New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: snagger sighting?  (Read 16890 times)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Re: snagger sighting?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 14, 2009, 08:14 PM »
GREAT DAY ON ONEIDA LAKE WALLEYES TODAY.( there starting to school up) Late february holes are GETTING CLOSE. Also another great day on the salmon river for guests, a little more crowded. Got 7- about 18" 1- 23" slob walleye and 14 perch. all the eyes were real skinny except the big one, good sign.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Hey bill 308,wirestone walleye schools were terorrized by wheelers and sleds today, managed my limit but will get better after they get a weekday break. they were there, just spooky as hell. RIVER fish need a weekday break too! Forgot monday is a holiday!

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:50 PM »
hey snagger, was at the pond sat and sun did pretty good lots of noise WOW!!!! was at chaumont today did ok for the couple hours i was there some big fatties marcy went crazy almost fell off the seat from some of the cracks talk to you later i'll be on the ice all week    see ya later
that will make a nice sangwich!!!!!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2009, 03:21 AM »
hey snagger, was at the pond sat and sun did pretty good lots of noise WOW!!!! was at chaumont today did ok for the couple hours i was there some big fatties marcy went crazy almost fell off the seat from some of the cracks talk to you later i'll be on the ice all week    see ya later
HEY MARK going out to one of my MARCH HOLES,I could'nt sleep until I check them. Half to make sure I'm not missing out on something ,after I read that post some guy got NINE walleyes in ONE hour in ONE hole. Sounds like last spring when we had that GREAT WEEK. River was a little slower today from what I heard from RANDOLPH & JERRY. They said the natural was out fishing the pink worm wacky stye under a float.One bead dude was killing them. did you get any eyes at the pond or chaumont this past weekend.             

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:34 PM »
Good mixbag bananza in 26 feet at sylvan, my other 2 spots sucked.got 34 fish in 3 hours. heard a rumer that someone I know got into some keeper eyes at the pond today? Give me the skinny!

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:41 PM »
oh it's true buddy!!!!!  got some nice perch and some BIG white perch too!!! EYE'S were 19 and 23" and of course you should have seen the one's that got away!!! was a good day even got out late hoped for some crappy stayed out into the dark only got one oh well !!!!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:51 PM »
oh it's true buddy!!!!!  got some nice perch and some BIG white perch too!!! EYE'S were 19 and 23" and of course you should have seen the one's that got away!!! was a good day even got out late hoped for some crappy stayed out into the dark only got one oh well !!!!
YEAH THAT'S SOME OF WHAT I GOT INTO, LOVE THOSE WHITE PERCH FOUGHT AS GOOD AS THE 17" walleyes I got.

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #37 on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:28 PM »
went to go on the pond today pulled in the parking lot and the wind took the door out of my hand and that was all she wrote!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 19, 2009, 12:33 PM »
Hey Northwoods!,

I thought I was one of the few who called them "sangwiches" ,    NICE!!!

Thats ITALIAN!
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Snagger, you were right. 17 lb9oz. is PA STATE RECORD. I PLAN ON BEETING THAT RECORD TOMORROW. See you next week.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline bill308

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:12 PM »
went to go on the pond today pulled in the parking lot and the wind took the door out of my hand and that was all she wrote!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey coming up next week from Tuesday to Friday like to go the pond one day see if we can get some of those crappies. let me now if you are going.
gatorman

Offline bill308

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:20 PM »
snagger coming up tuesday about 5:00 am. don't know if shawn coming with me or not he's afraid of his wife she gets mad as hell when he goes away.
gatorman

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 19, 2009, 08:43 PM »
snagger coming up tuesday about 5:00 am. don't know if shawn coming with me or not he's afraid of his wife she gets mad as hell when he goes away.
As much as he talks think she would be kicking him out the door. If your listening Shawn just kidding. Try to get him up here , had fun fishing with him last year. Looks like a good weather week next week plus oneida got a much needed break last couple of days do to wind.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 19, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Hey Northwoods the river was on fire today, could'nt do anything wrong once the lake snows kicked in around 1pm on. Barometer was rising fast and so were the steelies(some fresh chromers too). How did you make out at the pond. HEY PIMPLEJIGGER I'M GOING TO ONEIDA ALL DAY SATURDAY IN BETWEEN THE STORMS.

Offline bill308

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 20, 2009, 06:23 PM »
hey tugnutski snagger said he could fish 3 days so i want to go with you that day he can't go let me know.
gatorman

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 20, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Northwoods said he will take you to the pond for Crappies what ever day I got to make rooms this week He' s got to work around his drift trips also. We'll figure it out when you get here. Catch ya later!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 21, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Hey bill308 see how much chains cost for jimmy's quad, 2-3 feet of snow onedia and 11/2 on pond. From what I read just need them on back tires. then write me back. I might be able to get jay up with his sled. Hard to get mark to go to oneida.

