Author Topic: striker bibs ?  (Read 19330 times)

Offline WIhoundguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: striker bibs ?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:08 PM »
I bought my Hardwater bibs at the beginning of this year. They've been used 20-25 times and still look brand new.
WiHoundguy

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 29, 2013, 03:30 PM »
I was told the material was too short to tuck and sew, they didnt catch it on like 2% of the total bibs.

Offline sportsmenoftheyear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 30, 2013, 05:14 AM »
love the suit.  just sucky that i have to send them back so soon in the middle of the season on my dime....

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 30, 2013, 03:18 PM »
love my hardwater bibs they are freaking warm fished in -20C all day with out every having to warm up or hide behind my SUV. only thing that got cold were my fingers from grabbing fish.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:49 AM »
Talked to Shawn today my bibs should be here today.  I misinformed the public about "my built in ice pics" in the two front pockets, Shawn told me they never put them in there and said the D ring is inside pocket to hook your own there.  I told him I bought @ Red Rock and he said they must have put them in as a promotion or something, sorry for the mis information.

Offline akair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 05, 2013, 02:09 PM »
I had the same issue with my striker bibs ( crotch blow out ), and they are still at the manufacturer after I returned them over a month ago to get fixed hopefully they can come up with a patch. I'm surprised that not more of the outerwear has gone to some sort of neoprene cloth that has some stretch for the areas that have issues like the armpits, crotch, and knees. Very irritating in the middle of fishing season.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:06 PM »
They received mine on a Monday and I had them back Friday!

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #67 on: Apr 02, 2013, 09:46 AM »
I noticed 2 very similiar products, one is a striker hard water suit and one is a striker climate suit. I think the only real difference is a removable liner in the climate suit. But the hard water one seems like better stronger materials? Can anyone explain the slight difference's. The hard water has 600 D endura with 175 g thermadex and the Climate one is 320 tusser with 100g removable thermadex liner. What is Tusser and what is endura ? And which one is better for extreme conditions? Thanks Keith!

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #68 on: Apr 02, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Not sure what the difference is between Denier and Tussar

Give them a call, they are very helpful.

I went with the Hardwater Jacket and Bibs.
The removable liner didnt make much sense to me. If im to hot, ill just wear less layers, not remove my liner..

So unless your sweating to death under this suit with nothing on under it. The removable liner it pretty useless imo.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #69 on: Apr 02, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Not sure what the difference is between Denier and Tussar

Give them a call, they are very helpful.

I went with the Hardwater Jacket and Bibs.
The removable liner didnt make much sense to me. If im to hot, ill just wear less layers, not remove my liner..

So unless your sweating to death under this suit with nothing on under it. The removable liner it pretty useless imo.
The hard water one was the one I was leaning towards. Seems like thicker stronger materials.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Apr 02, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Yup yup.

Might i suggest you get the size that fits your dimensions.
I went a little big thinking with layers on it would be perfect.
What I found was i only needed a base layer, and the size i got was to big, so i went down a size which was perfect.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #71 on: Apr 02, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Be wary of falling in to the same trap with the bibs as you did with the boots.  The striker light is going to be more than you need.  I have the striker ice jacket and it really is overkill unless your are thinned blooded or living in the Arctic.

I ordered a pair of the striker light bibs last week.   ;D

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline CRS02019

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Apr 02, 2013, 12:13 PM »
I noticed 2 very similiar products, one is a striker hard water suit and one is a striker climate suit. I think the only real difference is a removable liner in the climate suit. But the hard water one seems like better stronger materials? Can anyone explain the slight difference's. The hard water has 600 D endura with 175 g thermadex and the Climate one is 320 tusser with 100g removable thermadex liner. What is Tusser and what is endura ? And which one is better for extreme conditions? Thanks Keith!

