Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1611593 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27780 on: May 23, 2022, 04:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 50* this am, high of 66 today. Glad to see the 90* temperatures have left the area for now!  :thumbsup:

Marv…thanks for sharing the video, plenty of visitors at the feeder’s!!  :clap:  We have been seeing some hummingbirds visiting daily now, thought they were mad at us or something for awhile, lol. Awesome job on the video!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…glad the neighbor helped you out with the tractor and some info on the property, excellent!  :clap:  Will look into the 2-4-D, found a huge patch of ivy Saturday while mowing. Glad the itching is almost under control.   :thumbsup:
  H2…hope your wife had a nice visit and glad she had safe travels. Best of luck today if you’re heading out chasing the walleyes!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…thought of you and Mr.WW yesterday as a big group of motorcycles passed by on a run…two trikes in the group.  ;D. Hope the garden survived with the downpours yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…nice job on the catching again!   :clap:
  Steve…wow, 96*…I’m sure you’ll be happier seeing the cooler temps this week as well. Believe it hit 92* here Saturday for the Opening Day of the Little League season and that was just brutal. One of the pitchers had to be rushed off the field from over heating and they were smart enough to get all the kids off the field after 4 innings.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope all is going well with the work, are the grandchildren playing baseball this season also?   :thumbsup:

On behalf of my family and myself, I’d like to express our Sincere appreciation and thanks to everyone for all the kind words, support and cards received on our Moms passing. They were very comforting in our time of need and helped us overcome the difficulties we faced.  Thank You Everyone… :bow:
  I will miss sharing the breakfast meetings with my Mom and brothers here with you all, but just knowing she is in a better place now brings me joy. We lost our Dad in 1973, so it’s been a long time for both of them to finally be reunited…  :thumbsup:
  Ok, back in the saddle again!  ;D    Off to help out the retirees club this morning with that tennis court job…glad it’s a nice cool day!!! Cawfee’s on gang…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27781 on: May 23, 2022, 04:36 AM »
Morning all,

Finished up the splitting/stacking yesterday despite the heat/humidity, glad that task's behind us now  :flex: ;)2  heading to the lake this morning to see if the eyes have started feeding yet  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27782 on: May 23, 2022, 04:47 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 48* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie........Good luck with the tennis court today. :flex: Yes, Emma and Carson are playing baseball this year. :flex:
                          Marv.........Thanks for sharing the video.  :clap: We use to have about a dozen hummingbirds visit our feeders but a couple of years
                 ago only 3 or 4 showed up. :o We don't know what happened to the others, maybe they didn't survive the trip. :unsure:
                          Wally.........I took my MIL and my wife's SIL to Martha's Saturday night for ice cream, they raved about it. :thumbsup:
                          H2l...........There should be some sort of law not to be able to fish where trout have been released. :whistle: I thought they released
                  fish in an inconspicuous place. :unsure:
                          Fish..........Good job on the fishing. :clap: There should be a marker for that boulder that close to the boat ramp. :unsure:
                          Steve.......That's hot, I bet you'll enjoy the cooler temperature today. :thumbsup:
                          Bud..........It seems that you have fit in well down there and the neighbors are willing to help you out. :clap:
                          I did get a chance to post Saturday and yesterday, I worked both days on a cabin that we are staining and painting the trim. Now the
                  next project is to chink between the logs with a silicone chinking.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27783 on: May 23, 2022, 04:59 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

40 degrees this morning, we may get to 65 by the afternoon.

Just a quick "Hello" as I have an early morning chiropractor appointment this morning. I could have cancelled it but figured one more time won't hurt anything. Then I need to dig my septic cover out for pumping tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day land or water :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy,

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27784 on: May 23, 2022, 05:49 AM »
Sunny 49* this morning. Yesterdays rain went all around us, have to water the lawn this morning. The new grass is coming in pretty good.
It was hot yesterday.
Have an appt for an eye exam this afternoon.
Not much else planned for today, be safe...h2l

WS, thanks for the video. Had a hummingbird in the garage yesterday.

Good morning WW, Eddie and IW.

WW, you have to be glad the wood in done.

Eddie, going to be a nice cool day!

