New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827176 times)

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #8340 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:07 PM »

Nice pic  :thumbsup:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #8341 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:11 PM »
post of the year. nice bruce ;) that wasent my gas hole was it?
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #8342 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:14 PM »

Great drawing bruce!!!.... supposed to be cool threw Monday.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #8343 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:19 PM »

Lake Ontario is still iced as far as the eye can see today, forgot my camera.  Amazing.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8344 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:20 PM »
post of the year. nice bruce ;) that wasent my gas hole was it?

It was south of yours closer to 125.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8345 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:23 PM »
great a new one ::)

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8346 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:23 PM »

Great drawing bruce!!!.... supposed to be cool threw Monday.

I am not liking this rain but even after the rain you could probably get out okay in some spots. I was surprised how fast the auger cut through the first half. After that it was pretty solid.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8347 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Sorry Oldtimer, I had to give it one more shot! I went out this afternoon for a few hours. Caught about 20 or so perch and kept a handful. The top layer was okay in some spots and other spots I cut in about 6". I dropped off at Taft and ran out to the middle. I didn't even have to swim the sled out and back either.  ;D

I came across this and I will post it on the GH thread.

Now I am done.  ;D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #8348 on: Apr 03, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Awesome picture, cant wait for next season !!!!!

Tom
I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8349 on: Apr 03, 2014, 07:32 PM »

nice pics RTX , always good to see the young ones with a catch

DC your not the only guy to quick release a fish , but it was nice to seesomeone else do it , and nice trout pics you sent me , well done when our streams calm down we will have at it , next year I will be spending much more time on the flats that was a great time even if I do fish really old school  ;)
 I'm happy with my season personal best eye through the ice thanks to my guide AW on south side eyes , my perch were down but picked away at them , they were tough for me this year , but did stuff some in the freezer , I'm not quite done with the ice think a few more trips are needed

I enjoyed myself out there that day with you and HT...you 2 are great people and that is all that matters :)
I wish I would have made it over to the North Shore this year...I bet the Waldos taste better up there :whistle:
Thanks to all the Diehards for another great season...

AW

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8350 on: Apr 03, 2014, 08:10 PM »
lets do it again more then once next year ;)

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8351 on: Apr 03, 2014, 08:22 PM »
I am not liking this rain but even after the rain you could probably get out okay in some spots. I was surprised how fast the auger cut through the first half. After that it was pretty solid.

Oh man, that is soooooooooooo tempting :%$#!:   I know it's probably stupid but just want that one last time.  This is the time where I wish it would just go cause it's just messing with me right now :wacko: :unsure: :blink:

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8352 on: Apr 03, 2014, 10:12 PM »
Been a fun year with plenty of ice. Fishing was tough at times, but there were plenty of good days too.
Scout57 mentioned in a post this am , that this was his 56 th year on the ice...awesome scout! It got me thinking that next year will be my 50 th ice season!! Man does time fly by. I got a late start ice fishing,12 years old in 1965. I had an old canvas knapsack that I used to carry all my ice gear...5 tip ups.1 jig pole,1 lure/hook box ,Lighter fluid filled hand warmer,thermos, ice scoop..also some type of fiber bait bucket and a trusty old spud bar to make the holes.A couple years we hauled a car battery that tommy hooked up somehow to a 9 inch black and white tv and we watched the Super Bowl out on the ice!! High Tech Gear!!
My sister just sent me some old  pics that I thought were gone forever. She found them in some old boxes that had been in my parents attic....

thats me , choo choo steve in 1968, high school freshman, with a brown trout, Waywayanda Lake

here is my first ice fishing northern pike, january 1969, waywayanda lake

Greg and me, Greenwood lake NY, nice stringerful

Can't wait to celebrate my 50 th ice season next year. Mostly gonna be on Oneida Lake !! Party Time!! See you all on the river soon and Oneida next month. Stay dry everyone....choo choo
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline nessman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8353 on: Apr 03, 2014, 10:48 PM »
How are things looking at Williams Park in Cicero?  May try to get out there one last time this weekend so long as there's enough clear ice under the corn. 

