Author Topic: Good budget spinning reels  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Remps17

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Good budget spinning reels
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2022, 09:23 PM »
Lots of good options Posted above. If your fishing in really cold weather out of your shack you might want to look into re-greasing those small reels with a cold weather grease. I have found a lot of the 500-1000 reels are more prone to sticking drag in cold weather. I have had larger reels stick too but I find the small ones are worse.

Something to think about.

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2022, 08:56 AM »
I have a few of the Sienna reels and can’t think of a bad thing to say about them.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:00 AM »
Agree with the above...have a herd of Shimano's, and only ever had one issue they immediately took care of. 
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:25 AM »
My vote goes to the Pflueger President models. I have several, and the 20 is what I like in the shanty.

Offline kas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 26, 2022, 01:27 PM »
Shimano’s all day. Best bang for your buck.

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2022, 04:04 PM »
Another Pfleuger Trion lover. I have 10 of them. Smooth drag that works great with 1lb line.

Offline isaaccarlson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2022, 04:24 PM »
Pflueger.  I have had one since I was an early teenager and it is still going strong.  Caught thousands and thousands of fish on it.  Everything from panfish to pike.  A little oil on the drag washers and it's a smoooooth drag.  Not jerky or catchy.  I caught a striper on it a few years ago.  I was after bass/walleye, and instead caught a submarine, lol.  He stripped line of that reel again and again.  Long runs in heavy current.  The reel functioned perfectly and didn't even get warm with the oiled drag.  I landed the fish, along with 3 walleye and had a great fish dinner.  I have no idea how many pike I have caught with it.  I took it to the boundary waters/canada and caught a crap load of fish there.  It's still my go-to rod/reel.  It's on a daiwa procaster-s.  An amazing combo for all fish species.  I have other rods too, but that is my oldest.  I have replaced a few guides over the years.  I tried a fenwick rod a couple years ago, but the eyes fell out of the guides before I got to the water.....There are other great reels, but try them before you buy. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.