Author Topic: HT Deluxe Polar tip up?  (Read 806 times)

Offline rudder

• Team IceShanty Regular
HT Deluxe Polar tip up?
« on: Nov 28, 2010, 07:49 AM »
Any feedback on these tip ups?

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
Re: HT Deluxe Polar tip up?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:15 AM »
I do own a set of five. They have the 500 ft reels. Purchased them for my daughter, have no problems with them. I have read a thread on IS before I purchased, but do not remember where it is. The couple things I have learned about them is you do need to use the line guide clip to prevent bait fish from unwinding the reel, it happended to me a couple times last year. When using big baits I have to use either down rigger releases or rubber bands to hold the line from triggering flags, but this is of most tip ups. The other issue I have read here on IS and learned first hand is the spring flag will maintain a slight bend from storage during the soft water season. I now remove them from the plastic mount for summer storage. All in all they have been a good tip up for me, easy to maintain with a good release mechanism. Hope this helps. Tightlines.. Ron
Ron

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: HT Deluxe Polar tip up?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2010, 02:57 PM »
I've had no issues with mine that are 10 years old. Had to repack the tube a couple times, but that is no big deal. Very cool to see the flag with the T top screaming as you approach. I don't care for the thermal model with the expendable flag. It's just to fragile. I've had good luck with the newer model PTU 20, with the wind wire as well

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.