The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: lake warren  (Read 1282 times)

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
lake warren
« on: Dec 25, 2005, 07:59 PM »
hey just wanted to know if anyone has heard of or fished lake warren and any info they can share

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: lake warren
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Haven't fished it; but have seen others on it. Lake Warren is a tiny lake in upper Bucks, which I think has bass, panfish, and pickerel. You could try the Nockamixon Sport Shop for more info.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2005, 11:18 PM »
thanks was just informd of it this evening by my uncle and i figured someone wopuld have some info they would be willing to share cause im gonna be lookin for eyes and perch this winter and definately some crappie that i want and dad wants the perch and eyes said there good but have never really caught them for eatin.

Offline odriscoll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2005, 06:12 AM »
Lake Warren is a small lake or big pond which was known for big panfish years ago.   
It now looks more like a swamp than a lake, shallower and more overgrown than Towhee.

It might be something, but it sure doesn't look like it.
I'd say forget it.   

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Looks can be decieving. If it's as grown over as you say, it narrows the search considerably. A day of 2 of search wouldn't hurt, especially if it freezes fast, could be out there while waiting ofr other lakes to freeze. It's nice to get out on Towhee, but the moster Picks are in Nockamixon. I believe the icehsanty tourney winner COULD come out of there if we get the right weather to get her iced over. But, in the meantime, check out the small, fast-freezing ponds.

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2005, 12:20 PM »
I have fished Lake Warren a few times from a bellyboat. Lots of stunted bluegills and a few small crappies were all that we caught out of there. I hear that there are LM bass too... but we were after the panfish.

It's very small, mostly shallow and "boggy."

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2005, 04:57 PM »
guys thanks might have to go look for it this weekend along with where im gonna be goin for a pheasent hunt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.