Author Topic: Hamilton Lake  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Letha_Face

• IceShanty Rookie
Hamilton Lake
« on: Nov 28, 2006, 01:36 PM »
When you take Hamilton lake road on the way heading west to Norway that lake looks like a nice lake. Im just curious if anyone has fished it ice or open water and how it is. Any other info on the area would be helpfull to.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hamilton Lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2006, 10:21 PM »
I fished once a couple of years ago, through the ice. Lots of bluegills, but on the small size though.

Offline Duves

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2006, 11:30 AM »
My parents live on Hamilton Lakes, and i usually fish it on sundays throughout the winter.  Lots of small fish, not many keepers, unless you keep everything over 4 inches :-\

Offline unkymer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigan's Upper Peninsula
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2006, 08:18 AM »
How about walleye? I've heard rumors off and on about a catchable population, but have yet to meet or talk to anyone who has caught any. Have you tried?

Offline Duves

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2006, 10:48 AM »
I have tried during the summer to catch walleyes with no luck though over the years.  Every once and a while you will hear of someone catching a walleye but it's not a hot/consistently caught fish in there.  I have put small shiners out on tip ups for northerns usually and have not accidentally caught a walleye.  I'm not the most serious ice fisher though, it's more of something to do until the golf course opens back up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.