Author Topic: Is there a life to a QuickFish 3 Hub shelter?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
Is there a life to a QuickFish 3 Hub shelter?
« on: Mar 16, 2022, 04:49 PM »
I must have had the Quickfish for over a decade. Think i got it around 2010 when they first came out. Over the last couple years it was getting harder to open. Finally i think its not worth the effort. It is very hard to pull the hubs and also one hub always gets its panties all in a wad. It used to be when it got its panties all twisted i could pull out of it. Now it seems to be a lost cause. But i aint complaining too much about 10 years plus of use for $150 bought at Costco. Has anyone else's pooed the bed after years of use? I want a light shanty but all the flip overs are insulated now a days and weighs more than my aging bones wants to pull. And expensive AF.. So it seems like hubs are the only option. Unless  i luck into a used one or two man older uninsulated version flip.

Offline ChrisL

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Is there a life to a QuickFish 3 Hub shelter?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2022, 06:48 PM »
Give them a call, maybe some silicone spray in the joints?

Offline Miles59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2022, 07:21 PM »
I have found that the 4 corners must be aligned before opening. Meaning, the top 4 corners must align with the bottom 4 corners (where the spikes go). Before trying to open any hub. It is infinitely easier to open this way. I learned this after forcing it open and breaking a ceiling pole by the way.

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2022, 08:16 AM »
I have found that the 4 corners must be aligned before opening. Meaning, the top 4 corners must align with the bottom 4 corners (where the spikes go). Before trying to open any hub. It is infinitely easier to open this way. I learned this after forcing it open and breaking a ceiling pole by the way.

That's how I  do mine. I swear it was pretty easy to set up solo when I got the QF3 maybe 8 years ago, now I only want to set it up if I have a helper. There is definitely some rust on the pins where the poles attach to the hubs, I should try to clean and grease those.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2022, 05:47 PM »
I snapped 3 poles this winter trying to open mine.  It was all twisted up.   Got new poles and I'm hoping not to have that problem again.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline dearjimschmidt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jun 02, 2022, 06:55 AM »
Mine is from 2015 so far I've only replaced one pole due to grabbing it in a wind storm and added the clam hub light at the top pole intersection, also haven't had any hole or tears yet.
River City Baits - Fort Wayne Indiana

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.