Author Topic: UA first layer?  (Read 774 times)

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
UA first layer?
« on: Oct 19, 2011, 03:27 PM »
I need to buy a first layer of clothing to go under my Arctic Armour.  I heard that Under Armor is the best and will keep you warm but how in the he11 am i suppose to wear something that tight!  LOL  Am I the only fat guy that ice fishes?  lmao.  Im 6' and 210 so Im not huge, but I can't imagine seeing myself in that muscle hugging stuff!  Any ideas?

Steuben1

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: UA first layer?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Hey Steuben 1, I have found  this product that was designed for the Marines, Army and U.S. Special Forces to be loose fitting, durable and stinkless. and is on sale. If you like what you read at this site, call and find out more.

Let me also say, I've never been too hot nor wet, but I haven't fallen thru. I've never been chilly or cold.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-ECWCS-Military-Polartec174-Power-Dry-Polar-Weight-Crew-150-Regular/752613.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3D400298523708%26x%3D10%26y%3D11%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=400298523708&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Just went through the hassle. First go to the UA site to see what is there second if possible locate a outlet store where you can buy last years models eg less money. On the UA site you are given three choices First is compression second is loose and last is large . This may not be what it is called but you get the idea. Under the cold gear I have just received the base layer 3.0 1/4 zip this seems a good all around garment for us out side people I do have a base 2.0 with the tall neck for under it for extreme cold . Remember this is to wick moisture off your skin and you will feel as though you are in central air conditioning at least that's me.The combo I have just gave is for extreme cold, under wind and or water proof.Any thing above single digits you will bake.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Duluth trading co shoremans jacket Under Armour done deal no matter what.

Live to fish forced to work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.