Author Topic: lets see your tackle boxes  (Read 17782 times)

Offline mjbmxz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Holy balls it's gonna pull us through the ice!
Re: lets see your tackle boxes
« Reply #60 on: Dec 04, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Got this one here, and my other box with my deadstick/bobbers/jigs are in the garage isn't worth showin.   ;D

Just Jiggle it, Jiggle It  :D

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #61 on: Dec 04, 2010, 07:52 PM »
I am really liking those Flambue boxes.  For those of you that have them how do they hold up?  I may have to pick up a few for next season.
I got the medium one and I love it. Holds a ton of jigs, wouldn't recommend that size for spoons though.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #62 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:39 PM »
how about the jig boxes with the clips to hold the jigs... pros and cons anyone??? im thinking i want some but i dont want to be mad about something everyone but me knows is wrong with them

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:43 PM »
how about the jig boxes with the clips to hold the jigs... pros and cons anyone??? im thinking i want some but i dont want to be mad about something everyone but me knows is wrong with them

the new flambue boxes have the clips in them so do the Clam boxes.  There are a few others out there as well that do....so far I have heard very few people complain about them.  I like the fact that they keep jigs separated and easy to grab rather than digging through a compartmented style box running the risk of a hook biting into a finger or getting all messed up.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:46 PM »
how many jigs can they hold do you know? when you close the sides do they rub together?

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:57 PM »
how many jigs can they hold do you know? when you close the sides do they rub together?

I am not sure, they guys that have them can probably tell you.  I didn't know that boxes like that were even out there till I saw them this spring and I haven't been home since so I haven't bought any yet but will definitely be picking up a few next year.

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Dec 05, 2010, 01:01 AM »
I am so glad i read this thread.  After filling up 2 boxes this winter i was afraid that i had gone a little overboard (as i always do with any aspect of fishing gear.)  Seeing a bunch of guys stuff here has made me realize that ive only just begun......

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #67 on: Dec 05, 2010, 02:07 AM »
the salmo's, slabs and swiming baits are still in the boat but this pretty much cover em all.

]

Offline DannyBoy09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 05, 2010, 08:33 AM »
Nice looking jigs Ryno.. Where do you do most of your fishing?

Dan Siegfried
 St.Francis,Ks.

Offline BigDynamite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's one!
« Reply #69 on: Dec 05, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Ryno -

Thanks a lot.  Now I cry when I look at what little I have.  Good ammunition though when my wife says I have too much.
Scrolling down and seeing all your jigs pass by was like driving past a bunch of houses in a row where they have gone all out with the Christmas lights.  "Ooooo aahhh - look at all the pretty colors".  Very impresive.

Tight Lines and Hard Water

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Dec 05, 2010, 11:17 AM »
Nice looking jigs Ryno.. Where do you do most of your fishing?

Dan Siegfried
 St.Francis,Ks.

Mostly fish the sandhills for panies.
]

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Dec 05, 2010, 01:10 PM »
wow i can understand having 3 or 4 of the same jig but you guys with 20? 30?..... :cookoo:

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #72 on: Dec 05, 2010, 01:24 PM »
 Ryno, I believe your "the Man" with the most jigs! Very Impressive!!!  ;D
TEAM  PA.

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Dec 05, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Ryno, are you a dealer? I've got all my jigs in 2 baby food jars! ;D ;D I travel light!

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Dec 05, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Ryno, I believe your "the Man" with the most jigs! Very Impressive!!!  ;D
yep you're the man....with the most jigs... im thoroughly impressed  ::)

Offline projoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 05, 2010, 01:54 PM »
everyone has a nice selection of jigs and im sure they all work with the right presentation but personally i feel there is only a need for a select few jigs. 1. would have to be the frostie glow on overcast days. i have caught everything on them, from panfish to trout. 2. would have to be very small teardrop in the same glow color or gold on bird blue skies or during a cold front. 3. would be a jigging rapala or puppet minnow which most people have, this is an awesome jig for deepwater jigging for perch and eyes. Once in a while when im feeling saucie ill throw on a swedish pimple in a darker color. i just feel it is unpractical to use 100 plus jigs in a seasonbut then again in new jersey our season is at best 2 months, only allowing me to get out about 15 to 20 times a year.

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Dec 05, 2010, 04:11 PM »
everyone has a nice selection of jigs and im sure they all work with the right presentation but personally i feel there is only a need for a select few jigs. 1. would have to be the frostie glow on overcast days. i have caught everything on them, from panfish to trout. 2. would have to be very small teardrop in the same glow color or gold on bird blue skies or during a cold front. 3. would be a jigging rapala or puppet minnow which most people have, this is an awesome jig for deepwater jigging for perch and eyes. Once in a while when im feeling saucie ill throw on a swedish pimple in a darker color. i just feel it is unpractical to use 100 plus jigs in a seasonbut then again in new jersey our season is at best 2 months, only allowing me to get out about 15 to 20 times a year.
COULDNT AGREE MORE a couple selections of few different styles of jigs and youll find something that works...when you carry a full size tackle box busting at the seams with every ice jig on the market....AND THEY ALL LOOK BRAND NEW! you need therapy...i dont know about you guys but when i have a jig thats hot it is beat up chipped scraped mangled bent faded etc...not shiny and brand new sittin there next to the 30 other brothers it has hahahahahahahgahgaha