IW, many fishermen have offered to take the fish out into the lake and dump them. Some years they do put them in before the lake starts to get busy. At the Northville launch they have stocked them before walleye season opens, that way there is NO fishing in that area until it does open. I think a lot of it is more of a "look what we are doing for the lake" thing.
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27785 on: May 23, 2022, 06:26 AM »
Morning all, 43° and clear here. We were at 90 on Friday, so quite a turnaround in the weather.

Getting to be that time of year where I'm online very little, between work, fishing, or shooting most of my time is occupied in the summers. Did some fishing yesterday, but with the cold front moving through the bite was pretty dead. I only managed one fish in about 3 hours.

I'm gonna have to pull the carb off the outboard and clean the jet again, it was wanting to stall out on me on my way back to the ramp yesterday. The main is so tiny, all it takes is a little speck of gunk to make it very unhappy 🙄

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27786 on: May 23, 2022, 07:49 AM »
38.1*  on the thermometer on the deck. There is a Freese Warning on the tip of the mitt. Just a frost warning here.

Marv I stopped at a friend's one time. There had to be over 25 hummers at his feeders. What a show to watch.

Digging out the septic tank should do away with needing the chiropractor. Or maybe you will need it after you get it dug out.

Bud We have had a couple of friends move to Tenn. They love it. Another couple went down to look around. He is a welder. He was offered two jobs to start the next day. They will be moving down there.

The boy that was attacked by the pitbulls is doing good. They are having trouble getting him to eat with his broken jaw wired shut. Plus he can not figure out why they will not let him do much. Getting enough nutrients into smoothies is hard. The wife suggested to his mother that she should try putting powdered peanut butter in them. His mother did not know it existed so it going to try it.

Time to hit the road. We have to stop at the senior center and make sure the tables are set up right. Then down to the city to a couple of cemetaries to decorate graves.

Gaylord was destroyed by that tornado. It totally destroyed a mobile home park. At least the power has been restored

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27787 on: May 23, 2022, 08:45 AM »
Good Morning Crew,  Awakened to rain drops, so heading out to work the new broken ground doesn't sound like a good idea. Over night temp think was 64* even with some rain. Sitting at 65 now, and not sure when the falling moisture is do to head east or north.  Guessers saying after 3:00 PM 

Jeff:  I think that's the locals attitude, some might think, your a jerk, and resent "Yankees" moving in.  But on the other hand, if they think your not going to harm "their" land. Its a neighborly thing to do is welcome you, until you prove to them otherwise. Like asking for suggestions on what weed killer to use. Or where to find where they shop. The neighbor had his lets say grown son with (late 40's ?) they had been working at the fire station on a new addition. And of course would not accept any money, and made it clear I would have to whip both of them, if I pressed the issue.

Z, what size motor ?  Just one carb ?

H2L  What hummingbirds were at the one feeder here seem to have moved on ?  I know they do migrate.  So may be on their way somewhere else.

Marv glad I haven't needed a bone crusher.  But the thought of a Massage now and then sounds more appealing.

WW, the picture of the wood pile is that just a fraction of what you use for a year ?

In the conversation with the "son" he had also been in Law enforcement, and said a lot of neibhbors don't have much of a garden anymore due to being raided by deer, groundhogs, and any other that likes young garden plants.  So far nothing has been after what is already established. So best at least fence of some of it. and do early and late patrols, .,.,Now where'd I put that trail cam ?  the one that hasn't been out of the box. When I do find it I hope there's instructions on how to best use it, haven't ever use one. Who says you cant teach and old dog new tricks ???  Might be having the the afternoon coffee give way to iced tea.

hope everyones day goes well. Gpod late morning Tom. see it only took me an hour to type this.  and when the warning pops up that someone has posted I scroll down to check in before hitting "Post"

Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27788 on: May 23, 2022, 09:07 AM »
IFF - it's 2.5hp. Single cylinder, single carb. I've had to clean it out before. The hardest part is getting the thing back on, not much room between the cowling and block.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27789 on: May 23, 2022, 10:14 AM »
Good day more comfortable temperature in the lower sixties currently heading to a high of 71 . Believe new high temperature records may have be reached on both Saturday and Sunday. When I went out to grocery shop at 6 PM on Saturday night it was ninety degrees. Temperature in my apartment reached eighty  i ran on AC unit for around one hour yesterday found out I nedd to make a service appointment as the unit did not blow cool air after around one hour of operation hopefully only needs a recharge to system. A belated Happy anniversary to the 9:45 thread reached 8 years back on May 20 TH.
Looking at local news found story about bear entering a camp site in Harriman State Park (south of me near NY.-NJ. border it pulled/grabbed a sleeping bag with a 12 year old boy scout inside of bag at around 1:20 AM he screamed and kicked at the bear chasing it away. Bear did not go far and return to campsite around 3:30,4 AM and had to be chased  off by scout master and other adults with the troop. Thankfully the young scout only had some scares and bruises he did receive a series of rabies shots as a precautionary messure. the Scout group was from Cooperstown,NY. area. Incident reported to park police and NY.DEC  because of the bear's behavior it was considered a problem animal and a search was done to find it  on may 5TH the bear was euthanized. Date of attack/encounter was may 1ST.
Also for those interested in the opinion section of Newspaper's website is article/editorial about two female Newburgh school district employees who filed the sexual harassment charges against the district superintendent last August both ladies eventually choose to end their employment with the district.
IFF nice of the neighbor to offer his help with your garden and inform you about wildlife visitors once things start to grow. Also good that you now have location of septic tanks and leech field lines. Good to hear your poison ivy infection is healing.
Eddie think all of us who had ninety or higher degree temperatures this weekend are happy to see things cooler today. Good to read they stopped the little league game early may they young pitcher be alright after having to leave game because of heat related problems.
Much nicer weather to work on tennis court today.
Wallyworld Best to the two of you on today's fishing trip. Good job with the fire wood assume you took several breaks and had plenty of water or other beverages on hand.
Ice Wanderer may Emma and Carson have a fun season playing little league baseball. Possibly the humming birds have found a new location with more food sources in your area so you see fewer of them now then in past years. I will have to do an internet search on Martha's glad your visitor's enjoy their ice cream . I figured you had a busy weekend between your house guests and helping neighbor with the cabin.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the video I see your property still has several types of wild life visitors. may all go well with the septic system work and you not need a second chiropractor appointment after digging up ground to expose the tank's cover.
Hunts2long happy for you that newly seeded yard section is growing and starting to fill in area.
ZCM-82 may you have the boat motor repaired and ready for the next trip. You are always welcome here in the 9:45 thread so post when you find the time.

Link to Newspaper website scroll down home page to find opinion section and editorial on school district Bear story is featured at top of home page.   www.recordonline.com

May everyone have a good Monday. remember to stay hydrated as we start to deal with Summer temperatures and weather.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27790 on: May 24, 2022, 04:01 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....how's the tennis court coming along  ???

IFF.....there's roughly 20 face cord under the lean to, we typically burn about 17-18 face cord a season   ;)

WS....hope the digging went well yesterday :flex:

IW.....I was surprised to see how BIG Martha's is  :o 

MrC....it is nice to be back to more spring like weather  :thumbsup:

H2L....surface temp on Oneida was 61*  @)

Couldn't find anything but short eyes yesterday  ::)  going to the big lake today to look for some browns  :clap:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27791 on: May 24, 2022, 05:26 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                           It's 47* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Wally.........Good luck searching the big lake for Browns. :thumbsup: I bet your glad the wood is done. :flex:
                           Eddie.........How did the tennis court turn out? ???
                           Marv..........Tom is right, soometimes when I'm stiff getting bsack to work helps out. :whistle:
                           Zcm...........It's good to stay busy but thee is always time for a post here. :woot:
                           Bud............The new garden area looks great. :clap:
                           H2l.............It looks like you'll be watering the new grass until Friday. :unsure:
                           Steve..........I was going to post something on the 20th to coumarate the anniversary of our morning addiction but it slipped my mind. Thanks Dom for
                Starting the best thread on the internet. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                           Yesterday my wife and I planted most of her garden, just a few more things to get in.
                           Today, I have to take down the gutter on the front of our house and pitch it to the opposite end of the house.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27792 on: May 24, 2022, 05:53 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

48 with a high in the mid 60's by this afternoon. Rain moving in tonight with guessers calling for an all day soaker tomorrow.

