Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1619402 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27630 on: May 07, 2022, 06:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 42*, breezy this am, high of 53 today.

Wally…great picture, just never know what you might catch on film, lol.  :clap:  Gift card suggestion was/is a safe bet…stopped at LL Bean yesterday in my travels, have one more stop today after breakfast.   ;D
  Steve…that rain stayed just South of us yesterday, no complaints here! Hope the wiper’s hold on until the new ones arrive, always something it seems with these newer vehicles.  :thumbsup:
  Bud…wow, ouch on both the Mini Cooper and the disconnect boxes! Hopefully you can find the electrical parts next trip to Wisconsin…the Mini I’m not sure about, is it worth putting that kind of $$ into? Best of luck with both!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…safe travels tomorrow and best wishes sent to your MIL for her procedure!  :thumbsup:
  Z…hope the rain is moving out, tough being cooped up in the house when things aren’t running so smoothly…hang in there!   ;D
  H2…with all the sales going on today, imagine the furniture will disappear quickly with a “ free “ sign on it…good luck!     Hope the ladies find something special today… :thumbsup:

We had chicken barbecue for dinner last evening, the grandchildren’s school was putting on a fund raiser…they did a pretty good job, haven’t had that in awhile.
  Off to breakfast and one quick stop to search for those figurines again, lol.   Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27631 on: May 07, 2022, 07:23 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

50 heading to 70 by the afternoon.

Just a quick "Hello" before heading to the s-i-l's for operation stumps. It shouldn't be too bad, looking forward to seeing one of the kids I used to work with.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27632 on: May 07, 2022, 07:37 AM »

Good Morning ER's hope all are well. City wide garage sale weekend in the next city North. I did pretty good a Coleman 508 1 burner stove, a 3 pack of socks, a set of creepers and safety glasses the first 3 new. !0.25    Might go back today for a 10.00 mora 2 piece auger. WW that pic is cool.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27633 on: May 07, 2022, 09:05 AM »
Good morning ER’s. A cool down to a misty morning 54* almost want to light up the fireplace. 

Marv. Cool picture for sure. Good luck with the stumps.

OG That’s a nice score on the sale items

See an add on local Craig’s list for an auction today that has a couple tractors  but short notice so will have to pass on that one. No time to do the homework for what the values should be

Coffees on
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27634 on: May 07, 2022, 11:41 AM »
Good afternoon  Everyone, 50 Degrees here and cloudy. The landlord is here to put numbers on the side of the house and I think to start taking the mothers stuff out. They sold this house in 2 days. We get to stay supposedly till the end of our lease in August.

WallyWorld, That was a great picture. Hope you have a great day

Hunts2Long. Happy early mothers day to your wife. Hope they find good things in the market.

MasonEddie, Kids around here don't put on chicken barbecues. Sounds like it was a good time. Good luck finding the figurines.

Whopper Stopper, Have a safe day. Do you grind the stumps down?

Old Goat, Sounds like you were successfull at the yard sale.

Iff, Hope you have a good day.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day. Tight lines to those on the water today.   
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27635 on: May 07, 2022, 02:06 PM »
Beautiful spring day up here in the North country.
37* and blowing 30-40mph with a bunch of rain thrown in to add to the fun. Calling for up to an inch of rain here.
Supposed to turn to snow later today and we are supposed to get 4" of snow, but on the South side of the lake they are calling for 8".

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27636 on: May 07, 2022, 03:59 PM »
3" wet snow in Whitehorse - I feel you Drifter!  Good morning for some OT craning heat pumps onto a roof!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27637 on: May 07, 2022, 05:13 PM »
Well seen 66 today but the wind turbine was kicked in by the time we hit the lake so could not get the boat in there and then went over to the big lake to see I we could get in and do some fishing, not as big of waves but the wife did not want to fight the waves. Stopped and fished off the shore for a bit the wife had 2 bites and nothing for me, seen a couple trout cruise by the shore and one chased the jig for a bit but no bite. The boy made friends with a girl that was there and they played the whole time we stayed. Got home tilled the garden spot to get ready for manure and then another tilling. Have a great end of Saturday and a great mother's day Sunday tomorrow everyone.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27638 on: May 08, 2022, 04:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   :bow:  Wishing all the Moms a Very Happy Mothers Day!!   :bow:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27639 on: May 08, 2022, 04:31 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                    In following Eddie, I want to wish all the moms out there a very Happy Mothers Day. :bow:

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27640 on: May 08, 2022, 04:52 AM »
Happy Mother’s Day Pat and to all the other mothers.. 

