The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wausau Area...WE HAVE ICE  (Read 14039 times)

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Re: Wausau Area...WE HAVE ICE
« Reply #60 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:10 PM »
I would say we caught over 20 pike range 16-22" but that was still considered a slow day from in the last couple of years

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 28, 2007, 01:52 AM »
With a forecast of a 10 degree high and windchills below zero, anyone around here going out?  We're going out after breakfast to at least move the shacks over deeper water, but how long we stay has yet to be determined.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 29, 2007, 01:28 AM »
We went out and braved the elements today.  It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Next weekend isn't looking all that special. But with Badger State games and my daughter competing, my Saturday will be spent with her.  Sunday we hope to get out.  Moved my shack today over a hot perch/walleye hole.  Hopefully I'll get to use my early birthday present from my wife....the DVR for the Aqua-Vu.  And maybe do something I haven't done in 3 years.....use my jigging rod.
The action was pretty slow today except for a 1 1/2 hour period where i was catching Perch on tip ups.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline jr_the_dj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 30, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Hey guys!

Dont know if you would be interested in attending but please check out this post. Thanks!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=48341.0
Jiffy Ice Drills Pro-Staff
Aqua Vu Pro-Staff
HT Enterprises Pro-Staff
PK Lures Pro-Staff

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:41 PM »
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Went out today from 6:30am until Noon.  I had a few flags but no fish.  I did get get some nice Perch footage on the Aqua-Vu DVR.  I had been using a Fathead on a jig pole with no sight of any fish.  So, I set up my rattle reel inside the shack and put on the biggest shiner i had.  Suddenly a school of Perch showed up.  They'd check out my shiner, but just look at it.  I knew the bait was too big for them, but the lil fatheads didn't bring any fish.  Maybe once the perch showed up, I should have gone back to the fathead on the jig pole.  But I was too fascinated watching them on the camera to think up a different tactic.  :P
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 19, 2007, 12:09 AM »
Looks like we've reached that time of year on Lake Wausau where the fishing shuts off.  The last two weekends have been pretty slow.  Hoping this warm front coming thru will heat things up again.  Pretty sad that in 2 weeks the permanent shacks need to be removed.  I've heard late ice is the best time for using dead smelt.  May have to pick some up soon.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Bobby T.

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishaholic
« Reply #66 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:40 PM »
county market 2.39 lb# will be out trying em too.. rain sleet or snow??? poke the air bladder after thawing so they dont float!
Why be a couch potato..When you can be an ice spud.

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Mar 05, 2007, 01:00 AM »
Hauled the shack off today, those 2 months it was out there sure seemed to go by quick.  With the season still open on the river, including Lake Wausau, Dubay, and Half Moon, anybody doing any good on Walleyes.  I still hope to get out as much as possible before the ice melts.  What's the best to use on tip-ups for Walleyes, shiners, walleye suckers, ruby reds or other?
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Greenz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Mar 05, 2007, 01:23 AM »
Good idea I did the samething today
Fishing, Flyfishing and Bowhunting!!
Not here for a long time just a good time!!

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wausau Area...WE HAD ICE
« Reply #69 on: Mar 16, 2007, 02:06 AM »
Not sure if I'll be heading out this weekend, it may be the last weekend that the ice will be safe enough.  Just saw on the weather channel that they're calling for rain and high's in the mid 50's later next week.  I kept a ice fishing log this season, and I'll post it when I'm sure my season is over.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Mar 30, 2007, 02:11 AM »
Well, it's official....this Ice fishing season is over for me.   
Here are the stats for this past season.

Total days out fishing= 24
First day out= 12/09/06
Last day out=  3/10/07
Total Flags=  74
Total Fish Caught= 30
Largest Pike= 30.5"
Largest Walleye= 16" (caught by my 14 year old daughter)
Largest Perch=  11.5"
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Mar 31, 2007, 06:45 PM »
Sound's like a nice season, Muskie Nut!!  One question!  How, are you going to live with the bragging of the in house "Walleye Queen", till next ice?   ;D

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Apr 01, 2007, 01:42 AM »
Sound's like a nice season, Muskie Nut!!  One question!  How, are you going to live with the bragging of the in house "Walleye Queen", till next ice?   ;D

Thank you Brujharr.  ;D  We made alot of memories this season.  As far as the "Walleye Queen" goes, I'm telling my ego that she must have been taught well...be me   :clap:
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline whitetailmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shut up-n- fish
« Reply #73 on: Apr 01, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Well, it's official....this Ice fishing season is over for me.   
Here are the stats for this past season.

Total days out fishing= 24
First day out= 12/09/06
Last day out=  3/10/07
Total Flags=  74
Total Fish Caught= 30
Largest Pike= 30.5"
Largest Walleye= 16" (caught by my 14 year old daughter)
Largest Perch=  11.5"
Sounds like you had a blastin year!!
team I.C.Light

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Apr 02, 2007, 02:10 AM »
Yeah, we had alot of fun.  We make memories every year, but as far as the stats go....this is the first season I kept track, so I'm not sure how the fishing and flags were compared to other years.  I'm going to keep a log like this every ice fishing season.  I'm working on a log for open water, just not sure of what stats to put in.
Hope everyone else had a great season and made alot of memories and even maybe some new friends.   ;D
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.