Author Topic: Damaged shacks on the red?  (Read 4081 times)

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Damaged shacks on the red?
« on: Feb 13, 2005, 09:48 AM »
Is it true that a lot of shacks have been damaged on the red this winter???
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Trecker

Re: Damaged shacks on the red?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2005, 10:18 AM »
I would say ya from what I saw and heard.

They seem to hit where they can have easy access to

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2005, 03:33 PM »
seen a couple this winter with doors ripped off etc.  A couple abandoned looking shacks out there though.
Team Manitoba

wpgsteve

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2005, 10:03 AM »
I heard the same thing so I took a drive down to sugar to check it out (my bud has a shack there) I seen one shack that looked like somneone took an axe to it but otherwise everything look ok down there. I didnt really check anywhere else but there....

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2005, 10:21 AM »
ours is by the Steam Plant and the door panel was kidded in about three weeks ago...

Offline ginnz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2005, 09:41 PM »
mine just got smahed at the red by letellier...... locals.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2005, 06:30 PM »
You gotta hate when others take it upon themselves to vandalized somebody's hard work and $$$. I've seen some REAL nice craftsmanship out there (ie Shackman's shanty)......it's a shame  to lose something like that :(
No respect  >:(
 :tipup:

Offline ginnz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2005, 07:32 PM »
well, we went to get the shack off last night. looks like they came back again to get what they didnt get the first time. im callin the chief there and telling him that whenever i see one of "their" cars on the other side of that bridge   ill smash there windows and ask em for 5 bucks to ride on our roads too...... fair is fair. weve had it with them. my partner says his shack has been busted up 5 years in a row there. theres no more being nice to the locals there anymore. well be seeing them around.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2005, 09:23 AM »
Went out with the boys last nite to take our shack offf the red at the float base. Found our shack broken into also. Ripped the door clean off. Must have happened within past 12 hours as some of our crew were out the day before and all was fine. Took our cast stove, shovel, etc... Too bad we  were not driving down just as these pigs were loading our stove up. Five angry firefighters would have fixed them good!
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2005, 11:41 AM »
Yes someone really deserves to get an ass kicking. >:( >:(
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2005, 10:12 PM »
one night next year i might have to try a stake out to catch those idiots who keep on ruining peoples shacks.  i see someone damaging a shack than i will give the police a quick call and just stay quiet till the police arrive.  Its so stupid how you cant even leave a shack on the river without it being damaged >:(
Team Manitoba

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2005, 09:48 AM »
This is an ongoing problem.I find if access is easy and weather is nice then more shacks get vandalized >:(.I don't know if street justice is the answer though ???.

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2005, 10:19 AM »
I agree with the difficulty in dealing with the problem. They truly deserve an ass kicking,  >:(  but I also agree that taking it into your own hands is not the best way it. About the only way in my opinion is to do as chrisN writes, however the police are often to busy or just can't be bothered to attend to Ice shack damage. They are always more intrested if you are right there on the phone while its happening. Also risky though, say if the vandals where to show up at your shack while you were on the phone. Ice shack still not worth an injury or worse. Just be careful. Want to read your post not your name in the papers.
Tim

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #13 on: Mar 14, 2005, 03:17 PM »
I agree with TK10fire.
Description, photos and licence numbers are the best and safest way to report these crimes.(when caught in the act)
Hopefully the police can recover the stolen merchandise or charge them.  :tipup:

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2005, 04:04 PM »
the only problem with photos is that they would probably see the flash.  probably best way would be to call the police or the COs and take down the liscence plate (if they have a vehicle) and than just try and get as good a description as possible.
Team Manitoba

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.