WW...Best of luck with the Browns :thumbsup: The digging went fine. The first time I did it 30 years ago I had to dig down 5' to find the cover. We had them build it up with a couple collar's on the tank so now I only have to go down 3"-4". It was money well spent.

IW...Good job on the garden work :thumbsup: I agree, I always feel best when working. Unfortunately I can't keep going around the clock, I get pooped;D

Just puttering today while waiting on the pumper to show, they said between 10am- noon. We are heading to the shack Thursday for a couple days. The girls will spend their time fishing and I have a few things on my list to get done. I need to clean the chimney and then have 4 oak trees picked out that I will  knockdown and cut up for firewood.

Time for a walk.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27793 on: May 24, 2022, 06:32 AM »
Morning all, 48° and mostly cloudy with a forecast of 76 and rain later in the afternoon.

Got the carb cleaned for the outboard yesterday, then went out and did a bit of fishing after. The bite was slow, but the weather was just about perfect, so it was a decent trip. I got a couple redhorse, and little man caught one. They're spawning now, they all had those knobby bumps all over their heads.

WS - good luck with your pooper pumping  :roflmao: I need to get mine done soon too, the drains are getting slow. Maybe next payday... property taxes are due this payday, yippee  ::)

IW - I'm just not online much in general in the summers compared to the rest of the year,  not just IS specifically.

mr.clean - glad to hear the kid wasn't badly hurt.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27794 on: May 24, 2022, 06:38 AM »
49* and some clouds.
IW, could use a day or two of nice rain. The real stuff seems to work a lot better. It's coming in but not real fast.
WW, thanks for the temp. update. I am surprised on how many fishermen, coming off the lake don't know the water temp. That is the first thing I look at when the Helix comes on line.
Eye Dr. says I have to have cataracts removed but won't be able to set that up until end of June.
Not much planned for today, water yard and get worms for my "big" day on the water.
Have a good on and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27795 on: May 24, 2022, 06:53 AM »
49* and some clouds.
IW, could use a day or two of nice rain. The real stuff seems to work a lot better. It's coming in but not real fast.

H2l.......Rain water contains vitamin B12. Not sure if that's why the grass or plants do better than well water.

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27796 on: May 24, 2022, 10:51 AM »
Well a quick post, Fishing Sunday was slow, lost 5 and caught one rainbow.  Work was busy yesterday had and HVAC issue on the cleanroom and could not keep the temp were it needed to be for running our instruments, but got that fixed and along with that there were plant issues so had to stay late analyzing so we could store product but did not get around a computer much with everything going on.  Well have a great Tuesday everyone only a few more before the long weekend, well long week for me as we fly Saturday to help move from Texas to Florida.  Have a great week everyone.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27797 on: May 24, 2022, 04:22 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Been dealing with Drs appointments for me and my wife. I hope everyone had a good day. Prayers and thoughts for all the victims in the shooting in Texas.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27798 on: May 24, 2022, 05:58 PM »
Thoughts and prayers for all those lives lost at the school in Texas  :'( :'( such a terrible tragedy  :'( :'( we as a country truly need to find a way to stop these things from happening   :(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27799 on: May 24, 2022, 07:32 PM »
Thoughts and prayers for all those lives lost at the school in Texas  :'( :'( such a terrible tragedy  :'( :'( we as a country truly need to find a way to stop these things from happening   :(

X 2 WW

The count just keeps climbing.

Truly a sad day.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27800 on: May 25, 2022, 04:48 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 50* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           I agree with WW an Marv, it's a tragic thing that has happened in Texas. Those innocent people didn't deserve what happened to them. :(

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27801 on: May 25, 2022, 05:13 AM »
49* and sunny. Mist coming off the water.
I just can't believe the nuts of the world. Prayers for all involved.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27802 on: May 25, 2022, 05:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  Partly cloudy skies and 49* this am, high of 71 forecasted. Late on the rise yesterday and just didn’t get a chance to post before heading out the door for another round of concrete..R & R day today.   ;D

Happy be-lated 8th Anniversary to the 9:45 thread and all of the wonderful people who have been a part of it and keeping it going….Thank You Dom, who would have thought that question you asked on page 1 would develop into something like this!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Thoughts and prayers to all involved in the Texas shooting, don’t even know the words to use anymore on these senseless attacks.