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #47 on: Feb 22, 2009, 11:31 AM »
hey guys thanks for making plans for me have to get a lot of ice fishhing in this week going to get busy on the river next week BILL i will see you when you get here crappies should be starting to heat up

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #48 on: Feb 22, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Hey Northwoods!,

I thought I was one of the few who called them "sangwiches" ,    NICE!!!

Thats ITALIAN!
100% you would never know it looking at me !!!!!  go get some sangwiches HA HA TALK TO YA SOON!!

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #49 on: Feb 22, 2009, 11:40 AM »
hey tugnutski snagger said he could fish 3 days so i want to go with you that day he can't go let me know.
I'll see you when you get here . I don't know if you want to fish with SNAGGER i should be able to go all week if you want to go with a real FISHERMAN !!!!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 22, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Hey mark the LODGE STEELHEAD DERBY is ten minutes from being over and can you believe a 10.5 is leading it! Had 8 fish weighed in between 9.9-10.4lbs WOW! where are all the big fish did you drift boaters kill them all already! Just kidding,the big early fall runners have probably already spawned and are down river somewhere.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 22, 2009, 01:01 PM »
HEY MARKIE, RANDOLPH just came running in the lodge with a STEELIE, but it only weighed in at 10.2 pounds. Looks like RON from the NEFF group from PA. has won it with a 10.5 pounder! RANDOLPH got his on a black maribu jig under a float,Ron got his on a pink fly with a tag that imitates a pink worm.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 22, 2009, 07:09 PM »
HEY BILL BRING THAT FOUR WHEELER UP NO MATTER WHAT or we are going to WORK LIKE HELL until we get a path beaten in. I talked to JIMMY he said ok.  As of 1am another 5 inches up her.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 24, 2009, 03:39 AM »
Hey WIRESTONE & BIG JIMMY we could have some great ice up here by the weekend if we get a little rain and warmer temps on thursday & early friday followed by colder temps on late friday,saturday, sunday. But if we get more snow after the warm snap or the cold air moves in too slowly, it will be the biggest mess you have EVER SEEN. Make sure you bring your WADERS and covers for jet sleds.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 25, 2009, 03:56 AM »
Was out on ice yesterday not as much snow as thought a few warm days and you'll gain a couple inches of white ice. Monster high pressure screwed fishing up though, I hope it gets below 30.25 soon.Barometer was so high even affected the river fishing on tuesday, after a great monday. PA boys rains coming friday now not thursday.

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 25, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Wheel bearing is shot, so I can not make it this weekend. Chris and I are going to a local lake tomorrow for trout ,they just stocked.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Feb 26, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Wheel bearing is shot, so I can not make it this weekend. Chris and I are going to a local lake tomorrow for trout ,they just stocked.
[ TODAY'S PROBABLY THE BOMB OUT THERE, I would have killed myself walking in all that wet snow & slush today. I need to by a machine( but if I do that I'll jinks the lake for next year). Looks like big meltdown friday, then big winds & a refreeze saturday. I guess I'll be out there sunday. Good 24 inches of ice where I was yesterday. I might sneek out friday if no torrential rains. You have been having some bad luck this year kevin, your overdue for the motherload of good luck! HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Feb 28, 2009, 12:17 PM »
GOT THE FLU AND I'M BORED AS HELL!   Got guys at ONEIDA and THE POND, let you know how the SUNNY, BIG BAROMETER effected the ICE FISHING today. UPDATE one guy at the pond did well on pike got 11 and 5- 12 inch perch on tip-ups. 7am til 4pm. Guys at oneida dead sea off taft, fished 10am-4pm.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 28, 2009, 08:09 PM »
GOT THE FLU AND I'M BORED AS HELL!   Got guys at ONEIDA and THE POND, let you know how the SUNNY, BIG BAROMETER effected the ICE FISHING today. UPDATE my one guy at the pond did well on pike, got 11 and 5- 12 inch perch on tip-ups. 7am til 4pm. Guys at oneida dead sea off taft, fished 10am-4pm.
Seems like Sandy pond being shallower was'nt effected as much as Oneida was according to the reports I have read. I'm sure there's a few well skilled fishermen out there that did OK today. It seems like bright sunshine and barometers today in the 30.40's was no good. Also the SALMON RIVER was off today for MOST PEOPLE on steelhead compared to LAST WEEK OR SO! Sorry still got the flu got to get back to fishing man.

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Mar 01, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Great day today ! 6 trout in less than an hour. I only got 3 rods set ,because they kept going off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.