New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: snagger sighting?  (Read 16890 times)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Re: snagger sighting?
« Reply #60 on: Mar 02, 2009, 12:35 AM »
Great day today ! 6 trout in less than an hour. I only got 3 rods set ,because they kept going off.
(Image removed from quote.)
WOW! GREAT DAY KEVIN! GREAT PIC'S! Those are some big pickeral on top. Coming up anytime soon, RIVER'S been slow last 4 days in altmar for most people, but just heard there's alot of CHROMER'S coming in the lower end with that warm snap. Big bunch of us headed out on Oneida on the 13th-15th weekend, just like last year. Got alot of eyes last year, remember!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:09 PM »
I will be in maine that weekend. Hope top last years numbers.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 02, 2009, 10:06 PM »
I will be in maine that weekend. Hope top last years numbers.
What's your work situation, come up on week days! Hey stop by my place on your way to maine, fish one day and take my extra vex with you!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:29 PM »
WORK HAS SLOWED WAY DOWN.  MY JIMMY IS BEATING THE HELL OUT ME. NOW MY EXAUST IS SHOT . MY WIFE IS GOING WITH BE IN HER CAR . HOPE MY YUKON WILL NOT CRUSH HER ROOF.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Mar 04, 2009, 10:10 PM »
Hey kevin take a picture of that and post it withyour pic's when you get back, that will be funny! Hey BILL308 where are you, there's anywhere from 20-25 inches of ice out there, but warm weather in the forecast, hurry up and get back up here a few more times before it's gone. The good days are coming, all that mid winter hit and miss stuff should end soon. Even for us walkers!

Offline jersey dave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Mar 10, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Snagger what's up jersey dave is here

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Mar 10, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Snagger what's up jersey dave is here
Was on Oneida today, lambasted the tanker perch,got 50 (11-14 inchers) what a blast, I don't get to go to all the great spots because I don't own a machine. This time of year is the only time a walker can crush them, like the other guys with quads! I walked 4.3 miles today, 12 minute miles ice is great!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Mar 11, 2009, 04:21 AM »
Sounds great !I will send you pics from Maine.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Mar 11, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Sounds great !I will send you pics from Maine.
Can't wait to see the pic's kevin ,be careful up there too! Been alot of snow up there, could hide a few bad spots. if it snowed on Oneida, you would'nt be able to see to walk around the isolated bad spots. That would be scary stuff!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Mar 11, 2009, 04:04 PM »
They have a good 2' of ice. I went for a swim last week, the board hit me in the balls. I still fished all day. lucky it was 55 degrees.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:34 PM »
They have a good 2' of ice. I went for a swim last week, the board hit me in the balls. I still fished all day. lucky it was 55 degrees.
Hey kevin I put a steelhead bs thread on myfishfinder, by the time your back won't be no safe ice left. Hope you do as good on the ice up there this year as you did last year! Hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Mar 15, 2009, 03:33 PM »
Sorry I could not get a picture of the car. We had a clogged gas filter. Real shaky trip. State wide tourney wipe most places out of smelts ,which killed our success.No flags on on shiners. Some guys next to us had some smelts and gave me a few dead ones . So we got to jig a few nice whites. Had a nice time with my dad. Just proves ,you can not catch fish in Minnnihonk with out smelts. Might be up in a few weeks.

A good 2' of ice left.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:45 PM »
What are those white perch and a couple yellows, been smashing the jumbo's in the last week at Oneida. Targeted walleyes today for the first time in a while and put 5 on the ice in 45 minutes right at dark. It was a blast man( today is the last day of walleye), wish you were with me, fished by myself. Keep in touch the creeks are going to be early this year!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Mar 17, 2009, 05:27 PM »
Snagger,

How did u do today? Filet and release told me u were out there today. Tried 2 pm u but it said your message box is full. Try again tomorrow.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Mar 17, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Snagger,

How did u do today? Filet and release told me u were out there today. Tried 2 pm u but it said your message box is full. Try again tomorrow.
Hey I pm'ed you back, put in a monster 5 day shift in on the ice at Oneida, just about dead from walking,taking care of my Lodge in between, and hand drilling holes!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Mar 18, 2009, 05:03 AM »
What are those white perch and a couple yellows, been smashing the jumbo's in the last week at Oneida. Targeted walleyes today for the first time in a while and put 5 on the ice in 45 minutes right at dark. It was a blast man( today is the last day of walleye), wish you were with me, fished by myself. Keep in touch the creeks are going to be early this year!

