Author Topic: Lews Reels?  (Read 858 times)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Lews Reels?
« on: Dec 11, 2015, 06:59 PM »
i never heard of these before today. they sound good with 7 bearings and under 30$

how do they hold up for those who have used them. i never heard that name mentioned on this site before either. i was knustsons and one of the guy's likes them and showed them to me.

http://www.lews.com/spinning-laserlite.php

slightly heavier than trion.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lews Reels?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2015, 10:31 PM »
Not sure on the history but I was told they were a pretty decent name back in the day, and a few years ago, they decided to get back to making reels. Could be someone just bought the name and started manufacturing reels.

I got one of the laser lites late last ice season, in the smallest size (LLS50). I've only had it out a few times, but I really like it so far. My other "main" reels are a Shimano Sienna and a Jason Mitchel Elite ice reel. I'm spooled up with 2lb mono and fishing for panfish but do sometimes hook into a big bass.

To me, the Lews is comparable to the Shimano as far as "feel" and smoothness. I think the Sienna has a better drag but only very slightly. Overall, for $20 (found the Lews on sale), I'm happy with it. If the Lews was $30 though, I'd go with the Shimano.

I've never used a trion so I can't compare to that.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Lews Reels?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2015, 05:50 AM »
Lew's is the father of low profile baitcasting reels.  Unfortunately the company of today is just a copycat.  Nuff said.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.