Author Topic: Butler’s Island  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Letha_Face

• IceShanty Rookie
Butler’s Island
« on: Aug 09, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Where exacty is Butler’s Island? I was reading on http://www.baydenoc.com/icefishing.htm and it says "An additional spot to avoid is the north end of Butler’s Island near Kipling, Madison said. “There is a shove there-weak ice is always present off the north end. Though the water is shallow enough there to avoid the danger of drowning, having a vehicle drop through the ice can lead to a very expensive towing and repair bill, he said."

I have fished in kipling going out at the boat launch right next to bay shore resort. I doubt its that little island out there. Anyone know exactly where it is.

Offline papadoc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Little Bay De Noc
Re: Butler’s Island
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2006, 02:44 PM »
I know this topic is old, but maybe help someone else that was wondering the same thing.
Yes, that little bit of rocks, weeds, and brush that is straight out from the boat launch in kipling is Butler's Island.
The main problem that I saw last year was that it is such shallow water around that island that when the sun comes out or the temperature is a little warm, the ice gets bad very close to the island...
Hope this may help
-Brett-
><)))°>

Offline Letha_Face

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Thanks for the info. I have been wondering that for a while now. I dident think anyone was ever going to reply.

Offline Ramdog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I work hard cause millions on welfare depend on me
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Not only being shallow but there is a bunch of current too

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.