Author Topic: Nils Cordless Drill Adapter  (Read 6054 times)

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
Nils Cordless Drill Adapter
« on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:58 AM »
I sent a message to www.icemasteradapter.c om to see if he had a power drill adapter for a 6" Nils Auger.  It is not on the website, but he will have it on there within a week or two.  Keep an eye out for it.....

Can you imagine a Nils auger on a Porter Cable 18v drill?  No gas, no fumes, starts every time......

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Nils Cordless Drill Adapter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:47 AM »
Definitely one to watch for... Now do I for out the coin for a nice drill and adaptor or just order the Tanaka power head, hmmm.....

Craig

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:31 AM »
You can use the drill for a hundred other things, so get a really good one.  I bought a commercial grade 18V Porter Cable Hammer drill at Home Depot for $125, and it comes with 2 batteries.

.....and I ALWAYS have issues with small gas engines, no matter what I do to take care of them.

I can't wait to sell my Strikmaster 10" auger.

Offline big jim callahan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Beer making the world a better place
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:45 AM »
I love the drill for holes but it beats it up Mine is only 18 volts its ok with 6 or 8" of ice and I cant do much more than 5 holes after I secure my Shanty to the Ice 

Offline rockeddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Amen,Otto,all small gas engines are the work of the Devil !!!

Offline Polarised

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2010, 05:07 PM »
I had David make me one last year, first one on a Nils, as he put it.
It works good, a bit tight of a fit, need a hammer and screw driver to knock it back off, at first, but it's getting easier to take on & off.
I used it with an 18v lithium Ion drill, I would get around 4-6 holes in ice around 13"-15". I had my drill start to smoke on me, so I stopped using it at the time, this is with an 8" Nils auger.
I upgraded to a 36v Bosch Li Ion this year, have yet to try it, but I think it's going to do just fine, seeing as how the 18v did pretty good last year.

Offline hertzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If some is good, then more is better!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2010, 05:14 PM »
I bought one fro Bass Pro last year. Waste of money! 18volt Crapsman drill, didn't even get one hole! Bought a Strike Master and love it! If you don't like gas jobs, I would try one of those battery augers. Just my opinion. :tipup:
Brute force and ignorance with over come fear and common sense!

Offline Tailchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2010, 05:38 PM »
 I used a bosch 18 v. last year with a 6 " laser. Worked great.No gas, oil weight. If you buy a drill buy one with the highest lbs. per sq. inch. My Bosch is 520 something. they run around 149.00 , lowes or menards. My buddy sold his gas auger & went with the same set-up. The main deal is sharp blades, 5 or 6 inch max & 2 litheon Batteries. Now, we are retired & don't do swiss cheese moves on the ice anymore. We do get around 12 to 15 holes per batt. in 8 to 10 inches of ice. Plus I use my drill year around  on projects around the house. Gas augers or Icegators  sit in limbo for  7 or 8 months.

Offline Nutsicles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't sleep, ice season is too short!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2011, 04:31 PM »
I used a milwaukee 18 volt with a 6" mora last year. It went through the ice pretty damn well. I'd say at least 10-15 holes per battery. That's with the cheapest auger on the market.  I have yet to get the adapter for my new 6" nils, but I would imagine I could cut a lot more holes than a mora. The trick is to let the weight of the auger do the cutting, don't force it down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.