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27641 on: May 08, 2022, 05:13 AM »

Good Morning ER's  Happy Mothers Day to all moms.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27642 on: May 08, 2022, 06:13 AM »
Wishing all Mom's a Happy Mothers day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27643 on: May 08, 2022, 06:36 AM »
Happy Mother's Day Pat and all the other moms out there!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27644 on: May 08, 2022, 06:57 AM »
Happy Mothers Day WW.

Happy Mothers Days to all the Moms!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27645 on: May 08, 2022, 08:28 AM »
Happy Mothers day Pat, and to all Mom's out there let the Festivities begin.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27646 on: May 08, 2022, 10:50 AM »
Thanks again fellas  :bow: :bow:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27647 on: May 08, 2022, 11:19 AM »
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mothers out there today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27648 on: May 08, 2022, 11:53 AM »
Good Day, I will ad my Mother's Day greting to all the other for Wallyworld(Pat) and all of the other mothers may all of you ladies have a nice day. Currently 55 heading to a high of sixty with 10-20 mph winds. Thankfully no rain forecast for today. Tomorrow things warm up with high near 70 and extended forecast showing temperatures near 80 later in the week. My sister and BIL had something planed for today so I made the trip to Northern New Jersey yesterday afternoon and spent a few hours with them. The drive down was challenging as the closer i got to their home they heavier rain came down thankfully I arrived safely. There was another Recall letter from GMC in my mailbox yesterday assumed it would tell me the had the windshield wiper parts in stock and to contact local dealership to schedule to repair. No such luck new recall involving the headlights even when one low beam they cast light to oncoming vehicles in such a way that it distracts/blinds the vehicle driver once again no parts to repair this problem in stock.
Wallyworld thank you for the game camera photo guess the local deer are enjoying the newly emerged tree leaves.
Hunts2long did you get any reports from the GSLFF Spring fishing contest. Did your wife and daughters find any items at the Village Sale.
Eddie may you wife be happy with your Mother's day presents. I hope the chicken BBQ was well attended and raise a fair amount of money.
Whooper Stopper I assume all went well with the stump grinding and clean up at your SIL's. May you not feel to sore today.
Old Goat nice score at the "Garbage Sale"  I hope the auger was still there if you went back yesterday.
IFF you should see what tractor dealerships are closer to you and the brand/brands they seel and service.
Icefisher-45 maybe the new property owner will decide to extended your lease and safe you from searching for a new home and all the hassles of moving. May this past week have been a good one for you and your wife.
Drifter almost shorts and T-shirt weather for you folks in the NWT of Canada.  ;D If you went to the cabin for weekend may some more things have gotten removed from the to do list.
Gorf37 welcome to the (:45 thread. May all have gone well moving the heat pumps.
Fish/hunt4ever good that you were able to fish from the shoreline after find each lake to windy/big waves to launch your boat.

Have a good Sunday.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27649 on: May 09, 2022, 04:24 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello before heading to the lake  :thumbsup:  fingers crossed we find some hungry fish today  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27650 on: May 09, 2022, 04:41 AM »
Good morning WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

58 degrees may see 75 later this afternoon. The wind is already gusting to over 30mph.

WW...Best of luck on the water today :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope you had a good Mothers Day :thumbsup:

I am off for a walk in a bit, then a couple errands. I was going to start a tree job today but due to winds I will have to hold off.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27651 on: May 09, 2022, 05:17 AM »
Morning all, 51° anr breezy today with a forecast of 78 and sun for afternoon.

