Author Topic: Eagle Claw in line reel not working in the cold!  (Read 4874 times)

Offline icefishnrancher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perch, the only white meat!
Re: Eagle Claw in line reel not working in the cold!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:06 PM »
if anyone is fed up and going to be tossing one in the trash, i could use a new spool for one of mine that got broke, needs to look like this...

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:46 AM »
ditch the springs! theses are very nice and easy to remove and bring jigs thru the hole and adjustable strength/tension. goes all of the way in for no tension to all the way out for finesse fishing or any where in between. once you try them, that's all you'll use.

out of stock here, but you can read about it and buy them most any where that sells good ice gear.
http://www.fishusa.com/product/Frabill-Titanium-Spring-Bobber
in stock here and on sale and your going there any way. call to make sure yours has them.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Frabill-Titanium-Spring-Bobber/1429031.uts

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2016, 10:01 AM »
I decided to call no. 8 company about the reels and the man convinced me to keep the reels.They want me to be happy and to use their reels. "That problem with them is rare" is what he said......hey will do what ever they have to so I has 2 good working reels.So with this being said one has to try them
that dude is clueless, we have spoken before too. what a jerk he is.

just take them back to the store and forget about that guy in florida (why do florida people know ice fishing is beyond me). he gave me a sob story how when i bought his rods to go with my reels and my reels where too loose on his rods, he says spend more and you get what you pay for. that's all he had for me. i told him he shouldn't have them for sale then since they are junk. i ended up shimming the reel seats to accept my reels i like a lot.

that being said, i do love the 13 fishing wicked rods! 19"UL is my favorite. they did get some thing right. the tickle stick version one was a big joke too tho.

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2016, 03:19 PM »
I havent had any issues with the Eagle Claws other than the drag. And they backlash if youre not right on them.
I went back to my spinning reels but I noticed a lot of line curl from the spool, you cant win I guess. Zebco 33s for the win!

Offline Jeff B

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2016, 04:37 PM »
that dude is clueless, we have spoken before too. what a jerk he is.

just take them back to the store and forget about that guy in florida (why do florida people know ice fishing is beyond me). he gave me a sob story how when i bought his rods to go with my reels and my reels where too loose on his rods, he says spend more and you get what you pay for. that's all he had for me. i told him he shouldn't have them for sale then since they are junk. i ended up shimming the reel seats to accept my reels i like a lot.

that being said, i do love the 13 fishing wicked rods! 19"UL is my favorite. they did get some thing right. the tickle stick version one was a big joke too tho.

I didnt think the guy was to bad on the phone infact he was much better than the guy I talked to at Eagle Claw.That Dude was clueless.....
The dude at Eagle Claw was one that didnt even belong working for a fishing tackle company,im pretty sure he didnot even know they had ice fishing reels.

I will be fishing for the next three day with the new CGis and we will see how they operate.......GILLS and SPECKS :icefish:
:icefish: SPANKIN GILLS and SPECKS :icefish:

Offline Jeff B

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2016, 01:01 PM »
Well is is report on my CGi reels.

I fished Friday,Saturday,Sunday and this morning and spanked the gills and specks hard.The CGi reels never malfunctioned  at all............I did have the line come off the spool couple times and it rapped around the little knob that holds the spool on.Other than that they work and I am very happy with them.

I have no prob with inlines at all..........spinning reels do their problems too so there you have it
:icefish: SPANKIN GILLS and SPECKS :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.