Author Topic: Baffin Impact or Cabela's Saskachuwan  (Read 2749 times)

Offline herb

• IceShanty Rookie
Baffin Impact or Cabela's Saskachuwan
« on: Jan 28, 2010, 05:30 AM »
I went out yesterday with my new Mickeys and danged near froze. Temp at the truck was 26*, so not all that cold out. Feet sweat terribly, but I expected that since they are a rubber boot. One pair of 80% merino wool socks. Think I'll see if the surplus store will buy them back.
Now I'm considering the Baffin Impact or the Cabela's Saskachuwan boot.
So my questions are;
Has anyone had any problem with either of these boots leaking? Sometimes we'll get 4 to 6 inches of slush and or water on top of the ice.
Do you need to 'treat' these boots at anytime.
And, I wear a size 12W shoe, so what size in each boot should be ordering?
Thank you for any help with this.

Offline Dennis53

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Baffin Impact or Cabela's Saskachuwan
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2010, 05:31 PM »
I have the Baffin Impacts and love them. Always had to keep moving with other boots to keep warm.One pair of wool socks that's it. Easy on and off. I bought mine one size bigger. I'm sure you will be happy with them. Hope this helps.

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2010, 12:55 PM »
I went out yesterday with my new Mickeys and danged near froze. Temp at the truck was 26*, so not all that cold out. Feet sweat terribly, but I expected that since they are a rubber boot. One pair of 80% merino wool socks. Think I'll see if the surplus store will buy them back.
Now I'm considering the Baffin Impact or the Cabela's Saskachuwan boot.
So my questions are;
Has anyone had any problem with either of these boots leaking? Sometimes we'll get 4 to 6 inches of slush and or water on top of the ice.
Do you need to 'treat' these boots at anytime.
And, I wear a size 12W shoe, so what size in each boot should be ordering?
Thank you for any help with this.

I have been using the saskatchewan's for a month now and they are the warmest and most comfortable boots i have worn yet. I looked at the baffins but they were too expensive. cabelas have the saskatchewan's on sale right now, If you dont care for the camo look and scent lock and want to save a few more bucks i suggest you go with the trans-alaskan. They are the same boot according to the specs on the cabelas website.  All i wear is a thin pair of rocky nylon sock liner and a good pair of wool socks, its like walking on pillows. Good luck!

Offline dudleypond

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:42 PM »
I have the Baffin titan and woud higly recomend them just make sure you where them with thinner socks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.