Author Topic: fish trap scout modifications  (Read 2911 times)

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
fish trap scout modifications
« on: Oct 25, 2003, 02:16 PM »
Anybody make any helpful modifications to there portable to make them unique?  Post them here im interested in hearing about them!!! :'( :'( ???
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
Re:fish trap scout modifications
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2003, 11:01 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I just bought a fish trap scout.  I have already put a 12 volt lighting system in it.  I used two 3 x 5 inch lights mounted them to the center cross bar. Each facing the other direction. . I also put them on a toggle switch so I can turn one or the other on.  I installed a small marine battery to run the show and other electric gear.  I wanted to see how long it would take to kill a battery  The lights stayed on for 20 hours before the battery hit 8 volts and they dimmed.  Good enough for me.  I recharged the battery in less than 6 hours on 2 amp.  
     I have put to eye bolts 1/2 '' on both sides of the fopening of the clam. I ran a rod thru these and welded a 2'' x 3'' x 1/8 '' piece of flat to them. Then I drilled a hole thru the flat .  I am goiing to use these as tie downs by hammering a 3/8'' x 6'' long nail into the ice.  Ill use the same hammer to pull them out when I move.  It takes all of 30 seconds to secure the hut. This way it won't move in the wind.  I can secure it while sitting in it also.
    I use those yellow tarp  holders I bought from walmart to hold the lisense holder they just pinch the fabric and this way you dont have to put holes in the fabric.
  I also Use these tarp holder to hang my coat up inside and my small marine radio.  They have an eye and a hook you can use in them.
   I am currently mounting a 6 rod rod holder on a bucket using 1 1/4 inch pcv I mount the pcv using the pvc glue and this way I can access my rods easier when fishing. They are  mounted on right on the side of the bucket all the time. This leaves the lines untangled and every thing accessable fast when ya get ready to fish.
     I mounted to lexan strips to the bottom like skis.  I used lexan cause it is so indestructable and i had some left from a stock car wing. It is the bullet proof glass they use at hockey rinks.  This will save my sled bottom cause they tear up easy when on rocks or concrete.  I knmow cause it scratched mine while I wind tested it one night.
  I am making three rods for between the hoops so in real windy conditiond the trap wont blow in on me and open up.  Ill let you know what material I used when It becomes successful.
    Tinker on!
   Da-Roc
  P.S.  O yeah if you open the vent flaps with a cross wind youll get air conditioning.  lol!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.