Author Topic: Eskimo 42 ice rod storage locker  (Read 2904 times)

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
Eskimo 42 ice rod storage locker
« on: Mar 27, 2022, 11:03 AM »
Any reviews? Keeps rods safe? Backpack carry, etc…

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Eskimo 42 ice rod storage locker
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2022, 08:13 AM »
I have the 32", it's pretty nice, high quality. If anything, for a bag, it's a little heavy but it does protect the rods, in my smaller 32" version I pack in 4 jig/utility boxes, a foldable bump board, a plastics wallet, bottle of water, snacks, hand towel, and extra pair of gloves. The 42" has even more storage. The tubes are shaped in a way that they don't hang up taking them in and out and seems to work well. I used the backpack carry strap a few times, it's just a single strap, it works OK, I used it in a couple spots where it's a bit of a climb in and out so it's best to keep weight out of the sled.

I did find that the rods I have with really short grips, I think some of mine are 4", you need to make sure you are using the little securing loops so the rod does not slide all the way in and make the tip hit the end. I also have a rod with an 8" handle that barely fits. I would recommend checking your rods before ordering, if you had a rod with a split grip that is over 8" total, it would be worth asking Eskimo if it would fit, not sure if the 42" is different in that area than the 32" bag (probably is the same). I have used an inline reel and it was OK as far as fitting, on one of my 100 size reels, I have to make sure I have the handle reeled in pointing a certain way (or folded).

Eskimo has awesome customer support. The original bag I got had some stitching on the inside that was off, I probably could have fixed it or re-sewn it, but it was still new so I contacted them.  I took a couple pics and asked Eskimo if I could return it and exchange for a new one. No questions asked, didn't ask for a receipt, nothing, they sent out a new bag the next day.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2022, 08:48 AM »
May be a good deal

https://www.acmetools.com/42in-rod-locker-bag-w--no-snag-rod-tubes-39122/012642038259.html

Save $10 on Orders of $79+ with code: LARSONFARMS
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2022, 03:47 PM »
I hope they come out with a 48" or something down the road for my Elliott 44" rods. I thought about using a double gun case or something like that.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2022, 08:08 PM »
I have the flambeau hard case but want to get an Elliott 42-44 for hole hopping…which is why I’m looking. Also like the shoulder strap option for carrying on walk in trips.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2022, 09:33 AM »
I hope they come out with a 48" or something down the road for my Elliott 44" rods. I thought about using a double gun case or something like that.

Check out Up North Sports if you are looking for a rod bag for the 44" rods.  They have a case that fits up to the 48" rods.  The XL version is out of stock, but could be what you are looking for.  I ended up buying the 36" rod bag. 

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-accessories/ice-fishing-rod-cases/2b-xl-rod-gear-bag.html
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2022, 09:36 PM »
Check out Up North Sports if you are looking for a rod bag for the 44" rods.  They have a case that fits up to the 48" rods.  The XL version is out of stock, but could be what you are looking for.  I ended up buying the 36" rod bag. 

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-accessories/ice-fishing-rod-cases/2b-xl-rod-gear-bag.html

Oh very nice! I will have to give it a look if I go to an ice show next year!

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2022, 08:43 AM »
Oh very nice! I will have to give it a look if I go to an ice show next year!

I have the 2b case. Fits my 45” Elliott noodle no problem. Holds 4 rods rigged and ready. Room for tackle boxes, I never use them. Good quality. Sold my otter 48 deep as it’s just too big.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2022, 09:30 AM »
DO you have the 2B XL or the regular 2B?  I bought my son a regular 2B case and I really like it!   Holds 4 combos, up to 39 inches, tackle, light, and carries well with protection for gear.  I'd like to try the 2B XL but I think it only holds 3 combos?

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2022, 08:22 AM »
Looks like the 2B XL case is listed for 3 rods up to 48".  The 2B Rod & Gear bag will hold 4 rods up to 36". 

Depending on what size reels you have, if you can collapse the handles, you may be able to sneak another rod into the XL case. 

Did receive the 2B Rod & Gear bag and really like it.  Like others, I have used the Otter Sportsman.  I like this for storage, but it ends up being a little too large on trips. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2022, 02:20 PM »
I wonder if I could collapse handles and get 5-6 combos in the regular 2B case?  Those combos are 36 inches or less. 

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2022, 04:44 PM »
DO you have the 2B XL or the regular 2B?  I bought my son a regular 2B case and I really like it!   Holds 4 combos, up to 39 inches, tackle, light, and carries well with protection for gear.  I'd like to try the 2B XL but I think it only holds 3 combos?

Xl holds 4. Has 4 rod tubes in it.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2022, 07:59 AM »
Xl holds 4. Has 4 rod tubes in it.

The XL only has 3 tubes and holds 3 rods.  The regular 2B Rod and Gear bag holds 4 rods.  Here's the website for the XL:

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.