Author Topic: LBDN  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
LBDN
« on: Jan 16, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Heading down there this Sat will let you know how we do..
Only in the U.P.  (You can take man out of the U.P. but can't take the U.P. out of the Man)

Offline Cooley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LBDN
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Let us know.With pics.  Good luck!
How many men does it take to open a beer,
None...it's open when she brings it! ! !

Offline Amuzme2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Our crew will be there Sat also.

I'll be the one in a Green Otter Magnum lodge flying past you at 37MPH in the wind...
If your unsure of the water depth...send your buddy first.

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I'll be in the Fish Trap Voyager, with the Red Sportsman 500 next to it. There will be music playing and cans being open. :thumbsup:
Only in the U.P.  (You can take man out of the U.P. but can't take the U.P. out of the Man)

Offline Amuzme2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2008, 08:04 PM »
Exile,

We ended up with 4 Pike and 7 walleye. All on tip-ups. None jigging. It was the coldest weather that I have ever been in while ice fishing. Thank god for the Big Buddy!

The wind wasn't as bad as they forecasted...but the the weatherman hit it right with the temps...

Spent alot of time at the Swallow Inn...closed it Saturday night!

How did you guys do?

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:38 AM »
We got 3 Eyes right at noon ( all jigging). then nothing the rest of the day.  It was cold.  we headed off the ice around 6:30 local time.  This Sat I'm going in the AM.

Offline Amuzme2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2008, 07:37 PM »
Sounds like our Saturday...everything started at 3:00PM then stopped following that.

Good luck next Saturday...I'll be back next Year! :tipup:

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2008, 09:02 AM »
There is lots of peeps that fish that area that visit this site and www.upangler.com maybe next year we should all hook up and catch some eyes.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2008, 10:30 AM »
sometimes i don't think those guys at upangler.com even know what an inland lake is haha.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2008, 03:42 PM »
You had quite abit of replies to your post there.  They always help me when I asked.  Gotta love both sites!

Offline Amuzme2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2008, 08:30 PM »
There is lots of peeps that fish that area that visit this site and www.upangler.com maybe next year we should all hook up and catch some eyes.

We come up every MLK Day weekend...tradition. I would be more than happy to meet up and buy you a few beers to teach us lower boys how to do it right.

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2008, 08:59 PM »
we did ok last weekend i was fishing south of gladsone on that sharp break we ended up with 5 eyes on saturday that i put on the ice and lost a bunch on sunday plan on heading back the second week in feb all the fish came on #5 clown rap  :tipup:

Offline papadoc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Little Bay De Noc
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Srobocop, looking at upangler.com it looks like every time you asked a question, you were replied to with good information..
It's not that we "don't know what an inland lake is there", it's just that 90% of us either live on the shore of Lake Superior, or Lake Michigan..
I grew up in Marquette , but now live in Gladstone...
If you have a specific question about an inland lake, I am sure I have fished it and could help you out..
When you posted there, you were replied to with up to the minute ice conditions for the exact lakes you were asking about.
When you asked why I sold my aqua-vu, I spelled out the pros and cons of  aqua-vu vs. vexilar flasher.
I hope you continue to check the website out and if you have something to add to the inland lake section, post something.. You could be the Inland Lake Guru..;}
Exile, thanks for checking the website out, hope you found what you were looking for..
And if anyone is headed to Little Bay De Noc, either send me a PM or ask on upangler.com and I will give you any information I can to help you out..
Brett
(Fishticuffs)

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Srobocop, looking at upangler.com it looks like every time you asked a question, you were replied to with good information..
It's not that we "don't know what an inland lake is there", it's just that 90% of us either live on the shore of Lake Superior, or Lake Michigan..
I grew up in Marquette , but now live in Gladstone...
If you have a specific question about an inland lake, I am sure I have fished it and could help you out..
When you posted there, you were replied to with up to the minute ice conditions for the exact lakes you were asking about.
When you asked why I sold my aqua-vu, I spelled out the pros and cons of  aqua-vu vs. vexilar flasher.
I hope you continue to check the website out and if you have something to add to the inland lake section, post something.. You could be the Inland Lake Guru..;}
Exile, thanks for checking the website out, hope you found what you were looking for..
And if anyone is headed to Little Bay De Noc, either send me a PM or ask on upangler.com and I will give you any information I can to help you out..
Brett
(Fishticuffs)

Notice the "haha" at the end of the post you are referring to? i was joking, i said that referring to the fact that you guys do mainly fish lake michigan and lake superior and never post about inland lakes yourselves (or rarely anyway). I have received decent information off of that site before and i didn't mean to make it sound like i haven't. We're in the UP, we're allowed to throw around a lil sarcasm here and there  ;)
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.