Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Less Bulky Ice Suit

<< < (2/6) > >>

maximus4444:

--- Quote from: hardwater diehard on Jan 04, 2023, 01:38 PM ---Unless you can wait for the Striker Ice Skinny fit line up coming soon

--- End quote ---

Is this like the opposite end of the spectrum?  Is this the skinny jeans for ice fishing?  LOL

I'll have to see if I have a local retailer for Eskimo that carries the scout.  I'll check out the others too.

My problem is that I usually order XL because of the added length.  I'm 6'4".  So, if there was a company out there with Tall sizes, I'd do a Large Tall.  So if one of the manufacturers have a large that is long enough, I think that would probably be the best bet.

Buckshots:

--- Quote from: maximus4444 on Jan 04, 2023, 01:48 PM ---Is this like the opposite end of the spectrum?  Is this the skinny jeans for ice fishing?  LOL

I'll have to see if I have a local retailer for Eskimo that carries the scout.  I'll check out the others too.

My problem is that I usually order XL because of the added length.  I'm 6'4".  So, if there was a company out there with Tall sizes, I'd do a Large Tall.  So if one of the manufacturers have a large that is long enough, I think that would probably be the best bet.

--- End quote ---
The lower cuffs on the bibs on striker gear are adjustable to accommodate a size large on someone that is tall.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: maximus4444 on Jan 04, 2023, 01:48 PM ---Is this like the opposite end of the spectrum?  Is this the skinny jeans for ice fishing?  LOL

--- End quote ---

You should add your location to your profile ...could be a retailer or a deal near by or a Ice Shanty member may be close and you could have a meet for sizing . Striker ice makes tall sizes .

appleye:
I just purchased a Simms heavy insulated raingear for this same reason, plus cold rain. I would say there about 1/3 the weight of a Clam suit. They were on Sale from Fish USA at X-mas for 40% off. So far they are great had em out at 20 Degrees with light winds. Re-enforced knees. Great buy so far!

https://www.fishusa.com/Simms-Challenger-Insulated-Bibs/

maximus4444:

--- Quote from: hardwater diehard on Jan 04, 2023, 02:59 PM ---You should add your location to your profile ...could be a retailer or a deal near by or a Ice Shanty member may be close and you could have a meet for sizing . Striker ice makes tall sizes .

--- End quote ---

I'm in the greater Milwaukee area.  Just updated my location.  I guess I never even looked at that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version