The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Husquarvarna Auger  (Read 6126 times)

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • When the going is tough. The tough go ice fishing!
Husquarvarna Auger
« on: Jan 07, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Last year at the Dunmore Derby I watched a couple of guys having a contest to see whos auger could drill the fastest and I was impressed with a Husquarvarna auger that won. 

I looked on the web and could not find any augers made by Husquarvarna.  I know it exists somewhere as I saw it with my own eyes.

Now I have a buddy who wants to buy one of those Husquarvarna augers, but cant find out where to buy one.

Anyone have any info. (model number, web site, local dealer, phone number) as to where I can find one?

Thanks in advance.

Woody

The closest flag up may be the one that is behind you !

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Husquarvarna Auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2005, 12:34 PM »
http://international.husqvarna.com/

Just look under product range click on ice augers and the rest is history.

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Pricey but bad a$$!
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2005, 12:53 PM »
http://international.husqvarna.com/

Just look under product range click on ice augers and the rest is history.

Thanks for the guidance.  I went to the US site and there are no augers listed on it.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:03 PM »
The don't sell them in the US. I looked into them before I got my Nils Master. I would hazard to guess my Nils would keep up with it. ;)

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:22 PM »
I looked at a Nils last night, they seem like nice power augers.  They seem very well built, and they come with an additional handle for the auger bit.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Actually, Husky is more expensive here in Canada than a Nils.  Husky has an excellent engine, but they use the Strikemaster Lazer auger flighting and cutter head.  Two friends of mine have Huskies(both Husky dealers).  They can't hold a candle to my 18 yr. old Tanaka when it comes to digging a hole!!!   The Tanaka is the predecessor to what is now Nils Master.  Go with the Nils.

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:40 PM »
The don't sell them in the US. I looked into them before I got my Nils Master. I would hazard to guess my Nils would keep up with it. ;)
Bob, I saw one at Milton Rental.Not sure if its still there but they had one.It was the first one i have ever seen.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2005, 02:58 AM »
Really? Did you see a price or was it a rental unit?

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2005, 09:19 AM »
Here is the skinny on Husqravana augers.

Milton Rental does NOT have them.  I emailed the US distributor to find out they are not sold in the US at this time.  I just emailed a Canadian dealer to find out the story on the other side of the border.  Will let you know when I find out more.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2005, 10:00 AM »
The sell them at Canadian Tire just over the border...799 CAD which is ~$650 USD. You can get a Nils Master for $175 less and have a better auger (IMO).

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Yeah that does seem quite pricey.  I just spoke to the Nils manufacturer and they gave me two local dealers.  Will have to check those out.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2005, 10:20 AM »
Woody,
If you want, you can give mine a try sometime. I live in Swanton, but I could meet you somewhere so you can try before you buy. I think Jim has them in stock at Dattilios. I'm not sure who else has them.

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Bob,

Yeah that is what the distributor said that Jim has them in stock.  Thanks for the offer to try it out.  If it gets to that point I may have to take you up on it.

Woody

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Ok Woddy, Just let me know.

trapperdirk

« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2005, 06:07 PM »
The sell them at Canadian Tire just over the border...799 CAD which is ~$650 USD. You can get a Nils Master for $175 less and have a better auger (IMO).

First I've heard that Canadian Tire sells Huskys as any I have been in just carry Jiffys but a brand I do see on occassion in rental places are Stihl .Bob D the Nils , Bushbunny the Tanaka . LOL . It's alright you two lads I will drill your holes for you in 30 years with my Jiffy . ;D Them NILS are ugly too . ;D

TD

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2005, 06:34 PM »
I love my Nils and as for ugly ... it matches the owner  ;D .
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2005, 08:13 PM »

I will drill your holes for you in 30 years with my Jiffy .
                      TD   

You are right...It would probably take you 30 years to drill my holes with your Jiffy. I want to get some fishing done, so I'll just do it myself.  ;D

The Husky's are marketed under the Normark name in Canada. http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443250136&FOLDER%3C%3EbrowsePath=2534374303517496&FOLDER%3C%3EbrowsePath=1408474396669479&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396669479&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1105409294892

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Trapper, I don't have 30 years left!!!!  Get your behind out here to God's country, and I will let you start now.  I'll take over with my Tanaka on the 5th hole. ;D ;D

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2005, 11:08 PM »
Really? Did you see a price or was it a rental unit?
It was for sale! I believe they were asking 400-480$ bucks for it.

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2005, 11:10 PM »
Here is the skinny on Husqravana augers.

Milton Rental does NOT have them.  I emailed the US distributor to find out they are not sold in the US at this time.  I just emailed a Canadian dealer to find out the story on the other side of the border.  Will let you know when I find out more.
They only had one unit when I saw it and it was covered with dust.They told me that they couldnt sell it because of the price.It is probably gone by now.I saw it over the summer.

trapperdirk

« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Dang that Husky is 300 bucks more cdn than a Jiffy  :-\. Must be able to ride it to the lake at that price BOB D . WOW .

Offline UPSTATE ICEMASTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Powers Of "FISH ATTRACTANT"
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2005, 10:30 PM »
 :oTHE NILS IS THE WAY TO GO I USED BIGREDS POWER NILS AND THAT THING IS NASSSSTTTTYYY AND SLIPBOB HAS THE HAND OPPERATED NILS AND THAT WAS UNBELIVIABLE ALSO SO IN MY OPINION NILS ARE DEFINATLEY THE WAY TO GO  :o
" JUST TRYIN TO GET HER DONE"

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2005, 01:10 AM »
you can buy husqvarna ice auger at www.landmpower.net{in Temecula, Ca} go to the site   #1 click products  #2click husqvarna  #3click lawn and garden #4just scroll down.If you don`t jot this down you may never find it.Hope this helps.

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2005, 07:08 AM »
keny,

Thanks for the info.  I will look into it.  My buddy still has his heart into a Husky. 

Wdy

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #25 on: Feb 20, 2005, 11:20 PM »
husqvarna augers on sale at canadian tire now for $650 canadian bucks considering one myself will have a look soon.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #26 on: Feb 21, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Husqvarna augers are amazing, i don't know what you guys are talking about, i love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, i tried one and loved it so i upgraded to it from my eskimo, smartest thing i have ever done.

billybono

« Reply #27 on: Feb 25, 2005, 08:44 PM »
Husqvarna augers are amazing, i don't know what you guys are talking about, i love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, i tried one and loved it so i upgraded to it from my eskimo, smartest thing i have ever done.
well if its anything like chainsaws........  those huskey chainsaws are the best  PERIOD. id pay the cash in an instant if i could get my hands on one  ;D

billybono

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #28 on: Feb 27, 2005, 04:17 AM »
Everybody has their favorites but must admit the truth when they try something better. I have always had the Jiffy 3hp models and they have been reliable, heavy and sometimes messy. Since my surgery I can't operate the Jiffy because of the weight. I have used a couple of guys conversion units using the lazer bottom and the TANAKA power head. 1 was a Ted 210 rhe other a Ted 262. Let me tell you I will never own another Jiffy. I don't know how long theseTanakas will last but they sure are LIGHT  and cut great. I will have one soon. Like I said I've been a Jiffy man for over 30 yrs but when something works better well ,enough said ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #29 on: Feb 27, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Everybody has their favorites but must admit the truth when they try something better.

i agree, all of my family members that ice fish were Jiffy people...then they tried the nils.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.