Author Topic: Fish Trap question  (Read 2756 times)

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
Fish Trap question
« on: Nov 04, 2003, 10:06 PM »
I've decided on getting a Fish Trap Guide this year. What I need to know is if the optional cover is nessesary? I tow on foot and sometimes by snowmobile. My truck has a cap, so to and from the lake isnt a problem. For fifty bucks it seem expensive. TIA

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re:Fish Trap question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2003, 11:21 AM »
ken if you are towing behind a snowmobile I would get the cover. This will prevent snow from being thrown into the Guide and also prevent gear from being thrown out.  :o
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2003, 10:07 PM »
Thanks Doug, I'm kind of frugel (cheap!) I didnt want to put out the bucks if I didnt have to.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2003, 09:53 AM »
You could rig up a tarp w/ bungee cords or something for probably under $10.00. It's just easy slipping the cover on being it has the elastic ends . Either way will work. ;)
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2003, 07:33 PM »
Nah, I'll just buy the cover. I need make some calls and see where I can go to pick the shanty up, I dont see any in the stores yet.

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2003, 02:35 PM »
I've got the same Trap. Defintely get a cover for it. It's not too much fun when you flop the top over and get buried with snow and ice. Especially if you're towing it behind a machine, you'll be happy you have one.

Hijinks
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Butthead

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2003, 10:21 PM »
The cover helps keep everything in your sled.  I just added two otter rod holders to my guide.  Can't wait for some good ice here in Minneapolis.

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2003, 05:33 PM »
Get a cover.If you haul your sled in a truck it keeps all the road grim off of it,plus nothing blows out.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Gillfisher-WI

« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2003, 12:25 PM »
I went the last 2 years being cheap and not buying the cover. I also can not count the number of times I had to stop and pick up something that fell out while I was pulling the shack. I bought the cover a week ago for this year and so far I am happy that I spent the money, also should keep the stuff clean when stored off season.

gov

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2003, 08:37 AM »
Great choice I just bought the Guide myself, also the fitted cover protects  and secure"s the rest of the gear. I would spend the $$$$$$$$$$Good Luc :)k this season

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2003, 01:41 PM »
I bought the cover when I picked up the Guide. I have been pulling it on foot so far, so I havent needed the cover yet. I can see I will need it when I pull it with the sled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.