Author Topic: Positioning Aqua Vu micro II.  (Read 2246 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Positioning Aqua Vu micro II.
« on: Dec 03, 2019, 03:08 PM »
I have the Aqua Vu Micro II underwater camera. For people who have this camera what do you use to aim the camera? It has such a thin cable. Would the small tripod from Aqua Vu work? I haven't seen a stopper for the small cable anywhere. Any ideas?
jbird68

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Positioning Aqua Vu micro II.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2019, 03:12 PM »
I have the Aqua Vu Micro II underwater camera. For people who have this camera what do you use to aim the camera? It has such a thin cable. Would the small tripod from Aqua Vu work? I haven't seen a stopper for the small cable anywhere. Any ideas?

I have the remote control MoPod. Works ok but sometimes it overdrives and doesn't stop exactly where I want.

I saw a great idea on IC that I am going to try this year.

I am going to make a slot in the top of a 5 gal pail with a couple clips to anchor the cable.

I am then going to simply spin the top to get the camera aimed, at least while I am in my shanty.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2019, 03:50 PM »
I use the small AquaVu tripod and I cut a slit in a kids rubber ball to hold the  cable.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:41 PM »
I use the Mo Pod, wrap the small cable around the s shape, clip on a clothes pin once I get the direction it's showing for a pointer.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:44 PM »
Thanks for the ideas guys. I have a small foam toy baseball I'm going to cut a slit into to use as a stop. Gotta look and see if I still have the tripod from Aqua Vu.
jbird68

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Thanks for the ideas guys. I have a small foam toy baseball I'm going to cut a slit into to use as a stop. Gotta look and see if I still have the tripod from Aqua Vu.
My AquaVu tripod stays in my rod case when not being used. If your camera turns for some reason when using a rubber ball, cut a little off the bottom to give it a flat surface.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:57 PM »
My AquaVu tripod stays in my rod case when not being used. If your camera turns for some reason when using a rubber ball, cut a little off the bottom to give it a flat surface.

I like that ..also posistion the camera up or down 45 deg ..some times the cable has some twist ..let the cable spin for a bit to work them out ..also very very micro movements as you pan the camera
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2019, 05:06 PM »
Here is my setup. I use a large rubber stopper cut thru the middle and thread the cable thru.  I can then turn the stopper to pan the camera.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Here is my setup. I use a large rubber stopper cut thru the middle and thread the cable thru.  I can then turn the stopper to pan the camera.

Sweet setup
Veritas Odium Parit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.