Wally…hope the Browns cooperated yesterday, bang up job on the woodpile!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  I-45…sending best wishes, thoughts and prayers to both of you getting past the hurdles you face. Stay strong..   :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope the rest of the week goes better for you at the plant.   :thumbsup:
  H2…best of luck finding those walleyes, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Z…glad you got the motor back in shape and some decent weather finally…good job on the fishing!   :clap:
  Marv…hope the pumping went well yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Found a few spots on my arm from that patch of poison ivy I discovered..must have hit some with the weed whacker.
  Jeff…glad to read the garden is in, that’s on my agenda today!    :thumbsup:

The tennis court job went really well, started pumping concrete at 7am and had it all in by 11…85 yards. Finished up by 3:30 and had enough time to see my grandson play another baseball game…long day, lol.
  Poured a small patio yesterday with a buddy, perfect size job, lol, only 6 yards.  ;D
  Heading out to the garden soon, have 2 raised beds planted and 2 ready to go….Cawfee’s on!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27803 on: May 25, 2022, 09:51 PM »
Good Evening nice day here weather wise with afternoon high in the middle seventies with sunshine and a light breeze. My prayers added to all the others for victims,families and friends in Texas elementary school shooting. Sectional Championship play-offs have started for Spring sports here in New York ,yesterday afternoon I attended a class B semi-final game between Cornwall and Minisink valley high schools. Sadly Cornwall's season ended with an 8 to 5 loss Minisink Valley will go one to play this Saturday in the Championship game. Section Champions advance to State tournament where they plays teams from either section one or section two,most years this is where section nine team's seasons end as currently we are not on the same level competitively as the other sections teams.
Ice Wanderer  curious as to why you are changing the direction your front porch rain gutter is pitched to drain towards not something I've heard of being done that often guessing possible errossion problems. Nice that majority of your garden is now planted.
Wallyworld hope the trip to lake Ontario yielded a good day of fishing.
May the septic tank pump out be completed glad you do not have to dig down that deep to expose the tank's cover. may you have a safe trip to the shack and find things in good order upon your arrival. Best to you with your projects and to the girls with their fishing.
Zcm-82 happy to read you cleaned out the outboard motor's carb and engine is running good for you now. I"m glad also it was a good outcome for the boy scout.
hunts2long may you receive some rain in your area of Ny. so you can get a break from watering the newly seeded lawn section.
fish/hunt4ever may conditions have improved at work and the HVC system and other equipment be working properly. I know once you start certain chemical processes you can not stop them so equipment problems can mean having to reject a batch of the highly refined sulfuric acid your employer manufactures .
Icefisher-45 may the two of you get some good news from your various doctors.
Eddie good to hear the concrete pour went well may today's smaller job have seen similar results. Nice that you were able to attend grandson's baseball game.

Since many of you are parents and grandparents encourage all of you to take advantage or tell grandchildren's parents to take advantage of any school resources offered to help students/children deal with the Texas school shooting. looking for information on the shooting this morning visited NBC's New York City affiliate's website besides stories on the shooting there was a story with video of interview with boy scout involved in the Harriman State park bear encounter. This past may 14Th a 50 mile ultra-marathon race called Rock the Ridge was held on the grounds of Mohonk Nature Preserve in New Paltz,NY. area(Ulster county). the race started at 6 AM and runners/relay teams had up to 18 hours to complete the course.during the race one female runner had two bear encounters the first around 13 miles into the race this bear did not seem concern with her or other runners. The second encounter was after  sunset around 46 miles into the race afte hearing some noise the runner spotted two young bears cubs scrambling up a tree thanks to her headlamp. She then spotted their mother who looked like she may attack so runner pulled out her cell phone and called a friend asking them to contact a park ranger. While the runner kept a watch on the mother bear and waited for a ranger eight other runners reached her location on the course and also stopped to wait for the ranger. When the ranger finally arrived and tried to scare off the bear it just get more upset  so the group of runners carefully made their way around ranger's truck and completed the race.the female runner finished course in sixteen
plus hours. once again thankfully no one was hurt and in this case the bears are still alive.

