Author Topic: Frabill Ultra lite  (Read 3046 times)

Rob V

Frabill Ultra lite
« on: Nov 17, 2003, 07:34 AM »
Saw  the Frabill Ultra-lite unit the other day in Bass pro shop.  Looked like a very nice unit for one person.

Anyone have any input/experience with this unit ?

thanks in advance

Rob V

Gillles

Re:Frabill Ultra lite
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2003, 11:05 AM »
I picked up a frabil ultra light last year on sale at Gart Bros.  and love it, Best of all its light and extremely portable and the most convienent ice shellter I've ever had.  Excellent choice for one man especially if you have to move around alot.

Offline walleye1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2003, 11:10 AM »
I bought one last year myself and really enjoyed it. Perfect for the walking ice fisherman due to the light weight.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2003, 11:38 AM »
I was going to buy one of these. But this guy I fish with sometimes offered me a Shappell rover that was brand new for $100. I couldnt resist. Wife got in the pickup and asked what did you buy now? I had purchased a Frabill triplex 3 days beforehand and then she asked me how many fish houses did I need before i was happy.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline wolverine-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2003, 02:06 PM »
This will be my 2nd season with the frabill ul.Wanted to be more mobile and its fitting the need so far.I had a clam 5600,and liked it alot except in the wind and it was 95#`s . May eventually get a 2 man flip top,frabill ranger xlt.Thats so my 90# golden has some room.He`s going to miss the 5600,until I do.FLAG UP!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2003, 03:26 PM »
I could never take my dog ice fishing. I have had to pull two fish hooks out of his nose and Ive only had him like 2 months. He would love to go but I cant handle pliers with stiff fingers.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2003, 08:58 AM »
This will be my second year with the ul.  I think it is a great setup for the $.  I too will be looking to buy a two man flip.
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

Offline wolverine-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2003, 10:19 AM »
Yes sir, theres sure alot of choices out there. The UL sure is a good unit for runn`n & gunn`n. Plus having a sportsman(quad) to allow me to be highly mobile.The 2 man flip-top will give us a bit more width and length for the real cold days. Room for the Mr. heater,for the times we target lakers all day. :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.