Author Topic: Flame King 1# refillable  (Read 825 times)

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Flame King 1# refillable
« on: Feb 24, 2021, 07:45 AM »
I am wondering if you need a specific hose to connect a 20# tank to a Mr Heater Buddy or Big Buddy.  Would the same hose or filter be needed to use on the Flame King 1# tanks that are filled from the 20# tank?  I bought a couple of the refillable tanks last winter and just started using them and don’t want to gum up the lines. 

Thanks

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Flame King 1# refillable
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:31 AM »
you do not need a filter when you refill the 1# bottles. But you should use the filter when using most of the black hoses. This is the one mr. heater recomends that you should use without a filter is F273706. The other hoses leech out oil at high pressure that make their into the heaters regulator, tubing and pilot orifice.
Bob P.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:41 AM »
Dont let anyone confuse you, that's the ONLY hose that does not need a filter! You're going to get answers that dispute this but this is the one. I'm not sure if different lengths have different number but be sure!

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:47 AM »
Dont let anyone confuse you, that's the ONLY hose that does not need a filter! You're going to get answers that dispute this but this is the one. I'm not sure if different lengths have different number but be sure!

You sure? I have the F273704 and says the filter is not needed. Someone else posted on another thread at least 1 more model that doesn't require a filter.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2021, 10:02 AM »
This is from the other thread on here.

10ft Buddy Series Propane Hose Assembly connects appliances that are designed to be connected to a 1lb bottle to 5 to 20lb tanks.
Swivel 1 - 20 Male Throwaway Cylinder Thread x Soft Nose Excess Flow P.O.L. with Hand wheel
Connects appliances that are designed to be connected to 1 lb. bottles to 5 to 20 lb. tanks
Connects to low pressure and high pressure tanks
Specially designed material eliminates need for fuel filter
Hand tighten swivels on both ends

I don't see this line on Mr Heater site for your hose, do you? I do see the thing on the bottom of Bucket Ramps post that shows 3 hoses that don't need a filter, is this one of them? It's too blurry to read. BUT, you don't need a regulator for a Big Buddy, it's built in. Just be sure is the bottom line. The hose with the regulator is made for grills, other heaters,  etc. Anywhere where propane quality and cleanliness is not regulated. Like Minnesota-no standards in Mn.

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2021, 11:04 AM »
The F27374 is 10ft and the F273706 is 6ft and neither of need a filter as per mr. heater web site.
Bob P.

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2021, 05:00 PM »
So the way I understand it is the hose that causes the issue and not the propane that is coming from the tanks.  Is that correct?

Thanks

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2021, 08:27 PM »
Correct
Bob P.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.