Author Topic: Viking Shelter  (Read 3300 times)

Offline wormwigglr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Viking Shelter
« on: Dec 19, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Can anyone tell me where you can view viking ice shelters on the internet? I am having trouble finding any on the internet so I am not sure if they are even still in business. I seen one in the paper for sale but I don't want to take the drive to see it until I view it on the net. Any help would be appreciated?

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Viking Shelter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2004, 03:45 AM »

Offline xulgiy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2004, 07:59 AM »
how do these stack against the shappels???

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2004, 05:03 PM »
I saw one at sports authority yesterday and it looked really cheap.. the tarp is basically a thin blue tarp that you would buy at walmart and the plastic was very thin.. Not very impressed but for the right price I may think about it.. With care it could probably last a couple of seasons.
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2004, 10:58 PM »
I saw a two man Viking at Walmart the other day for $241.00. It looked like junk; made out of cheap tarp material. I'd spend the extra  $100 bucks on an Eskimo.

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2004, 06:11 PM »
Can anyone tell me where you can view viking ice shelters on the internet? I am having trouble finding any on the internet so I am not sure if they are even still in business. I seen one in the paper for sale but I don't want to take the drive to see it until I view it on the net. Any help would be appreciated?

W.W.-stay away from the Viking. I bought one last year from Walmart-I liked the height and the interior hole configerations for 2 fishermen. When I set it up, I found the fabric was thin, stapled to the sled/base, which was a thin polyethelene plastic..would not withstand the first windy day on L. Erie. Took the shanty back to the store and piced up a Clam 2000, although it is 6" shorter in Height than the Viking, the fabric is very durable, as with the sled, and the fabric is attached to the sled by screws; the shanty is very easy to set up, whereas, you need another guy and a monkey to set up the Viking. I got the Clam for $225 at a local Walmart.

Offline wormwigglr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2005, 09:30 AM »
what do you guys think of shappell? i already have a clam scout but i am in need of a two man shanty. i am kinda strapped on cash because i'm trying to finish up my last semester of college, so i'm looking for cheap and durable.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2005, 05:04 PM »
For the money I think the Shappel is the best built out there. The Clams & Eskimos are a far better unit though. I went with Shappel because it was all the money I could afford at the time and I'm very happy with it (DX3000 Deluxe). The DX3000 & DX3000 Deluxe are probably the best value in these. If I could have afforded any more I would have stepped up to a good one instead of spending more on a different Shappel model.

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.