Might be up next week.

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Mar 18, 2009, 06:50 AM »
take all the white perch (seagull food) you can

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Mar 18, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Hey wirestone , bill308 go to myfishfinder-new york-steelhead Bs thread, my ice fishing season is over. Was still 13 inches of black ice at north bay yesterday, but I'm all done. Now it's time for crappie and steelies. then May walleye!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Apr 21, 2009, 10:08 PM »
  If there's anyone out there that wants to talk summertime Ice Fishing ou there, I'll look on here once in a while! Really enjoyed talking to you guys last winter!   

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Apr 22, 2009, 09:53 AM »
  If there's anyone out there that wants to talk summertime Ice Fishing ou there, I'll look on here once in a while! Really enjoyed talking to you guys last winter!   
Snagger I  still go on shanty about every day, just don't post to much. Would of liked to met up with you on Oneida. I had a pretty good year with the eyes considering how little I made it up there this year. I only got to fish there about 20 days this year. I guess it's not that badconsidering it's a 3.5 hr drive. I fished Canadorago Lake alot this winter and did really well with the perch.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Apr 22, 2009, 11:34 AM »
Snagger I  still go on shanty about every day, just don't post to much. Would of liked to met up with you on Oneida. I had a pretty good year with the eyes considering how little I made it up there this year. I only got to fish there about 20 days this year. I guess it's not that badconsidering it's a 3.5 hr drive. I fished Canadorago Lake alot this winter and did really well with the perch.
I made it out there 28 times, but it froze up late considering how cold it was, then got cheated at the end with the rain! That's how it goes! How did you do that one time when you went with that walleye guy( I forgot his name, he has a drift boat) from up my way?

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Apr 22, 2009, 06:15 PM »
I made it out there 28 times, but it froze up late considering how cold it was, then got cheated at the end with the rain! That's how it goes! How did you do that one time when you went with that walleye guy( I forgot his name, he has a drift boat) from up my way?
Snagger  that was the best weekend I had up there all ice season. We fished off Warner Rd in Jewell right on the drop off. That's the only problem catching eyes, catch and release after an hour of fishing.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Apr 23, 2009, 12:39 AM »
Snagger  that was the best weekend I had up there all ice season. We fished off Warner Rd in Jewell right on the drop off. That's the only problem catching eyes, catch and release after an hour of fishing.
I only had that problem 5 times this year, but that's OK, that what drives me to do better next time out!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Oct 28, 2009, 02:49 AM »
 Almost that time again! Yee hoo, can't wait. Man I love Ice fishin!!!

Offline kirkville1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Oct 28, 2009, 07:44 PM »
Lets see how many parking tickets we can accumulate this year :)
Chris Jones
Team Panfish Persuaders
Navionics Ice Team

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #85 on: Oct 29, 2009, 09:50 PM »
my goal for this season... "to catch 3 eyes in one day...." its funny I can do it from a boat, and I can do it with waders...but never been able to catch 3 through the ice....

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Oct 31, 2009, 01:44 AM »
my goal for this season... "to catch 3 eyes in one day...." its funny I can do it from a boat, and I can do it with waders...but never been able to catch 3 through the ice....
I've done it on first and especially last ice, it's the middle part of winter that I'm trying to figure out. Last year I think I was close to figuring out a pattern or maybe just got lucky, I don't know yet!  How have you been Meathunter, haven't heard much from ya since you went out on the Big Lake in August?

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #87 on: Nov 01, 2009, 08:24 PM »
went out in the waders toinight, and it figures....the curse of the full moon wins again....but taking a few days vacation next week (Mon, Tues, Wed) so a long weekend to figure out the walleyes and whitetails.....

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Nov 02, 2009, 06:25 PM »
went out in the waders toinight, and it figures....the curse of the full moon wins again....but taking a few days vacation next week (Mon, Tues, Wed) so a long weekend to figure out the walleyes and whitetails.....
  Last night was my first full moon that I've done well in a long time, maybe if theres enough bait around it don't matter in the Fall, cause I do crap in the spring with a full moon! there wasn't tons of bait, but alot of busting eyes on the surface well after dark where I was at!  Starting Tomorrow 4 days of west wind and lake effect, walleye BONANZA!!!!!!

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #89 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:31 PM »

not taking this week off...next week with Veterans Day as being my all time favorite day for Bow Hunting (9th,10,11th) then taking the full week of Thanksgiving off...gotta Love November.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.