The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lost Ice fisherman In our area.....  (Read 1503 times)

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
Lost Ice fisherman In our area.....
« on: Mar 10, 2006, 07:15 AM »
  :o :'(   I just heard that they were looking for a guy with dive teams up at hunters lake this morning.  from what i heard the guy was fishing by himself when he went through.  I do not know where at on the lake he was fishing but, but i would say that this lake is out of the running for safe ice this year.  Better hold off intill next year. 

I just wanted to warn you guys and see if anybody can confirm this. 

Be safe everybody its been a pretty good season so far lets not do anything stupid to blow it.  we got trout in a few weeks to slay. 

JiggerMan

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline ice023

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Lost Ice fisherman In our area.....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2006, 09:47 AM »
wnep reported a 73 year old male lost his life at hunters, he was pulled out of the lake at about 3:00. 
Moment of silence. 

be safe
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW What a Ride!"

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Very sad........... :(
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline ranger22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2006, 05:43 PM »
horrible news you hate to hear that ever our thought and prayers  are with his family

Offline nepa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2006, 12:59 PM »
The man was from  Berwick. They had a nice right up in the paper about him. I guess the local paper around Hunters Lake as doing a piece on him because he fishes it so much and it was going to be printed next week. I did not know him, my father new him and said he was a nice person. I wonder if they have ice in heaven!!!!!!!!

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2006, 05:04 PM »
i wonder if this is the man i met 3 weeks ago at hunters who was fishing by himself on 4 inches of ice and myself and hithole  said that we aint fishing.  he was moving around this lakel like it was nothing......  brave man,,,,,,,  pray's for him and family
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Please do not think that I mean any disrespect, cause I do not. But I can not help but wonder, if he had been a member of IS, would he still be with us???
I try to follow the reports on here, as most of us do, and it seems that this lake has not been really safe for some time. Thanks to our members for protecting us.
Such a shame................ :( :( :(
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2006, 07:15 PM »
byron,,, you have a great point,,, however, this gives everyone a reason to report each trip we make out on the ice.  if we fish today on 7 inches of ice, and we fish the next day,  lets report the ice conditions.  condtions change so much so its hard to keep tract of.  myself and hithole we up at hunters 3 weeks ago this coming monday, and there was on older fella on they ice, by himself, walking around like it was a market.   i wonder if this was the same guy???

:o :o :o :o :o
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.