Well after buying a Striker Lite jacket this year I can tell you this much; the Lite version was almost too warm so be careful with the heavy insulation. When I first went out this season I wore a tee shirt, under long sleeve, under a sweatshirt under the jacket. By the time I finished the season, while it was still sub-30's temps I wore just a tee shirt and the jacket. It is incredibly warm.
So why am I telling you this? Well, Striker Ice right now has a close-out deal on the Striker Lite bibs for just $99. They float too and my guess is you will be more than warm enough in them.
I like that deal so much I'm buying a pair:-)

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Apr 02, 2013, 12:23 PM »
Just as a heads up, the lite version isnt made of the same material as the hardwater version.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #74 on: Apr 02, 2013, 01:40 PM »
Let me add that I fish ALL conditions from sunrise to sunset, not half days or a few hours like some I've seen this year. I would definitely want a stronger material. So the hard water or the climate one would be my only 2 choices. Not really sure about a lite version? I am out way to long in harsh conditions to mess around with a light anything. That's just me though. I don't usually sit in shanty's or build fires. I will add that I personally like a removable liner for the warm days because I can still wear the shell for wind and rain etc without getting wet or cold do to wind.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #75 on: Apr 02, 2013, 02:05 PM »
I have the climate coat and bibs and love them.
The bibs run on the large side the coats are normal I have been wearing them with out the liners trolling the last few weeks. If you can swing it get the coat too you wont be sorry.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #76 on: Apr 02, 2013, 02:10 PM »
Keith, sounds like the climate is what you want. Im just not sure on the durability of the fabric.
I dont know why they used a thinner insulation(100g on Climate vs 175g on hardwater) on the climate than on the Hardwater either..

You may want to call them to find out what has the stronger fabric and why.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #77 on: Apr 02, 2013, 02:23 PM »
Keith, sounds like the climate is what you want. Im just not sure on the durability of the fabric.
I dont know why they used a thinner insulation(100g on Climate vs 175g on hardwater) on the climate than on the Hardwater either..

You may want to call them to find out what has the stronger fabric and why.
You would think that the one with a removable liner would have more insulation? Why the 2 different materials 320 Tusser & 600 Endora? I see some googling coming lol.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #78 on: Apr 02, 2013, 03:13 PM »
Well after reading umteen amounts of info on the winter clothing section of ice shanty I'm no closer to a decision  :-\ I guess I will contact Striker direct. No info on Google about Endora or Tusser? ?? I just want the strongest most durable materials! I can't even find out which of the 2 are the newest design. The hard water or the Climate?

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #79 on: Apr 02, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Keith,

I asked my wife about it, shes pretty heavy into sewing.

She says its very tough light weight material. But wouldnt think it would hold up great for ice fishing.
The Climate Bibs are a 3 season bib. Maybe they are made a lighter weight for that reason.
Also in the description of the Climate bibs it reads:
The jacket and bib shell is made of super strong but lightweight 320D Tussor with off the charts waterproof/breathability ratings. Featuring 800D Endura in the knees and 600D Endura in the lower leg areas, this is one tough suit.

You can see in the areas that are going to see the most wear and tear (knees, and lower legs) they use the thicker/stronger Endura.

This would leave me to believe that while the Tussor is lighter, its not as strong/wear resistant as the Endura.

You are basically paying $20 more for a thinner, removable liner.

Offline MLBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Apr 02, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Be wary of falling in to the same trap with the bibs as you did with the boots.  The striker light is going to be more than you need.  I have the striker ice jacket and it really is overkill unless your are thinned blooded or living in the Arctic.

x2
I have the Striker Ice Lite bibs and jacket and find them plenty warm.  The Striker HardWater has almost twice the insulation as the Lite, which could be way too much except for very cold days and no way to reduce it, like you can with the Climate model or simply by adding layers when needed with the Lite.  The Lite Bibs and Jacket are each on sale for $99.95, which is a great price.

Offline masshills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Apr 02, 2013, 04:42 PM »
I've been all over the map with this myself. I was leaning towards the climate because to me it seems like it does early, mid, and late season. If it is to hot I'll be taken it off and defeats the purpose of having floating gear late season on iffy ice with warm temps. My 2nd choice is the light, we are in Mass I've read posts in Canada of guys being out temps -25 to -45 in their hard waters being comfortable. Good Luck.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #82 on: Apr 02, 2013, 04:49 PM »
As a heads up, the lite bibs is a thinner material, and the knees are not reinforced.

As mentioned before Keith, I think youll be fine in the Hardwater with nothing but a base layer under it.
The jacket and bibs have vents all over the place. So if your still hot just open a vent...
If you want to layer up get the lite (knowing how you fish, the lite wont last).

