The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fish a new lake with a new friend  (Read 10382 times)

Offline pletch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fish a new lake with a new friend
« on: Nov 15, 2005, 04:36 PM »
This thread is for hard water fishermen & women who would like to fish a new lake but not do it blindly. Hopefully the ice shanty members can post when & what lake they plan to fish and a member who has never fished that lake could reply to that post. Also if you want to fish and don't have anyone to fish with place your post here and maybe someone can hook up with you. GOOD LUCK
ice is your friend

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Fish a new lake with a new friend
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Great idea Pletch
Thanks to you i found Cranberry
and three :tipup: fantastic friends were a bonus

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2005, 07:57 AM »
That is a great idea for sure! I am always up for fishing with new people and learning new things and new lakes! So anyone that would enjoy some company and some beer on a lake i have never fished or have fished lemme know!  ;D
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We Need Another Ice Age !
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Yes a Great idea I have met some great people through ICE SHANTY  and fished with them on the ice my problem is I'm limited to ice fishing morain state park in butler county pa. But If any one wants to try Lake Aurthor (morain) give me a yell 
May the LORD BLESS and keep each of you safe on the ice.

Offline pletch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2005, 04:37 AM »
PENNA, I have never ice fished lake arthur, I will take you up on that offer.
ice is your friend

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:33 AM »
What sort of fish species you target on Aurthor? How long of a ride from harrisburg?

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Beerthirty, i know alot of guys target crappie at this lake.  Its located north of pittsburg so from harrisburg your looking at atleast 3 hours, maybe even 4 not exactly sure though.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2005, 07:46 PM »
Moraine could be another rodeo in the making
I ve only fished there a few times  it was over by the 528 bridge
lets throw this one out to the crowd and see what happenns
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2005, 05:33 AM »
Well i drive out to Pittsburgh almost every other weekend. I have season tix for the University of Pittsburgh. It usually takes me just a touch over 3hrs to get there so not to sure how far it is from the city? That could be a possible road trip for a weekend trip? Love to fish for crappie! Are there perch and nice gills? Some serious panfishing i would love to do!

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2005, 05:59 AM »
hey Beer its another hour to moraine

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Might have to make that trip sometime this winter! You know the lake well?

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2005, 06:44 AM »
PENNA, I have never ice fished lake arthur, I will take you up on that offer.
Sure thing once the ice is on we can make some plans their are some other ice fishermen from this site that I also fish with. Their are some big fish in that lake my best guess Xmass or after for good ice but you never know may have some early ice this year.

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2005, 06:48 AM »
What sort of fish species you target on Aurthor? How long of a ride from harrisburg?
I personaly target Muskie, pike(toothey critters)and big bass and crappie not sure how far from harrisburg.

Offline jonesy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2005, 10:26 AM »
I fish Moraine alot, usually get into some gills and a bass or two. I also fish Wilhelm and Conneaut for the pike.

Offline Foxbow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2005, 09:28 AM »
I used to go past Moraine all the time, never ice fished it. I usually fish conneaut, shenango, and edinboro if I travel that far (live near Cabela's). I'm new here, but I got the ice fishing bug, so I would love to meet new faces and try different lakes, espacially here in the SE/EC part of the state.
"Be the dominant predator!"

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Sounds like a very good idea. If you learn one thing it will make you a better fisherman. Cant hurt to have a few more friends either.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2005, 12:51 PM »
Sure thing once the ice is on we can make some plans their are some other ice fishermen from this site that I also fish with. Their are some big fish in that lake my best guess Xmass or after for good ice but you never know may have some early ice this year.
mofish here, been fishing Moraine for close to 25 years, you can catch any species of fish other than cold water species. Caught nice bass, crappie, perch, muskie, pike, would like to catch a walleye and a striper but never have.  Fished with Penna, he's a man of his word.  His positive attitude will definately help you succeed in catching fish.  Fished with locals, Camotim, and a few others.  met alot of people at the ramp who just are browsing. Maybe we can all hook up some day.
Will be checking for ice soon!
Mofish                                        Romans 6:23
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline worm_waster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2005, 08:58 PM »
I spend most of my time on Presque Isle Bay. 

but sometimes I fish the lake close in for steelies. 

