The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canoe Creek Ice Thickness  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Martin Shooter

• IceShanty Rookie
Canoe Creek Ice Thickness
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 09:48 PM »
Hello, all. I am new to this board, and I really enjoy it. :) You guys on here really seem to know what you're doing. I was just wondering if anybody here knows if Canoe Lake or Glendale is currently fishable. I'm thinkin about goin tomorrow or this weekend. Thanks!
Brandon
Brandon

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Canoe Creek Ice Thickness
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:00 AM »
Martin check the reports page under Canoe Creek and Glendale. Here is the link to Canoe Creek. 

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=17238.0

Heres' Glendale http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=14981.0

They have been fishing Canoe Creek since last weekend.  Glendale is reporting ice on the entire lake and they may be fishing around the causeway.  I am heading to Canoe Creek tomorrow morning.  Look for the Fish Trap Guide out from the parking lot.  I am taking my son down to try and catch some trout.  They stocked it on Tuesday.  Russ
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Martin Shooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Russ, thank you for your help. I was down there all day today. The fishing wasn't the best, but caught a few rainbows. 2 people I saw caught 2 legal bass, and that was it. There's a good 6,7" out there in most places, but watch out from the left of the roadbed going away from the stumps. Some places were soft with just 3-4". The trout I got into were by the pond parking lot, straight out from where the dock usually is. I want to go out tomorrow, but my mom won't let me go alone... I'm only 15 so it sucks. If I talk her into letting me I'll stop by your shanty. I'll be draggin along a Clam.
Brandon
Brandon

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Was anyone fishing in the next parking lot up from the stumps, where they park the canoes?  Out by the handicap pier?  I seen guys down by the cliffs and at the breast on Tuesday.  There has to be at least 5 or 6 inches down that way?
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Martin Shooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2005, 09:15 PM »
There were 3 sets of guys out from the cove, where they park the canoes. We were out from the pier the 1st hour or so we were there. There's a good 6"-7" in most all places. Just watch out for slushy ice on top. I'm goin tomorrow at about 11. Are you the PAicenutter guy on fisherie?
Brandon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.