The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: this weather  (Read 2424 times)

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
this weather
« on: Oct 12, 2006, 06:07 AM »
SUCKS!  >:( I saw the forecast this morning and had smiles when i saw in the 30's the next two night's. Then for next week in the 70's ??? Come on! STAY CONSISTENT
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

MikeThePike

Re: this weather
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2006, 07:34 AM »
Its 830Am and 31 degrees out now.....Ice is coming SOON!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2006, 01:58 PM »
Check out this latest long-term forecast for the Northeast.  An update is expected in mid-October:

AccuWeather.com Issues Preliminary Winter Outlook
El Niņo's Influence Points to Milder Start, Colder End Than Normal for Heating-Oil-Dependent Northeast

(State College, PA - September 19, 2006) - AccuWeather.com Chief Long-Range Forecaster Joe *****i predicts that the coming winter is shaping up to be quite different than last year's. The El Niņo pattern that has noticeably impacted the 2006 hurricane season will lead to colder temperatures for the northeastern U.S. and Midwest, and a milder winter for the West Coast.

As outlined in *****i's preliminary seasonal outlook-the full 2006-2007 AccuWeather.com Winter Forecast will be released in mid-October-the winter in the Northeast and Midwest is expected to begin mild before turning significantly colder in January and February as cold air pours down from Canada. Overall, New York City and Boston are expected to average slightly below normal for the three-month winter period of December through February. The winter along the East Coast and Gulf Coast will be marked by stormy weather, because of the pattern created by the El Niņo that formed this summer and was identified by *****i in the late spring.

Offline boatnik13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2006, 04:33 PM »
SUCKS!  >:( I saw the forecast this morning and had smiles when i saw in the 30's the next two night's. Then for next week in the 70's ??? Come on! STAY CONSISTENT
But the water temp is consistant in the lakes! Going down but nice water if your going for late season trout.

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Still alot of time to fish for smallies, but I'm looking forward to the ice too 
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline boatnik13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Today at Holman lake ,Little Buffalo State Park  (air temp. 32 deg. & frosty  @ 7am  and water surface temp 56 deg.) Fish jumpimg at mid lake between 8 &  9 am  and also fish schooled up at the 18 -23 ft. depths.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.