Author Topic: Marcum Lithium Shuttle released  (Read 16939 times)

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum Lithium Shuttle released
« Reply #60 on: Jan 02, 2018, 03:16 PM »
They are great, but imo we really have no long term data on how they hold up to justify the huge price increase for them...I had an Ice Force lithium battery that literally went bad after 1 use... They also require a more costly charger...

If these Marcum Lithium shuttles hold up for 3+ years, then I'm all in with Lithium...but i'll hold my breadth until then...

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #61 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:05 AM »
They are great, but imo we really have no long term data on how they hold up to justify the huge price increase for them...I had an Ice Force lithium battery that literally went bad after 1 use... They also require a more costly charger...

If these Marcum Lithium shuttles hold up for 3+ years, then I'm all in with Lithium...but i'll hold my breadth until then...

you see the dakota lithium deal we had here on ice shanty?   new battery+charger shipped for $95 total.   Been using mine quite a bit, and it is awesome, super light, holds charge much longer than an SLA.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #62 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:32 PM »
the battery is 12 amp and is 130$. the bulk buy is not 12 amp.
the charger is 40$
you can buy the combo with this shuttle for about 150$ more. that saves 100$ when buying separately.
if you want the shuttle by it's self the added cost is another 80$.
now your cost is 225$ and 170$ of that is the battery and charger.
so end cost is 55$ for the shuttle only.

Have you guys been putting the shuttle directly on the ice? I've only been out twice with it and I've been using the bucket as a stand. It works great in the shanty but not a good method for hole hopping.

I just don't feel comfortable setting it down in the slushy wet elements.

Might have to do to brainstorming on a base or legs to mount on the bottom to raise it up a little.
i am putting it directly on the ice with snow and slush and water. i want to know if it will be okay while it is under warranty. it was snowing hard on it last night no problem.
here is more on the same question:
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=352644.new#new

some thing i just thought of. take a 5 gal bucket and cut off the bottom 1 or 2 inches and use a few longer screws and screw the cut off bucket to the bottom of the shuttle using the shuttles screw holes.  it can be right side up or upside down.. if you go right side up, it would still fit into a bucket for transport if you wanted all of that.

i really don't think you need to worry about it. i might take mine apart to check for water. maybe set it in a tub with water and then check it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.