Author Topic: .  (Read 1976 times)

Offline AkDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« on: Jan 25, 2006, 08:05 AM »

Offline GBP04

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: koole?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2006, 03:22 PM »
 :tipup: Dan i am buying a portable this week The eskimo II quick flip at Sportsmans warehouse. I hear good things and am about to make it happen is there anything else I shopuld consider?
John

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2006, 06:33 PM »
GBP04, maybe you should look at the Otter Wilderness Walleye at Sentry NP $429? Not sure of the price difference ??? Seems like it sits a lot higher and has the swivel seats.

Dan, the guy who jump started your truck works here at the FD with me.

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Hey GBP04!

I have been using a Quick Flip II for the past 3 years and I love it.  However, I did not install the bench seat when I put it together.  I find that I can fit more gear in the sled without it and I can sit on 5 gallon buckets or a folding chair.  It's a breeze to set up and warms up nice with only a propane lantern.  It's good for two adults, but I have used it with both of my kids and it works good.  It's also small enough for me to lift it (full of gear) into the back of my Explorer.  For me it was money well spent.  I'm gonna use the steel tubing that was meant for the bench seat in order to make a tow hitch to pull behind a snowmachine or four wheeler.  The only other addition that I plan on is to add some plastice strips to bottom to keep it from wearing out on me. 

Icy Mike

Offline GBP04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Thanks for the info icy. I am going for it. Its to cold even for me but I am going to put it up in the garage and make a few mods right away. Skids on the bottom ect. I hope to get it out this weekend. -20 woudl be warm enough. (maybe not).
have a good one

Offline GBP04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Bought the Eskimo QFII on Friday. On Sale even. Paid 251.00 at Sportsmans. Rumor is they are getting rid of all there Ice Fishing stuff. (source a little weak) but worth the? Put it together on saturday. Went fine except I was not real happy with the seal molding for the back of the sled. Kicked my butt for 1/2 hour walked away for an hour and came back. Of course it went right on then. Thinking I know need the cover for the sled. Any thoughts?
John

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2006, 02:23 PM »
Getting back to Koole lake, if anyone wants to go we should try to arrange a few people to go out there. KP has said it was a bit hairy out there in Dec. but with this colder weather there should be no overflow to worry about. I would also like to see who would be interested in doing a trip to Blair lakes as well. I'm sure we could find rides for people without snow machines, I have one, and so do both KP and Farmer Grant. These would both be fun trips to make and are fairly close to town. I know how to get to Koole 14 mile trip one way but am looking for a short cut to Blair from the Harding or Auroura Lodge aka Midway. I think this would make it faster than from the South Cushman access. If anyone has any input please relpy.

Thanks

FF, Brad

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Brad,
No trips for me for awhile, got plans next Saturday and Super Bowl on Sunday. Weekend after that I'm on call at work again so it would be the 18th before I can get out. The Army or Air Force used to put an ice road in just south of the old roadhouse at Harding Lake, used to beTrphys or Triphs something like that. Was a nice place back then, looks like heck now. Anyway hope its warm for the 18th - 19th because I'll be more than ready for a fishing trip by then.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.