If not - any tips for good spots up north? 

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8354 on: Apr 04, 2014, 04:18 AM »
Cool pic Bruce! @)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8355 on: Apr 04, 2014, 04:21 AM »
good stuff right there Choo Choo :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8356 on: Apr 04, 2014, 05:07 AM »
Oh man, that is soooooooooooo tempting :%$#!:   I know it's probably stupid but just want that one last time.  This is the time where I wish it would just go cause it's just messing with me right now :wacko: :unsure: :blink:

The ONLY reason I went yesterday was because we had a hard freeze down to 22 the night before. It didn't freeze last night and its probably not freezing tonight with some rain coming. I am not going to tempt fate.

Awesome pics choo choo!

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #8357 on: Apr 04, 2014, 05:50 AM »
Been a fun year with plenty of ice. Fishing was tough at times, but there were plenty of good days too.
Scout57 mentioned in a post this am , that this was his 56 th year on the ice...awesome scout! It got me thinking that next year will be my 50 th ice season!! Man does time fly by. I got a late start ice fishing,12 years old in 1965. I had an old canvas knapsack that I used to carry all my ice gear...5 tip ups.1 jig pole,1 lure/hook box ,Lighter fluid filled hand warmer,thermos, ice scoop..also some type of fiber bait bucket and a trusty old spud bar to make the holes.A couple years we hauled a car battery that tommy hooked up somehow to a 9 inch black and white tv and we watched the Super Bowl out on the ice!! High Tech Gear!!
My sister just sent me some old  pics that I thought were gone forever. She found them in some old boxes that had been in my parents attic....

thats me , choo choo steve in 1968, high school freshman, with a brown trout, Waywayanda Lake

here is my first ice fishing northern pike, january 1969, waywayanda lake

Greg and me, Greenwood lake NY, nice stringerful

Can't wait to celebrate my 50 th ice season on Oneida Lake next year!! Party Time!! See you all on the river soon and Oneida next month. Stay dry everyone....choo choo
Great pics choo choo.......just to clarify, I misrepresented myself in that post.....I am 56 yrs old.....guessing I have been fishing for at least 52 of those......don't want to age myself too prematurely ;D

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8358 on: Apr 04, 2014, 06:27 AM »
How are things looking at Williams Park in Cicero?  May try to get out there one last time this weekend so long as there's enough clear ice under the corn. 

If not - any tips for good spots up north?

Williams was just about shot last weekend, had to ride almost to Borios inside the crack to cross.  There was 5-8' of open water each side of the crack.

Not sure about anywhere else.

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8359 on: Apr 04, 2014, 06:29 AM »

you're right.  I wouldn't try it, especially with another .5" rain coming.  Just want to get out somewhere.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8360 on: Apr 04, 2014, 07:01 AM »
Great pics Choo choo .... brought back some great memories .... Seems you grew up in my neck of the woods ... I grew up in Kinnelon and fished all those great lakes. Did you ever get the chance to fish Glenwild in Bloomingdale ?
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline Pman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8361 on: Apr 04, 2014, 07:15 AM »
Did 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday - not nearly as much fun as the walk from Apps out to 121 but no pressure cracks or gas holes.  ;D

Reeleyz very nice goodbye to the season, that pic is a classic.

Choo choo great pics, wish I had got into ice fishing back then.

Hope to see some of you guys on the softwater this year.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8362 on: Apr 04, 2014, 08:09 AM »
Great pics Choo choo .... brought back some great memories .... Seems you grew up in my neck of the woods ... I grew up in Kinnelon and fished all those great lakes. Did you ever get the chance to fish Glenwild in Bloomingdale ?
Thanks Stormy and all you guy's. Never fished Glenwild Stormy, but cruised by Kinnelon and Bloomingdale on old route 23 about a million times, on our way to Highland lakes, Panorama ,  Greenwood Lake and my favorite which was Wawayanda. Saddle Brook was my hometown, not to far from Kinnelon...hope to finally meet you  soon on the river or Oneida, and BS about what seems to be, the same old stomping grounds!
Small world!
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8363 on: Apr 04, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Awesome picts Chooch!