The months long string of wet, crappy weather has finally broken here. It hasn't rained since Saturday morning, and it isn't supposed to rain again until this coming Sunday. That should get the rivers backed down enough to finally get the boat out again this week. It is supposed to be pretty warm though, 86 tomorrow, 92° Wednesday and 88 Thursday. Turned on a dime from cold and wet to hot and sunny.

The FIL's full last day here is today. The visit has gone better than they usually do, so hopefully that train doesn't jump the tracks before he heads off tomorrow morning.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27652 on: May 09, 2022, 05:33 AM »

Good morning everyone,
                          It's 33* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Wally.........I hope you and Mr. WW have a good day on the lake. :flex:
                          Marv.........Good idea holding off on the tree job, those winds can cause trouble for a tree guy. :thumbsup:
                          Zcm.........I'm glad to hear that you're in a dry spell for a change. :clap: I think we're in that same dry spell as well. :whistle:
                          Eddie.......I trust you had a good breakfast with your mother yesterday. :thumbsup:
                          Steve.......Can't the headlight just be adjusted so it shine in to oncoming traffic? ???
                          H2l..........So how much stuff did your wife and daughter find at the sale. :unsure: When is the maiden voyage for your boat? ???
                          Bud.........Good luck on the tractor hunt, I'm sure there are a lot out that way. :unsure:
                          Yesterday was a beautiful day here, I got some outside work done.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work r out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27653 on: May 09, 2022, 05:58 AM »
36* and sunny.

Contest results, Pilke 44", Walleye 17 1/4" and Trout 17" Brown. Done think many people fished, it was pretty windy out there.

The wife found some pretty old Nancy Drew books for .50 cents each. All in great shape; and a CROCK POT, like we need another one. This one is better than the one we have, it has a glass lid and the POT comes out so it is easier for me to wash so she says.

I think the wife is planning a trip this week to Rochester to see her Sister and go to see the Lilacs'.

WW, hope you find those active fish today.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27654 on: May 09, 2022, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  36* and clear, warming up to 67 today.

H2…thanks for the results, enjoy that new crockpot!   ;D  :thumbsup:  Taking the boat out this week?
  Jeff…yes, had a nice breakfast with my Mom yesterday…meet up with 2 brothers and a BIL there.  ;D  Glad you got some of your outside work done, it was a really nice day to be outdoors!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day yesterday! Best of luck to you and Mr.WW with today’s trip!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…enjoy your walk this morning, good idea holding off on the tree job…how did the stump grinding go?   :thumbsup:
  Z…glad to read things have been going well, some warmer days moving in here this week also…nothing in the 90* range though, yikes!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…glad you had a safe trip to your sisters, hope she enjoyed her day yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Good luck with the recalls, hopefully the new parts will be in stock soon.
  Dom…hope the nice weather yesterday brought out the customers and the cash registers were ringing!   :thumbsup:

We had a nice day yesterday, weather was beautiful for a cookout and for the little ones to play outside in the fresh air.
  Off to breakfast with my Mom again this morning, have a job penned in for tomorrow and Wednesday.
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27655 on: May 09, 2022, 07:19 AM »
Good morning everyone, 42 degrees here and windy. Nothing much planned for today. No Drs appointments so hopefully my wife will be able to sleep late today.

WallyWorld, Good luck on the water today. Hopefully the fish are biting.

MasonEddie, Glad your wife enjoyed her gifts. Fresh air is always good for kids. Have a good breakfast with your mom.

Hunts2long, Thank you for the report on the contest. My wife has several crock pots and says you can’t have to many. Good find on the Nancy Drew Mystery’s. Hope you get out on the water soon.

Mr Clean, Hopefully you get the recall parts in this week.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a good and uneventful day.

Whopper Stopper, It’s definitely no fun doing tree work when it’s windy out.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27656 on: May 09, 2022, 07:21 AM »
Marv…enjoy your walk this morning, good idea holding off on the tree job…how did the stump grinding go?   :thumbsup:

It actually looks like the tree job will be pushed off until next week. The guys yard is very nice but also very soft, this whole week looks wet.