You are welcome to meet up anytime.w_w.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2005, 09:44 AM »
I spend most of my time on Presque Isle Bay. 

(Image removed from quote.)

but sometimes I fish the lake close in for steelies. 

You are welcome to meet up anytime.w_w.
WOULD LIKE TO CATCH A EELPOUT CAN YOU HOOK ME UP    MOFISH
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline worm_waster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 25, 2005, 07:33 PM »
I'd like to catch one too ;)  I've eaten them though...probably my favorite fish.  I've never targeted them though, so I might be game.w_w.

Offline pletch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2005, 11:39 AM »
I just wanted to add a post so this thread would get back on page one, since the ice season is so near I hope that we (fellow ice fishermen/women) could hooking up with each other.  ICE is near grab your gear!!!!!
ice is your friend

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2005, 11:45 AM »
We meet up frequently on Arthur, i.e., penna, 1MO, Snapper, etc. Catch anything from pike, walleye, perch, crappie, bass, catfish, gills, etc. You're 1 hour away, in Pitts, I-79 N, Butler exit. Give a holler when you're heading up.

Offline pletch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 06, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Camotim, I will be driving from Somerset, is that around 2 1/2 hrs. away? A friend and I will be willing to travel anywhere in the western half of PA and deep creek MD. So we will take anyones offer to fish with them. Thanks to everyone in advance.
ice is your friend

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:43 AM »
Name a time and day Ill be there too
havent fished there in years
used to fish by the church

Offline pletch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 08, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Slider, I try to e-mail you and PM you but you must not be getting it, so I don't mind posting my phone numbers in case anyone else wants to contact me. 814-926-3719 or 814-233-1099.                      ICE is near can you feel it!!!!!!!
ice is your friend

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 08, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I'm down, to hit some new or old places.  I'm very interested in hitting Presque Isle during hard water.  Please post when you all are going to be hooking up when.  I would like to shoot the bull and a lesson would be nice.  

As far as Arthur, there is some good fishing there it has quality Crappie, a boat load of Gills finding good one is another story, the Perch is not bad.  I used to only run tip-ups for game fish it was a blast as well.

1mofish if you want open water striper give me a shout I will hook you up some night in the spring, as for through the ice on them I have never heard of anyone hooking up.

Snapper

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:44 AM »
WOULD LIKE TO CATCH A EELPOUT CAN YOU HOOK ME UP    MOFISH

MO: a good spot to catch burbot is at the end of the south pier, off the Bayfront Blvd. Should still be the season, usually Nov-Jan, providing the channel is ice free. Let me know when you want to head up-I'll be there Christmas weekend visiting the folks.. I'll give a shot at the burbot. The're like catching a torpedo, heading south!

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:47 AM »
Camotim, I will be driving from Somerset, is that around 2 1/2 hrs. away? A friend and I will be willing to travel anywhere in the western half of PA and deep creek MD. So we will take anyones offer to fish with them. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Yes, pletch, I'd say about a 2.5 hour drive-give a holler when you're heading this way; we'll get together with some of the other guys-we've had some good times on the ice!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:37 PM »
hey pletch drove up and down rt#219 4x last night  snowin' like crazy on the short cut 7 degrees on the clock in Salisbury.  With the new speed limit, you could probably get to Moraine in 2 hours.  Yeah I gues it is a little bit more.  I drive it so many times a week, I lose track of how long it takes, because I'm usually daydreaming or on the cell phone.  If you come, we can guarantee to put you into fish.  We pray alot!  don't  you know! Anyways, if you're interested you're more than welcome, the more the merrier.  Ask, Camotim, that's how we met.  Iceshanty buddy, Mofish :cookoo: :cookoo: :angel

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:43 PM »
  Hey 1MOfish,
                     I like the part about praying a lot! Last spring, I asked the Lord to show favor on me, today and I caught my first walleye, thru the ice!!!  ::)
                                                                   Preacherman
TEAM  PA.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.