Author Topic: Kerr's Lake  (Read 2497 times)

Offline swilleye

• IceShanty Rookie
Kerr's Lake
« on: Feb 04, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Just trying to get info on kerr's Lake, any biters up there or action. How's access on to or close too. Used to be one of my favorites. ;D ;D :tipup:

grumpymoe

Re: Kerr's Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Just trying to get info on kerr's Lake, any biters up there or action. How's access on to or close too. Used to be one of my favorites. ;D ;D :tipup:
....winterkilled 2002/2003......no plans on restocking.....judging from the spring of 2003, would be suprised in anything survived.....a few diehards tried that spring/summer, but never heard or saw 1 fish......lots of feed judging by the minnows, but was told that the cottagers had no interest in co-operating with any thoughts on restocking.....too bad....nice scenic spot....Grump

Offline TogoJeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Is that the lake you can see from Mountain Road just northwest of the Clan William junction?

Just checked the 05 stocking list:

Kerr Lake February 15, 2005 Northern Pike  58

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:29 PM »
no....that lake is Otter Lake....Kerrs Lake is straight north from 357 on Mountain Road which runs north/south at the church and now demolished old general store. Grump

Offline scottymac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:06 PM »
Where do you ge the restiocking guides?  they used to be in the fishing guides a few years ago along with all the masters caught.

Mac

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Where do you ge the restiocking guides?  they used to be in the fishing guides a few years ago along with all the masters caught.

Mac
...they are still listed there along with the master angler entries....Grump

Offline TogoJeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:26 PM »

Offline swilleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Wow thanks for the info, you guy's are great. I might even take the shot back from lake urine as I use that water 5 day's a week, not that I would be drinking it. Keep up the good work. Wishing I was Fish'en. ;D ;D :tipup:

Offline perchprincess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Grump

What is the fishing like on Otter lake?  My dad took me there probably 20 years ago or so and it was awesome fisshing.  All pike but it was a blast.  I remember going on the East side and fishing by some open water (winter fishing).  There was a spring.  It was shallow but it was unbelievable fishing.  Still fish there?

PP

Offline swilleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Grump

What is the fishing like on Otter lake?  My dad took me there probably 20 years ago or so and it was awesome fisshing.  All pike but it was a blast.  I remember going on the East side and fishing by some open water (winter fishing).  There was a spring.  It was shallow but it was unbelievable fishing.  Still fish there?

PP
Start a new topic with otter lake, I've not fished it in the past 10 years. The spring's are cool, the oxygen used to get so low that the fish were dosile and not interested in bitting so we would snare them if we couldn't snag them. oop's is that illegal, to bad that was 20 years ago and past the statue of limitation's. ;D ;D :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.