The stumps went well. I was able to keep up with the grinding and we finished by early afternoon. Yesterday was a slow moving day and I still have a couple kinks this morning Lol

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27657 on: May 09, 2022, 09:01 AM »
Well yesterday was a great day with the wife and family, took the Mother-In-law over to Casper and had a great lunch at Olive Garden.  Visited for a bit and then grabbed the couch and brother in laws truck and the wife drove that and I drove the jeep home, now she is headed back for the Mother in law procedure and then home again and then she gets the joy of riding with me back over so I can catch a plane and she can drive home, then I fly back into the home town airport Friday. Well better get back to it since I am the only Lab staff at the plant today as my coworkers parents came to town this weekend and he took an extra day off to spend with them which is good.  Have a great Monday hope the fish are hungry and the weather gets better, windy her again the only decent day for the lake was yesterday as I was not able to get out.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27658 on: May 09, 2022, 09:45 PM »
Good evening, Pleasant day here weather wise with a high near seventy  still seeing winds in the 10 to 20 mph range. Looking at the news I see my state's governor Kathy Hochul has tested positive for Covid-19 and will be isolating herself this week. In local news after a fire in early April destroyed the building housing the kitchen and dinning hall plus damaged other building the Ukrainian-American Youth Association camp in Ellenville,NY. (Western Ulster county/partof New York's Catskill mountain region) will not be opening this Summer This camp served youth from through-out the North East.
 In local sports news a 16 year old sophmore wrestler  from the western part of my county (Minisink Valley/Orange) has made the under 17 u.S. team and will be competing at the world championships in Rome,Italy this July 25-31. Young man's name is Zack Ryder he wrestles at 80 kilograms (176.6 pounds).
Icewanderer I tried to summerise the wording of recall notice had same thought about the headlights. I may not have explained the problem correctly.
Hunts2long thank you for the results from GSLFF spring fishing contest. May your wife enjoy the Nancy Drew books.
Eddie nice to read you had a good Mother's day breakfast visit my your mom,brothers and BIL. I'm more concerned about the windshield wiper system recall on my GMC Terrain,during Saturday's drive to my siste rand BIL's was thinking please don't fail now when I was driving in the heavy rain.
Icefisher-45 if warmer temperatures and dry weather is in the forecast for your area this week may the two of you and Mr.Dickens find some time to get outside.
Wallyworld may the fish have been in an active mood today.
Whopper Stopper between the soft ground and today's high winds in your area smart to delay the tree job. May the ground dry out and winds end so you can get the job done next week.
Zcm_82 may your FIL have a safe and problem free trip back to Florida. Good to hear you will see a stretch of nice weather with warmer temperatures i hope you can get out with your boat during this weather period.
Fish/hunt4ever may your MIL's procedure have gone well today. May your flight/flights tomorrow be problem free and you arrive safely at your destination.

A good night wished for everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27659 on: May 10, 2022, 04:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone
  Clear and calm 40*, coyotes are talking up a storm this morning, high of 70 here today.

Steve…best of luck to Zack at the World Championships, will be looking forward to an update… :clap: 
  FH4…hope your MIL’s procedure went well yesterday and the planes are on schedule today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad everything went well with the stump grinding and hope you’re feeling better from the workout!   :thumbsup:
Got a feeling I’ll be putting the Epsom salts to good use after today and tomorrow’s retirement project, lol.
  I-45…nice to see you posting again Sir! Hope you had a chance to enjoy the day with your wife and Mr.Dickens outside yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…how did the cabin trip go for you? 
  Jeff…looking like some good boating weather this week, any thoughts on taking the pontoon out?   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope Lake Ontario was kind to you yesterday, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:

Meeting up with the retirement club again today…project retaining wall, laying landscaping blocks. Not very fond of the ones we will be laying as they are real heavy, but at least there won’t be some screaming maniac contractor trying to push the pace…those days are definitely over with now, lol.   ;D
  Well, time to start getting ready, see gas was on the rise again yesterday…” Let’s Go Brandon “ …Cawfee’s on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.