The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo Mako Model 2003M  (Read 2399 times)

Offline ddavis317

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Mako Model 2003M
« on: Feb 10, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Hello, I am new to ice fishing. Just moved to WI from OH. I recently bought a used Eskimo Mako Ice auger model 2003M. It is leaking gas bad and I am trying to find a rebuild kit for the carburetor. Unfortunately this model year is not included on Eskimos web site. Any info on where or how to get Manuals and or rebuild kits for this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Eskimo Mako Model 2003M
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Just call Eskimo and tell them what you need. They will help you out.
<===Lefty===

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2019, 04:32 PM »
I have that same exact auger and can't say enough good things about it.  While you're taking it apart to rebuild the carb I'd highly suggest you replace the gas line with the Ethanol resistant gas line.  It'll only cost you a dollar or two but it's well worth it.  The Ethanol started eating the original gas line on mine and ended up plugging the inlet on the carb with a big gob of gook.  I don't know if you have the owner's manual that came with it but I just checked both of mine, the one for the entire auger and the one from Tecumseh for the motor, and neither have a schematic of the carb.  I changed the gaskets in my carb a few years ago and will look to see if I can find the info on the kit I bought.  In the mean time I'd try Googling TC300 carb kit or something like that to make sure it's the same carb as the one on your auger.  I don't know if they used a few  different carbs that year or not but my guess is that they didn't. 

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2019, 06:13 PM »
Here's a link to the kit I bought to rebuild my carb and a video that I used for reference.  The video is for an Earthquake ground auger but it's the same motor.  I don't know if you have the same carb on your's but if you do this is all you'll need.

Carb kit       

https://www.amazon.com/RK-18HU-Genuine-Tillotson-Carburetor-Repair/dp/B006WQYM0A         

Youtube video

&t                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2019, 06:34 PM »
For some reason the video starts a few minutes in, just start it from the beginning to see all of it.

Offline ddavis317

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2019, 11:54 AM »
Chris, thanks for all the info. Just now got a chance to read it. I have some other projects taking priority right now.  I looked at the carburetor and I couldn't see any numbers on it, I did notice it was stamped Tecumseh, and had a patent number with Tecumseh right above the numbers. It did say TC3000 on the motor. Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2019, 04:34 PM »
Happy to help you out and good luck with your projects.  I don't remember what the numbers are on my carb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.