Links to NBC's NYC stations and my local newspaper for bear story.        www.nbcny.com   www.recordonline.com

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27804 on: May 26, 2022, 04:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looks like a repeat of yesterday’s weather here today, 51* to start the day off, high of 71.

Steve…sorry the Cornwall team couldn’t pull off the win, better luck to them next season.  :thumbsup:  Glad to read all ended well with the marathon and nobody was attacked by the bears…especially with the cubs close by, yikes!
  Dave…how is everything going for you up in the great North? Hope the ice has lifted by now!   :thumbsup:

Took a peak at the 10 day forecast earlier, looks like mid to upper 80’s will be arriving on Monday.
  The garden is in for the most part, just a few plants left over that will go in containers today. The grass is ready for another trim so that will be on the planner today…. Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27805 on: May 26, 2022, 04:51 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

44 degrees may see 64 later today, the rain is over for a couple days.

Eddie...Good going with your garden :thumbsup: I will have grass detail upon my return.

Just a quick "Hello" before getting on the road heading to the shack. The girls have a list of potential lakes to try, not sure what direction they will head today.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27806 on: May 26, 2022, 04:52 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 56* and cloudy here on my hill, It seems the nice weather is gone for a couple of days. ::)
                        Steve........The gutters drained to a garden that my wife wants to use for some spices she planted. I was going to run a down spout
                but it would have to cross my front porch opening, it would have looked funny. :woot:
                        Eddie........I hope you were able to get the rest of your garden planted. :unsure:
                        Marv.........I hope the septic tank wasn't too far down? ??? When I worked for the environmental company a co worker had to dig his up
               and hated doing it. So he got a manhole frame and cover and cemented to his tank for easy access. :o Have a good trip to "The Shack"
                        Wally........I be checking in later to see how you did on Ontario. :whistle:
                        H2l..........The guessers are saying rain tonight in to tomorrow. :blink:
                        Zcm........ Good fix to your outboard motor. :thumbsup:
                        Fish.........I know that temperature control is important for high tech machines to work properly, hope the problem was rectified quickly. :unsure:
                        Yesterday was just a puttering day around the property, weed whacked some brush and watered my lawn, wow how it has grown after I
               fertilized it 2 weeks ago. Duh
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27807 on: May 26, 2022, 05:12 AM »
57* and cloudy.
Eddie, good to hear that the garden is about in.
WS, enjoy your time at the shack.
IW, hope we get that rain

I kept the skunk out of the boat but not by much, 2 16" walleyes and a perch, had 4 or 5 other hits but missed them. Water temp warmed from 64* to 68* while out there. My body feels like I spent all day fishing, not just 5 hours. I think a lot of it is the Sun.

Going to be watering in a little while, have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27808 on: May 26, 2022, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

WS....safe travels, enjoy the shack time, hope the bite is on  :thumbsup:

H2L.....congrats on the catching  :flex:  water temp on Delta was 65*

Eddie....hope the grandson's team is doing well  ;)

IW.....the grass is out of control , needs mowing about every 4 days WITHOUT any fertilizer  :wacko:

IFF....fingers crossed the rash/blisters have healed  :unsure:

Ontario on Tuesday was a bust, 5+ hours never moved a rod  :(  got blown off when the 1 foot or less waves from the SE turned into 3-4 footers from the NE, long ride back to the launch  :o  yesterday we tried Lake Delta, landed a very healthy 20" eye right off quick, missed a couple other hits, nothing else  :-\  gave the eye to 2 guys at the launch that didn't have any luck, they were pretty happy  :thumbsup:  got the hay field we call lawn knocked down again yesterday afternoon, 7 days between mowings is WAY too long  :nono:  some errands/chores on the agenda today after mostly just goofing off the last 3 days days  :whistle:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27809 on: May 26, 2022, 11:09 AM »
Looks like Mr Soggy slipped in during the dark spell. Good soaking rain for most of the day. 

I think most of us can agree some more than what’s been done to date about mass killings. My take is there is no reason to have assault weapons outside of lawful military. If like in Texas he would have to reload a black powder, he than could be stopped before before firing so many rounds.

WW yes the healing is about complete, now if I can just the deer flies to leave me alone.  Is mosquito spray a good choice for the flies ?
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.