catch one, you’ll start acting like it.  :afro: Hopefully you just have enough character to put it back.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1062 on: Feb 19, 2020, 09:14 AM »
Once you guys catch one, you’ll start acting like it.  :afro: Hopefully you just have enough character to put it back.
Ouch

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1063 on: Feb 19, 2020, 09:40 AM »
These days most of the better pike fisherman/women put all their pike back. I believe that is why we are seeing so many nice fish today.
 It wasn't that way back in the 70's and 80's. Now if we could get more of those 15 1/4" walleyes released, who knows...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1064 on: Feb 19, 2020, 01:44 PM »

I have caught 11 over 40” in the last 4 years. Every single one went back. Also caught a 9.2 and 10.6 largemouths years ago. Both released. I got a replica of the 10.6...

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1065 on: Feb 19, 2020, 01:48 PM »
I have caught 11 over 40” in the last 4 years. Every single one went back. Also caught a 9.2 and 10.6 largemouths years ago. Both released. I got a replica of the 10.6...

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1066 on: Feb 19, 2020, 02:57 PM »

Sounds like a good 4 years in all honesty. Post the ones from the sac, through the ice. I enjoy seeing nice pike and so does the guy who asked people to share them.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #1067 on: Feb 19, 2020, 03:18 PM »

Oh man a 9.2 & 10+ up here are absolute bruisers. I'd be euphoric for weeks  ;D Were you at the local watering hole or up north?

Offline campnvlle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1068 on: Feb 19, 2020, 04:33 PM »

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1069 on: Feb 19, 2020, 04:37 PM »
Nice one!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1070 on: Feb 19, 2020, 06:18 PM »
Sounds like a good 4 years in all honesty. Post the ones from the sac, through the ice. I enjoy seeing nice pike and so does the guy who asked people to share them.

Only one of those was through the ice, and none of them were sacandaga. I literally fished sacandaga for my first time ever today through the ice, targeting pike

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1071 on: Feb 19, 2020, 06:22 PM »
Oh man a 9.2 & 10+ up here are absolute bruisers. I'd be euphoric for weeks  ;D Were you at the local watering hole or up north?

My home town lake in Saratoga county. They are in my FB if you search back far enough. I believe in the albums I made when I made a yearly bass fishing album. They were both caught the same year, in the same spot. 2011 I believe... my 10.6 was actually caught on my sons birthday and it was the only fish I caught that day, after fishing for 14 hours and it was dark out and it was my last cast of the day... I caught it and flew over to 2 guys in a canoe for a pic because I wanted to let the fish go. They nearly craped their pants... this was before good phones unfortunately so they took the pic with their flip phones, from their conoe while I’m holding it up in my boat, at dark... so you can imagine how bad the pic was. They emailed it to me. I did measure the fish and it was 25 1/4” long and 19” in girth. What’s sad is I had a bigger one to the boat the week prior.

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1072 on: Feb 19, 2020, 06:41 PM »
Only one of those was through the ice, and none of them were sacandaga. I literally fished sacandaga for my first time ever today through the ice, targeting pike

And how did you do?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1073 on: Feb 19, 2020, 07:24 PM »
And how did you do?

Tried a spot I thought looked good on my navionics. Unloaded at vandenburgh point and drive a half mile down the lake. I staged my tip ups from 4’ out to 20’ with 2 walleye setups, 2 big dead bait pike setups and 2 big live sucker pike setups. Not a single flag. Rather disappointing. Wind was nasty today, but my 6 year old son was a trooper. Fished 7:30am until 4.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #1074 on: Feb 20, 2020, 06:50 AM »
These days most of the better pike fisherman/women put all their pike back. I believe that is why we are seeing so many nice fish today.
 It wasn't that way back in the 70's and 80's. Now if we could get more of those 15 1/4" walleyes released, who knows...h2l
Not at GSL but just had to release one of those yesterday I hate the 18” reg for Ontario.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1075 on: Feb 20, 2020, 07:03 AM »
Not at GSL but just had to release one of those yesterday I hate the 18” reg for Ontario.

I would love to see the 18" rule (3 a day) for this lake but it would be tough "keeping" for a couple years but in the long run it would make a difference....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #1076 on: Feb 20, 2020, 07:19 AM »
I would love to see the 18" rule (3 a day) for this lake but it would be tough "keeping" for a couple years but in the long run it would make a difference....h2l
Yea I don’t like the 18” rule but it is proving to be working, caught more 10-15” eyes the last 2 yrs on sodus then all my years prior combined out there. Stocking programs at work.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1077 on: Feb 20, 2020, 10:31 AM »
The lake could afford to go c and r only for a few years.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1078 on: Feb 20, 2020, 10:45 AM »
The 18"   3/day  rule has worked everywhere it has been implemented  It has worked wonders on Onieda  I don't fish it a lot, but enough to realize the difference from a few years back  If you want to see what quality walleye look like take a ride to the hatchery at Constansia in april  it will make you a believer
   personally, I would like to see it go statewide

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1079 on: Feb 20, 2020, 11:28 AM »
Oneida is 3 15" a day....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.