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Dec 05, 2010, 04:47 PM »
i smell jealousy  ;D ;D ;D haha j/k but we all know we like so see whats out there.. and i have been fishing right next to my buddy in the shack and both deadsticking a tear drop, mine was lime green and his was red and he was catching more then me, switched to a red and started nailing em, and we were deadsticking so i know it wasn't presentation or depth.. proof that i was glad to have a wide variety of colors of the same jig and many diff jig styles

Offline Wakefieldfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 05, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Bart or anyone who's in the know,   Whats that rig that you have your extra leaders rolled onto. That would work great for my trips to lake champlain. Wakefieldfisher

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Dec 05, 2010, 06:06 PM »
i smell jealousy  ;D ;D ;D haha j/k but we all know we like so see whats out there.. and i have been fishing right next to my buddy in the shack and both deadsticking a tear drop, mine was lime green and his was red and he was catching more then me, switched to a red and started nailing em, and we were deadsticking so i know it wasn't presentation or depth.. proof that i was glad to have a wide variety of colors of the same jig and many diff jig styles
nobody saying a variety isnt important but having a variety AAAANNNNDDD 20? 30? of each? that is straight up buying addiction...there is no way youll convince me its key to have as many jigs as ive seen in some of these pics...but i guess with the economy down then stimulate as you must...ill catch my limit with 8 dollars worth  ;D

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Dec 05, 2010, 06:29 PM »
jeffro, i agree... 20 or 30 of one jig is pointless... but having 20 or 30 styles of jigs is just being prepared... sucks having your buddy fishing next to ya and catching slabs and you dont have the lure to match him... but i do agree, some of these guys have so many jigs they couldn't tie them all on and fish them all in one day if they tried

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Dec 05, 2010, 06:37 PM »
thats all im trying to say...variety is a good thing...im not knocking having a couple of a bunch of different jigs or pimples or whatever but i saw a few boxes here that had a whole box of nothing but pimples 20? 30? maybe more? and like 100 marmooskas all in green glow? both work and can work well tried and true to the core....but cmon how many do you need? i lose maybe 3-4 jigs all season and thats even pushin it...a good truck will get you to the lake will 20 get you there better?

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Dec 05, 2010, 06:44 PM »
thats all im trying to say...variety is a good thing...im not knocking having a couple of a bunch of different jigs or pimples or whatever but i saw a few boxes here that had a whole box of nothing but pimples 20? 30? maybe more? and like 100 marmooskas all in green glow? both work and can work well tried and true to the core....but cmon how many do you need? i lose maybe 3-4 jigs all season and thats even pushin it...a good truck will get you to the lake will 20 get you there better?

couldnt have said it better! but C'mon... 20 trucks would be sweet eehh? lol

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #83 on: Dec 05, 2010, 07:53 PM »
I like to have 8 or 10 of my favorites with me.  There is nothing better than being able to hand one over to your buddy and say "here, try this...."

I like seeing how people organize their stuff.  One guy I fished with just had everything thrown into the bottom of his sled,  Can't figure out how he found anything.  I see a lot of fly boxes being used for the smaller jigs.  That's a great idea, if you do happen to drop it on the ice, you won't have everything fall out.  No matter how hard I try, something always happens.

My first tackle bag is getting a little jammed, going to have to find the next largest size.  I am going to organize my boxes before I post photos.  Can't be shown up on the board. :)

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Dec 05, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Ill be the first to admit that i have an ice jig desease.  I dont buy more 5 of any one jig but i will buy that jig in every color and size.  When Im chasing bull bluegills they can be very finicky and the slightest change in size, color or profile makes a huge difference.  Now, alot of those jigs i bought years ago and just dont get used much any more as new jigs hit the market...however some of those oldies are still some of my go-to jigs.  I cant get enough tungsten jigs...just love how they fish heavy as i exclusively tightline one rod.  And yes...i guard my tackle bag with my life and i can assure you it will never be left behind on the ice or for that matter not under lock and key in  my truck ;D
]

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Dec 05, 2010, 08:00 PM »
see? were making progress! admitting theres a problem is the 1st step  :woot:...and that is a brilliant idea take what you need for the day and dont risk losing your retirement nest egg out on the ice with ya....and once again i agree tungsten is gooooooooood  ;D

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #86 on: Dec 07, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Looks like I have room for a few more!  Any suggestions on what I am missing?  I want to target more walleye this season, so I know I have some room for that.

Offline Badback

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Dec 07, 2010, 11:46 AM »
All that I can say after going through the 5 pages of this thread it SWEEEEEET...

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Dec 07, 2010, 12:04 PM »
All my jigs are much dirtier and beat up than anyone else's on here.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Dec 07, 2010, 12:19 PM »
All my jigs are much dirtier and beat up than anyone else's on here.
thats bcuz you use all of yours these guys are collecting them like they will be worth a 401k retirement plan....oh wait they spent the 401k plan trying to catch a perch lmao

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.