The best of both worlds is the Climate.

Something not mentioned as a plus for the climate. When you wash it, you can pull the liner out, and just wash the shell.
If the Climate had come with the thicker liner I would have got them.

Availability may make the decision for you.. Looks like they are out of Large and XL for the Climates.

Offline 200fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Apr 02, 2013, 06:10 PM »
For what it's worth...

I tried to order the Lite bibs, but there were no XL. I spoke with someone at Striker about the XL inseam on the non-floating bibs and was assured that they were in stock, also on closeout. I immediately placed an order. I checked on my order yesterday, and it showed that XL was out of stock. I called again and was told that they THOUGHT they had some in stock, but couldn't find them. They were going to search the warehouse and call me. OK.

Well, I got no call, but found a very generic email in my junk folder this morning cancelling my order. No attempt was made to even offer a different product or make me happy somehow. Now, you can't even access the closeout sale on the Striker web site. And when you look at their products, it sends you in a circle back to the page you just started on. You can't order anything.

Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper. Maybe it's just a bit of bad luck, but I'm not impressed with their customer service and would say to all you guys BEWARE!
"Indecision may or may not be my problem"  -Jimmy Buffett

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Apr 02, 2013, 06:12 PM »
i hope they are orange

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #85 on: Apr 02, 2013, 06:28 PM »
i hope they are orange
Little does everyone know, its not the supposed orange that gives me an edge. Someday you might find out the real good luck charm? Porter knows, Only a handful do know the truth. Its my secret to share and its not clothing, trust me!

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #86 on: Apr 03, 2013, 06:32 AM »
The climate suit came out in 2012 so I bet it has the newer technology.
The liner in the bibs is not the same as the coat the coat liner is a neoprene material that is water proof and 100$ by its self.
I pulled the liners last weekend and went trolling the temp was 22 with some wind I sweat balls until I opened the vents up. I'm telling you, you want the climate suit but good luck finding the size you want.
Redrock store has some sizes left but I'm afraid you are going to have to wait until the fall to find any common sized bibs.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #87 on: Apr 03, 2013, 06:48 AM »
Arctic Armour Plus!  Saved my a$$.... like I said before... wont leave home without it!  I will say this, the striker looks like a perfect fit for when I go out on the salt in November/December, and if no ice like the past couple years, January and February!. I use my Arctic Armour for these trips and it can be , depending on conditions, a bit too bulky on the boat... The only gripe I have about the Arctic is the snap buttons, although they ALL work just fine, they have rusted due to the salt water... I can see the scenario now - "Sweety, what do you want for Christmas?  - I'll take a striker suit.... WITHOUT THE LEAD!"  ;D

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #88 on: Apr 03, 2013, 07:15 AM »
The liner in the bibs is not the same as the coat the coat liner is a neoprene material that is water proof and 100$ by its self.
I pulled the liners last weekend and went trolling the temp was 22 with some wind I sweat balls until I opened the vents up. I'm telling you, you want the climate suit but good luck finding the size you want.
Redrock store has some sizes left but I'm afraid you are going to have to wait until the fall to find any common sized bibs.

The Hardwater was new for this season as well.

The description on the Hardwater coat/bibs reads " The warmest and safest ice fishing jacket on the market! "

Since Keith is only interested in the bibs (not the whole suit) I will explain the differences between the Hardwater (HW) vs Climate (CL). As I quite literally just went thru this process a couple months ago.

Climate has a thinner layer of insulation. Both use the same material (100g (CL) vs 175g (HW)
Climate insulation is removable. This makes it a nice 3 season bib, also easier to wash since you can remove the insulation.
Climate uses a thinner lighter weight material (320d Tussor) from the knees up. From the knees down, they are the same as the HW.
Hardwater is full 600D Endura with 800D Endura Knees.

Thats about it.

Keith, for you the question is how durable is this Tussor material that the CL is made of from the knees up?
Being to hot is out of the equation in my book. you can just wear less under the HW, or simply open one of the numerous vents to cool off..

Again, this could all be a moot point. As they may be sold out of the climates in his size.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #89 on: Apr 03, 2013, 09:08 AM »
I planned on purchasing for next season so I have all summer to save and find my size. I do like the idea of a waterproof liner. I figured the hard water was the newest one?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.