Author Topic: One and done????  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Salmonquest

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I once killed a gopher with a stick"
One and done????
« on: Feb 01, 2014, 10:59 PM »
So i scout out a mid depth flat of 30' on the edge of main basin 60'. Flat follows arm that ends in a shallow bay. I fish the end of the flat where it rises steady to 25' and is inside turn.  get 20" female in first 15 minutes than nothing for next 1.5 hrs. Dropped line at 4pm dusk at 5:45. I know it could be million things but wondering what you all think?. Did i just happen to catch a transitioning walleye or is it worth going back to. Figured i would have more action fter hot strt. This was first time targeting this area and there is another flat that is a hump instead of drop off i might try next. Any feedback welcome.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: One and done????
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Should have been there yesterday!  ;D Is there anything to hold bait, rocks, wood, etc...........You may have started to late at 4PM. We were out last week and at 230PM fish were coming out of the water. Could not what for sunset. At sunset, nothing. LOL Fishing!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Salmonquest

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I once killed a gopher with a stick"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2014, 10:04 PM »
Yeah that's the way it goes. I thought that walleye were schooling fish so I figured I would at least get some more chasers. I did start jigging a buckshot next to it and I've heard that this can have an adverse affect. Probably should have stuck with what works.

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2014, 03:31 PM »
As Appleye said look for something to hold them, if there is  weedbed near by set up on the deeper edge of it.  I have caught WAY more Walleye on weedbeds in the winter than any kind of reef or sharp break.  Just some food for thought.  PS make sure your holes are drilled out way before sunset, at least an hour or two. Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.