Author Topic: Strikemaster parts  (Read 4504 times)

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strikemaster parts
« on: Jan 31, 2009, 03:56 PM »
Does anyone know if there are other places to get parts except from Strikemaster. The choke lever broke off my LAZERmag Xpress TC II. I had also broke off the kill switch awhile back so decided to order both parts.

$29.95      1    Fuel Tank Kit for 2 HP   
[could not buy just a choke lever, had to buy the whole d*** tank. They said it was a composit part of the tank. All it is is 2 plastic pieces poked through a hole and glued together] :'(

$13.00      1    Toggle Switch  [ :'(]

Item Subtotal:    $42.95
Shipping Cost:    $15.91
GRAND TOTAL:      $58.86

Now the gas line connection to the carb cracked [90 deg plastic to brass] so I suppose I have to buy the whole carb. ???

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Strikemaster parts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2009, 04:18 PM »
You should be able to get parts through any small engine repair shop.

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2009, 06:11 PM »
You should be able to get parts through any small engine repair shop.

I did spend quite a little time looking for "my" carb parts and did no good. I did finally just hook the hose to the part sticking out of the carb and it is holding for now but............very short part and not on 100% so would like to get the correct part.

Offline FishwithBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2011, 07:35 PM »
How to fix a Strikemaster ice auger plastic choke lever. Takes about 1/2 hour. You need to be a little handy to do this.
First remove the gas tank and gas line. Either drain the tank or place a plug on the gas line exit on the tank so you can work on it. Remember, you are working on a gas tank with gas near by so be careful with your tools - no sparks! You can usually use the choke lever that broke. Many are a red plastic lever and they break off easy if you are not careful, or make a new one out of a piece of metal. All you would do is cut and bend a small piece of metal to make the choke lever. You will need to remove any red plastic around the D shaped peg that remains sticking out of the gas tank itself. Many of the pegs are blue in color and D shaped. I used a dremel tool with a small grinding bit to remove the remainder of the red plastic that was attached to it when the lever broke off. If there is a fiber washer remove it also. Be careful not to damage the D shaped peg that comes out of the tank. If you have the choke lever that broke off you likely can reuse it. Here's how. Remove the small burr on the side of it (if it has one) making it flat on the side that will lay against the gas tank. Drill a hole in the center of the choke lever close to where it broke off, use a very small drill bit. Smaller than the D shaped peg that remains in the gas tank. I used the same dremel tool to make the D shape in the plastic. A very small drill bit would also work. Keep in mind you are carving in the D shape. Take your time and be careful not to make it to big as you want a snug fit. After you have it fitted put in a very small screw or bolt with a very small washer on it in the center of the D shaped peg that the lever is now secured to. You want a very small screw or bolt that is snug but not one that will damage the D shaped peg. The peg was hollow in the center of the one I worked on, I just had to clean it out with a small pick and put a small screw in it with a small washer to make sure the choke lever would stay on. Now your ready to reinstall the gas tank and your good to go fishing.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:58 PM »
After breaking a SECOND toggle stop switch I went to the hardware store and bought a $2 pushbutton momentary contact switch that fit.

To kill the engine just press the button till it dies. It's ready to start with a pull of the rope................

edit: Just had my son's gas tank plastic welded rather than pay the $50+ for a new one. Hang out here and think creatively, there are options!

/m
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:56 AM »
Quote from: zimmer2
Now the gas line connection to the carb cracked [90 deg plastic to brass]
I broke mine on my 2HP Mag3 back a few years and looked all over for the part unsuccessfully. So I dug around online and found a part I was able to make fit (see pic). I sanded off one barbed end until I could press fit it into the carburetor and it has lasted me for quite some time now. I forget what it is made out of but it is impervious to fuels and alcohol so it won't melt over time.
I had to buy a bag of 10 or so if I remember correctly so if you are interested in 2 or three of them in case you don't get it right the first try, PM me with your address and I'll get them sent out (after I figure out where I put the rest of them). I'll even include a small piece of perforated sand cloth which is what I shaped the carb end with.

My original piece was some sort of a plastic elbow, barbed on one end, with a tapered fit brass insert for a press fit into the carb on the other end. I just shaped mine in all 'plastic'. I think the material is called 'Zytel'.

Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.