The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Kinzua Dam  (Read 2612 times)

Offline trout killa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Did someone say "trout" ?
Kinzua Dam
« on: Dec 22, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Has anybody been up there yet? if so, how much ice is there and is anything hitting? I would like to find out before I make a trip, thanks

trout killa :tipup:

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Kinzua Dam
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2005, 06:53 PM »
hey killa.
I haven't heard much on this pond..  there's a report board for Kinzua on, well, the reports board..  but there isn't anything on it either.
gair-z
Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

Offline BCJensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE IS ON FLAGS UP!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Trout killa  you are from that neck of the woods if I remember..  tionesta or marienville???  is that you?? :tipup:

Offline trout killa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Trout killa  you are from that neck of the woods if I remember..  tionesta or marienville???  is that you?? :tipup:
                   Yep thats me ! I'm from Marienville, spent  last year in Iraq didnt do  much fishing but I'm sure going to try to make it up this year. Chapman Dam has been hot for trout so far this year( Big Trout)

Offline Kinzua Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2005, 08:11 PM »
                   Yep thats me ! I'm from Marienville, spent  last year in Iraq didnt do  much fishing but I'm sure going to try to make it up this year. Chapman Dam has been hot for trout so far this year( Big Trout)

Hey Killa,

How is the ice on Chapman?  I bet it is a slush pool with this weather?? I want to try on Sunday if it is safe.

Kinzua Man

Offline trout killa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2005, 04:31 AM »
Hey Killa,

How is the ice on Chapman?  I bet it is a slush pool with this weather?? I want to try on Sunday if it is safe.

Kinzua Man

I havn't been down there since Christmas , but I would imagine the ice is pretty rotten since this warm snap. I work in Warren so I will stop down there some time next week to check it out. If you go down on sunday and if the ice is safe, power bait seems to be the best for me. they put 1200 trout in there ,so it aint going to take you very long to get 3, good luck!!!!                                         trout killa :tipup:

Offline Kinzua Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2006, 03:37 PM »
    I havn't been down there since Christmas , but I would imagine the ice is pretty rotten since this warm snap. I work in Warren so I will stop down there some time next week to check it out. If you go down on sunday and if the ice is safe, power bait seems to be the best for me. they put 1200 trout in there ,so it aint going to take you very long to get 3, good luck!!!!                                         trout killa :tipup:
I have a camp on Hemlock Road and fish Chapman frequently while the ice is on.  I have always done very well with the winter stocked trout.  My work has kept me distant thus far this year but I hope to soon to be on the ice.  I usually get them at the boat launch and powerbait is my bait of choice. 

Kinzua Man

Offline BCJensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE IS ON FLAGS UP!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2006, 06:40 AM »
trout killa

Hear any info about tionesta res.   ice info  or if thy are fishing it yet.  It is hard to believe that you do not hear of more muskey through that is there. They hammer them in the summer.

Take care would love to hook up with ya sometime this season..  Brent

Offline trout killa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2006, 07:57 PM »
trout killa

Hear any info about tionesta res.   ice info  or if thy are fishing it yet.  It is hard to believe that you do not hear of more muskey through that is there. They hammer them in the summer.

Take care would love to hook up with ya sometime this season..  Brent
The last word on tionesta Res was the ice is not safe, It has been in the 40's and raining for the past 2 days, It seems that the muskies move up into the creek in the winter, I know some fellows the fish for them in February with regular gear and do very well up stream. Keep in touch and I will let ya know when things freeze up again.    Adam  :tipup:

Offline BCJensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE IS ON FLAGS UP!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2006, 09:24 PM »
Thanks  I guess that when the ice gets good you could probally fish around Nebraska, coon creek  I do not know what that would be like ..  I have a thing about current under the ice that i am on...  would sure hate to see that hole that i just fell into get smaller as I was going down the creek...   would not be a good feeling.   Take care

Brent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.