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8364 on: Apr 04, 2014, 09:51 AM »
was a great year but im done was hoping maybe to get out this weekend but not going to push my luck, going to get lawn work done and get reay for the new boat i just bought,

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #8365 on: Apr 04, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Did 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday - not nearly as much fun as the walk from Apps out to 121 but no pressure cracks or gas holes.  ;D

Reeleyz very nice goodbye to the season, that pic is a classic.

Choo choo great pics, wish I had got into ice fishing back then.

Hope to see some of you guys on the softwater this year.

Last year I thought I was going to die carry out a Turkey just a 1/4 mile and it went downhill from there. Last September my Doctor stepped in and implanted a pacemaker/defibrillator device. I was still having issues??? Doc order another med that seems to be working. I was really apprehensive at the beginning of the ice fishing season to say the least! I still move like an old man, but I did gain a little confidence back. Today is my fifth day doing a mile on the treadmill, even been sticking to the diet! First goal is to feel better out in the woods chasing Turkeys. Long term goal, that early ice on Oneida Lake! ;D

choo choo, I like the "earlier" pictures, thanks for sharing! I started with a pack basket, 5 tip-ups, bait bucket, spud and a scoop. High Tech was when we lugged out a Coleman stove for cooking instead of a wood fire!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline the wind

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8366 on: Apr 04, 2014, 12:19 PM »
Williams was just about shot last weekend, had to ride almost to Borios inside the crack to cross.  There was 5-8' of open water each side of the crack.

Not sure about anywhere else.

tried to get on off south shore at spot we fished yesterday. wind was piling up ice and rolling 200 lb boulders. open water there. its over for me.

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8367 on: Apr 04, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Hey  Bart  I  hear   you ,  can't  wait  to  chase  some  turkeys. My  father   is  down  in  Florida   recovering  from   a triple  bypass and a replaced  artery  , plan  on  getting  him  out  he  lives  for  it. Still  waiting  to see if  he  will be  able  to pull the  trigger though. I  heard  Fisher Bay  is  having  a  turkey  contest,  used  to   do  the Spinning  Wheels but   they  stopped  doing it  last  year.Was   a great  time  , never  cared  if  i  won  anything   the  dinner   at  the  end   was   great ,good  times  and  a lot  of stories. With  the   wet  springs  i  think   the  numbers  are  still way down, but   i  will  hunt  the   month  hard  trying  to  get  the  old  man  and  my  2 sons their birds  .Look  forward  to  seeing   everybody   on the  other side. Good  luck

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8368 on: Apr 04, 2014, 01:36 PM »
saw 2 guys on the ice in front of onieda shores this morning :cookoo:. the wife, and I were watching them when all of a sudden they grabbed thier gear, and took off for shore !! thank god they didn't take a swim. they had to get wet getting on, and off the ice. it's not worth your life !!! The ice is moving, and piling a little. water levels are rising. hoping to be fishing open water in 3 days. high winds tomorrow also.   Sully...

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #8369 on: Apr 04, 2014, 02:07 PM »
Hey  Bart  I  hear   you ,  can't  wait  to  chase  some  turkeys. My  father   is  down  in  Florida   recovering  from   a triple  bypass and a replaced  artery  , plan  on  getting  him  out  he  lives  for  it. Still  waiting  to see if  he  will be  able  to pull the  trigger though. I  heard  Fisher Bay  is  having  a  turkey  contest,  used  to   do  the Spinning  Wheels but   they  stopped  doing it  last  year.Was   a great  time  , never  cared  if  i  won  anything   the  dinner   at  the  end   was   great ,good  times  and  a lot  of stories. With  the   wet  springs  i  think   the  numbers  are  still way down, but   i  will  hunt  the   month  hard  trying  to  get  the  old  man  and  my  2 sons their birds  .Look  forward  to  seeing   everybody   on the  other side. Good  luck

Three generations hitting the woods, very cool!  ;D  Best of luck to you, your father and sons!

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.