FEVER
« on: Jan 12, 2007, 11:15 AM »
ANYONE ELSE HAVE IT?  ;D
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: FEVER
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2007, 11:30 AM »
Have had it for about a month now! Need some nice cold temps to bring that fever down!!!
How much ice do you need?

Offline Bob_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • crappie nut
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2007, 12:01 PM »
 I have it real bad. Yesterday I couldn't help myself, The little coy pond I have in the front yard had ice on it and it has had several times this year but, yesterday was the second day that the ice was on and it looked solid. (you guys already see where this is going, right?) I could not control myself and I went over and kicked the ice and it did not crack like it did the day before, I placed my foot on top of the ice and started to shift my weight on the ice and with out warning I was knee deep in the pond. I hurried to pull my foot out and looked around to see if anyone was watching. Thankfully no one was, so hopefully there will be no "look at the idiot" footage anywhere. lol
 I need to get on the ice soon, or I may do something really stupid. lol
 Let the bashing begin. lol

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2007, 12:22 PM »
Wish i was around for that one! LOL! Oh well at least u got to feel what it's like! I almost forget! Can't wait till we are there! I am so antsy now!  :tipup:
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Its amazing the forecast duelling going on between Noaa and Accu weather. Noaa calling for warmer than normal temps thru March and Accu-weather calling for colder than normal temps thru March. Ill stick with Accu weather and hopfully be out on the ice by next weekend or shortly after that. Just give me three inches for now! ;D ;D ;D
How much ice do you need?

Offline Chuckles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:07 PM »
;D  I wouldn't say I got the fever. But I did fill the bathtub up with water just to see how waxworms hooked on the treble hook affected the action of the lure.   ??? 

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2007, 10:22 PM »
yah since last april!!

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Was out organizing the garage (an ongoing struggle) when I spied a Windlass tip-up which needed a new leader. In order to not get totally distracted from the job at hand, I set up the spring just to watch it work. Of course since I wasn't fishing, it was jigging in a nice tight pattern; you know, the kind that would drive a perch nuts. After a few min. I hung it back up, cause I knew if I started playing with my ice fishing gear, the garage job was history. Fever, don't know what you mean! BTW, my ice fishing gear is way more organized than the garage.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2007, 01:03 PM »
the question i have is did u get any flags when u went in

Offline Bob_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • crappie nut
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2007, 10:42 AM »
 I believe the flag that went up was a red flag that indicated that the fever was at dangerous levels, the next flag that flew was "YOUR AN IDIOT BOB" with bells and whistles to get everyones attention.  ;D

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2007, 11:24 AM »
ANYONE ELSE HAVE IT?  ;D

Got it real BAAAAAAAAD! :P

The sled is finished... the rods are rigged up... all ready to go! Actually it's all been ready to go for about a month now, just been waiting... and now with this Pocono forecast starting tomorrow night... looks like my fever will break this weekend! ;)

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I hope so, for everyones sake. The forecast temps could put ice on in a hurry; if the wind doesn't keep blowing. If it does it will be another couple of days. Meanwhile I'm been making some clip-on air foils for my Mr. Jigger rod holders. No bites on them either; guess the garage just isn't a prime feeding area for panfish. Wheres the thermometer? I feel faint!

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2007, 03:57 PM »
I hope so, for everyones sake. The forecast temps could put ice on in a hurry; if the wind doesn't keep blowing. If it does it will be another couple of days. Meanwhile I'm been making some clip-on air foils for my Mr. Jigger rod holders. No bites on them either; guess the garage just isn't a prime feeding area for panfish. Wheres the thermometer? I feel faint!

Hey VC, I think I can hear those Minsi Lake crappies shaking in their schools! The Bangor,PA forecast looks real cold over the next two weeks too... might be safe ice there before the weekend of 27/28?

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Sounds like lanterns and pizza to me. I'm praying they are right, for a change, as it doesn't look that promising here in the southern part of PA. Minsi is a bit closer than the Poconos for me, and it is in a nice, cold pocket. Would love a shot at those speckled slabs. If only they had on ice delivery.......

Offline holeinhide

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • have ice will fish!!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2007, 07:34 PM »
OK OK I give uncle uncle. :o Now can we have some ice please I will be good I promiss. :whistle: How's that for fever, question is do you think there will be ice by early to mid Feb?

Offline fishmaster2004z

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:04 PM »
i have 7 doz shiners swimming in my live box right now :tipup:

Offline fishmaster2004z

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:05 PM »
the worst part is i have vacation all week :tipup:

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:06 PM »
 If we get good ice next week I might have a sudden sick day. Let's hope they don't keep revising the forcasts. To answer Mark; yes I can almost smell those golden fillets! Oh are those perch fillets, as well? Mmmmmmmm....... Also, appreciate those reports! Once we get a lid on the big lakes I'll be a lot easier to figure out the ice situation.

Offline panfishpounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 17, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Just looked at the outlook for Feb. (ACCUWEATHER)  I hope they have it right.  Below normal temps.  The above normal Precip. I could do without.  I guess we will see.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Ok  A little help for a not so bright pittsburgher wheres MInski
and whats its real name

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 17, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Minsi is a long way from Pittsburg, near the Delaware Water Gap in eastern Pa.
This anticipation of possible fishable ice this weekend seems to have a real bad effect on those stricken with the FEVER !!!! I too belong to this group and have found that Jose Quervo in moderation has a very slight calming effect. Come on ice!
Jim K.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.