Author Topic: This place is dead compared to last year.  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: This place is dead compared to last year.
« Reply #90 on: Nov 09, 2015, 02:16 PM »

Well that's just plain wrong.  The Ice Fishing forum on the former Fishing Minnesota, then Hot Spot Outdoor.....now Fishing Minnesota :)   was its bread and butter and had thousands of people viewing and participating daily.    I know this because I was an admin there and seen the numbers with my own eyes.  I agree the recent format change is a contributor but across the board on all forums, participation has plummeted.   and for those that say Facebook is a fad.....just take a look at the stock price, the user numbers and worldwide reach.  It's clearly not going anywhere, clearly the leader and clearly where advertisers are dumping most of their money.  If I owned an Ice Fishing company the huge majority of my marketing budget would be pushed towards FB related ads and promotions.....whether some people hate it or not.

Nope. It was about 9 'New House Build' threads every day and not much else. All by the same people. If you go back 10 years, then yes it was busy. The bear hunting page had more activity the last few years. But it doesn't matter now, that board is on life support now.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #91 on: Nov 09, 2015, 02:18 PM »
This DEAD post has been read over 1800 times....     ::)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Nov 09, 2015, 02:50 PM »
I was wondering why I was getting so grumpy a couple hours fishing took care of that. Gave the new old flasher a run today. Houston we have lift off.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #93 on: Nov 09, 2015, 03:02 PM »
I was wondering why I was getting so grumpy a couple hours fishing took care of that. Gave the new old flasher a run today. Houston we have lift off.

Until We see slabs on the ice its all just talk. A liitle less talk and a lot more action would do everyone a little good.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Nov 09, 2015, 03:21 PM »
I usually don't keep the fish. I think I kept 15 last winter. That's more than I kept in the previous 5 yrs.

Offline flatironfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Nov 09, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Maybe the good stretch of weather has something to do with it??  People might not be thinking of hard water yet.  Me, on the other hand, was getting my hard water stuff ready in August!

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #96 on: Nov 09, 2015, 05:30 PM »
Nope. It was about 9 'New House Build' threads every day and not much else. All by the same people. If you go back 10 years, then yes it was busy. The bear hunting page had more activity the last few years. But it doesn't matter now, that board is on life support now.

Yeah they screwed the pooch on that website.

I think this fourm has stayed pretty active, and will continue to unless they make a bunch of unneeded changes. HSO changed the format and pushed way to much in your face advertisement with the new format. Not only that, but when people get use to a website and how it functions the last thing you want to do is change it. It drives people away. I would agree with what DTRO said. HSO was a pretty active fourm, now it is dead. It would be interesting to see if they went back to the old style if it would change.

servocam

« Reply #97 on: Nov 09, 2015, 05:38 PM »
Test:  Oriental Lighting

Yep, it works on this site!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #98 on: Nov 09, 2015, 05:40 PM »
Test:  Oriental Lighting

Yep, it works on this site!

LOL

e-bay

Wow it doesnt get replaced.

servocam

« Reply #99 on: Nov 09, 2015, 05:41 PM »
[poor word usage] me!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #100 on: Nov 09, 2015, 06:27 PM »
This DEAD post has been read over 1800 times....     ::)

Blame lefty..... he started it!  >:D :woot:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Nov 10, 2015, 08:34 AM »
just on this board alone there have been 113 topics created since the beginning of november.   as opposed to only 68 created during that time period last year.  the main shanty is probably a good indicator that things are alive and well if not MORE than last year.   

obviously not taking into consideration actual views and posts. I didn't put that much work into my investigation.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Nov 10, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Just wait until there is actually some ice, the species specific forums get going with how/what/why/where/when.........  questions and go crazy

Offline Pause Game

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Nov 10, 2015, 01:26 PM »
Can't fish without ice, but still spending my time researching new gear and tips and tricks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.